• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best way to revisit Nioh games?

I Master l

Banned
Hi Gaf

I have a un urge to play Nioh games its been years since ive beat them on the PS4, My options are building a PC with i5 12400f CPU-RX 6700 GPU or
buying a PS5 both options will cost me the same, Which one is better ?

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Hi Gaf

I have a un urge to play Nioh games its been years since ive beat them on the PS4, My options are building a PC with i5 12400f CPU-RX 6700 GPU or
I would get a PS5. It will usually outperform or perform close to the PC while being much more convenient and retain better resell value. Unless you're interested in the larger library of PC or modding (which is honestly really nice), gaming on a budget is better on consoles right now.

One thing though, has the original Nioh been patched for the PS5? If not, you'll be stuck with the PS4 version.

Last edited:
The two Nioh games I played was so repetitive, the first not so much, but the second one.... OOF. Also, the loot system fucking sucks. But the gameplay core (how it feels) is really good :messenger_grinning:

PC is the way to go. But I think the PS version runs well. So...

Last edited:

Lux R7

Hi Gaf

3kduys.jpg

PC!

but honestly it depends on what other games you're interested in or maybe you'll need a pc for something else.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
This is the main reason why I couldn't get into the first and skipped the second (although did play the beta/demo).
It took me a while to get into it. The loot and stats system is stupidly overwhelming.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PC will always be better if you’re interested in all of the advantages.

If you’re just a casual player, then get a PS5.

As for what else you’ll need I’d say some lube for when Nioh 2 bends you over.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

This is the main reason why I couldn't get into the first and skipped the second (although did play the beta/demo).
Once you get further into the game, there's a mechanic that basically completely remedies the most grindy aspects of the loot system. This goes for both games - and even more so for the second.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't think you could go wrong, but I will say that the PS5 versions are very well done, especially of the first game.

I would get a PS5. It will usually outperform or perform close to the PC while being much more convenient and retain better resell value. Unless you're interested in the larger library of PC or modding (which is honestly really nice), gaming on a budget is better on consoles right now.

One thing though, has the original Nioh been patched for the PS5? If not, you'll be stuck with the PS4 version.
Both have native PS5 versions. If you have a physical copy of Nioh 2 for the PS4, you can get the PS5 digital copy for free. Strangely though, the same isn't true of Nioh 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom