• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2: New Concept Arts and in-engine scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellycat

I really hope that they change the style. I loved the first one, but this game (or concept gameplay) looks NOTHING like BG&E. The first one was a semi cartoony game with goat people, pandas and a talking pig.

chiQ

I agree with those who want the stylised look again. The gritty realism is technically impressive and all that, but not nearly so appealing to me.

Famassu

It has Uncharted written all over it.
I hope they'll go for a more "free form" approach.
No, it really doesn't. You might want to try reading the OPs once in a while. That's just an action/chase scene, the original BG&E had those too. Doesn't mean the whole game will be one big action scene. From the OP:

with their engine they claim they can build huge, fully explorable cities.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, it really doesn't. You might want to try reading the OPs once in a while. That's just an action/chase scene, the original BG&E had those too. Doesn't mean the whole game will be one big action scene. From the OP:

Reminds me of 'Tintin steals from Uncharted' thread

kharak

Neo Member
Dam. I want Beyond Good and Evil II but I don't want Realistic Beyond Good and Evil. :C

What is wrong here?
800px-beyond_good_and_evil_-_opening_scene.jpg

The original was one of 3 games that got me into 3D gaming for the first time (Pikmin, Star Fox Adventures). The treatment of all three franchises since then saddens me, so I hope this eventually comes out. If not for Wii U, at least for PS4, I'll buy one just for this game. Provided it's not awful, of course. ;)

watkinzez

What was the context for showing this footage? Ancel clearly wants to continue with this now that Rayman is done, but Ubi won't let him? Is this a kickstarter drive?

Tuck

I don't like how much of a departure the art design is taking from the original. BG&E's art is charming, distinctly French, and holds up extremely well even today. BG&EII's art looks to be gunning for photo realism, and that doesn't sit well with me at all. I'm also not particularly enamored by the music, which is hopefully just a placeholder.

I'm still gonna pre-order 10 copies for every system it releases on and giving them away.

Pretty much this. I hope it doesn't lose its charm.

Whenever it comes out, that is.

V_Ben

Banned
What was the context for showing this footage? Ancel clearly wants to continue with this now that Rayman is done, but Ubi won't let him? Is this a kickstarter drive?

Well, it's going to get people talking about the game again, so that could be his goal.

RedSwirl

Hold the fuck up! Is Mechner involved with this?! If so, automatic hype increase.

Also, I don't mind the visual change, but I didn't really like BG&E1's art style.

UrbanRats

Lol, calm down man, it was related to Dennis' joke, no need to be a dick :p.

UrbanRats

Since Anvil is getting old, do you guys think AC3 will use BG&E2 engine? Both games are kinda open world, so it's plausible.
Ubi is not gonna invest in a brand new engine, for just one game is it?

He doesn't want to limit his vision for the game which is beyond what the current gen consoles can do. I think he even indicated that the Wii U would not be able to cope with it BUT that may have been before he'd even seen a dev kit.

Wait, what?!
Oh man, oh man!

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed the character art isn't more cartoony like the first, but seeing this still alive is great.

Shiggy

Oh yeah, I fully expect the 'proper' next-gen for this one. Whatever his 3D equivalent of UbiArt is is going to require some serious power, most likely.

Yep, he clearly states that he needs a powerful console for the game. So Xbox Ten, from what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom