• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

They used a sticky tape on the table so the battery stopped where they wanted, but on their best take it wobbled back a little and made it obvious that something stopped it there. They asked the effects team to fix it and it turned out perfect in the episode.

They were happy with it because it's something that kind of VFX work wouldn't have looked right for a big part of Breaking Bad and they would have to live with it, but nowadays they can count with small fixes like that because the digital tools are so much better.
See, people? You should listen to the insider podcast. :)

Another interesting story from this episode: apparently the production notes that described the intent for the "shiny overblown look" of the scenes where Chuck goes outside didn't make it through to whoever was processing the video and so they corrected all the overblown shininess of the scene and it just looked like a normal outdoor scene hahaha... so they went back and fixed it. :)

Donos

I was watching Gremlins 2 for the first time with a friend a few months ago and guess who I noticed pop up:

kZWfMpY.png

I was really proud of myself because we're both big BB/BCS fans and she always recognizes celebrities before I do(she pointed out Johnathan Banks when we watched Gremlins 1).

Always recognized Raymond Cruz everywhere after i saw Clear and Present Danger where he played Domingo Chavez (later a Rainbow 6 Operator) since i devoured all Tom Clancy books back then.
Always thought "oh look, it's Chavez". Even with His Tuco role, he is going to stay Chavez for me.

So I thought Chuck may have potentially ventured out and called his doctor just so he could take the foil off at the last minute and be all "they think I am still crazy, can you just say I'm not". Not necessarily to do anything to affect Jimmy but as a "proof" for everyone else as a sort of moral victory.

Edit: on second note, scratch that, his case was built on him actually being affected by electromagnetic waves

Edit 2: Was almost cringing at the thought of one of the camera crew saying "It's all good man" when Jimmy was flustered trying to find a face for the advert. Glad it didn't happen

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Could those scenes where saul is working in a cinnabon actually scenes from the future after what had happened on BB?

I remember in an ep of BB saul saying that if everything went to shit he would be a manager of a cinnabon(I think ?)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Could those scenes where saul is working in a cinnabon actually scenes from the future after what had happened on BB?

I remember in an ep of BB saul saying that if everything went to shit he would be a manager of a cinnabon(I think ?)
Yep, it's confirmed those take place after BB.

TCRS

Banned
Finally caught up. I guess we can see outlines of how hector gets on the wheelchair. Also first time we see Huell, the crazy lady whatshername and the name Saul Goodman. I guess we're nearing the end, maybe one more season? Also only a matter of time before we see Gale I guess.

Either way I love this show. This is how you do spin-offs. I love that they kept a lot of the artsy direction and the general broody tone of Breaking Bad.

TheWraith

That was quite obvious already from the opening of season 1 with Jimmy watching old tapes of commercials of himself.

UrbanRats

Just out of curiosity, what did you think they were?

Top Bottom