• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda posts up new teaser picture, [Update: Full Sized Images]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why not?
Back in the computer days, they didn't coincide their game releases with movies. Someone wanted to make a game, so they made one. It's been so long since they did anything with the Terminator franchise. And their Terminator games were awesome.

g7zFrwJ.jpg
neDWMaXm.jpg

Semi-open world maps full of enemies, more than one way to fulfill and objective, and ok graphics for the time.

Margins are bad on licensed games.

Why not?
Back in the computer days, they didn't coincide their game releases with movies. Someone wanted to make a game, so they made one. It's been so long since they did anything with the Terminator franchise. And their Terminator games were awesome.

g7zFrwJ.jpg
neDWMaXm.jpg

Semi-open world maps full of enemies, more than one way to fulfill and objective, and ok graphics for the time.

Yes but right now is a different time and people don't usually just make games out of nowhere like that

i-Lo

Here's an actual screenshot released by Bethesda to market The Evil Within:

Were I making games with this engine, I'd also use CG.

Ah, yes, I remember that one.

That said, has there been any word of this game using idTech 5 as well?

vio

Mechanical design in those screenshots makes me think it`s Wolfenstein. Alternative world when the Nazi`s won indeed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ah, yes, I remember that one.

That said, has there been any word of this game using idTech 5 as well?

Yeah, when MachineGames was founded part of the press release was that they would be using idtech5 and helping to develop the engine.

gblues

Banned
Why not?

g7zFrwJ.jpg
neDWMaXm.jpg

The Bethesda Terminator games were literally "Daggerfall with guns." They both used the horrible buggy mess that was xNgine.

Crawl

1960 WW2 is over and the nazi threat has been wiped out, or so they thought.

Picture #1

A cult has taken hitlers remains and fused it with mech tech

Picture #2

Hitler has been constructed with state of art weaponry using his mind and genes and experimental mech design

Picture #3

The birth of mecha hitler & the start of WW3!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
another game within a month from their latest announcement...Bethesda trying to be a bigger publisher,cute.

Shut your whore mouth Prey 2 will be awesome
probably not though and will likely be much different than the version shown before

seeing that Human Head went working n helping on other things(Bioshock Infinite and Defiance),yeah if Prey 2 is still a real thing it will most likely be a different game from a different developer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
When are we going to see Bethesda Game Studios new game?? I hope we don't have to wait until like 2018

dunno,they don't work that fast because of all the big DLCs they make for their games.

Morrowind (2002)
Oblivion (2006)
Fallout 3 (2008)
Skyrim (2011)

so I think 2014 or 2015 for next Fallout/TES if you are lucky.

Bethesda's next-gen game (whatever it is) has to be my most anticipated title coming into next-gen.

dunno,they don't work that fast because of all the big DLCs they make for their games.

Morrowind (2002)
Oblivion (2006)
Fallout 3 (2008)
Skyrim (2011)

so I think 2014 or 2015 for next Fallout/TES if you are lucky.

Any indication of them expanding at all since?

If they want to be a "big boy" publisher they need to start getting out their titles on more of a 2-year cycle.

1960 WW2 is over and the nazi threat has been wiped out, or so they thought.

Picture #1

A cult has taken hitlers remains and fused it with mech tech

Picture #2

Hitler has been constructed with state of art weaponry using his mind and genes and experimental mech design

Picture #3

The birth of mecha hitler & the start of WW3!

Controversy time: You play as an awoken mecha-Hitler trying to escape an evil American laboratory. It ends with Hitler getting a new army and declaring war on the US.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Bethesda's next-gen game (whatever it is) has to be my most anticipated title coming into next-gen.

Any indication of them expanding at all since?

If they want to be a "big boy" publisher they need to start getting out their titles on more of a 2-year cycle.

Not sure really, Bethesda Game Studios is always hiring (going with their site)but I don't think they are that bigger than before, but do fans want Fallout and TES every years? this sound like a bad way to kill their IPs popularity (see Halo/Uncharted/Gears/Kratos..fans get tired of this 2-year cycle very fast).

and well Zenimax own other studios now for that big publishers party..id, Bethesda, ZeniMax MMO Studios,id ,Arkane(actually 2 studios one in USA and the other in France) Tango, MachineGames and Battlecry,they just need to let all of these guys actually release games.

DieH@rd

Banned
I would be very satisfied with Wofenstien set in very distant future. Ancient curse awakening, world being plunged into 4th apocalypse, and only one Mark VI Cyber Commando standing as a beacon of hope.

derFeef

I would be very satisfied with Wofenstien set in very distant future. Ancient curse awakening, world being plunged into 4th apocalypse, and only one Mark VI Cyber Commando standing as a beacon of hope.

Heh ;)
I am kinda excited to see what Machinegames has created.

Rex Power Colt vs the robo-nazi hordes? OH YES!!!

John Carmack was talking about making a new Quake game set in the Quake 1 universe some time ago. Maybe thats it.

But i doubt it since they have so much trouble with Doom 4.

Crawl

As far as fallout goes, i believe you'll see an announcement/teaser trailer at the 2013 vga's with a release date of fall 2014.

li bur

Just seems too futuristic for the new wolfenstein, but i've only played return to the wolfenstein castle, so i'm not really sure.

If it means more Sci-fi games then YAYY

Top Bottom