• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond: Two Souls' budget is $27M

And I fully expect the advertising to balloon the budget...Videogames are inherently screwed by this as you have to show actual footage of the game....

http://www.ppbh.com/how-much-do-ads-on-youtube-cost/

Now let's look at someone like Pewdiepie. With 13 million subscribers and thus if an ad runs on his channel and every one sees it once, you're looking at close to 4 million dollars and that's a minimum.

For example, I'm not subscribed to any LP channels but I do follow angry joe and total biscuit and of course, I'll probably see the ads there which is another UNIQUE view.

On youtube alone, you're looking at easily in excess of 5 million...and then throw in that if they advertise on big sites like ign and gamespot?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Expected $100M because of Dafoe and Paige.

I want to like this, really I do but for whatever really it hasn't hit my hype radar.

Perhaps it's me not wanting Ellen Page in my videogames as I wouldn't really play them versus masturbating furiously.

Damn you Boltie!

I want to like this, really I do but for whatever really it hasn't hit my hype radar.

Perhaps it's me not wanting Ellen Page in my videogames as I wouldn't really play them versus masturbating furiously.

Damn you Boltie!

I'm sure you can play it with one hand only ;)

The only marketing they'll need is this:

Beyond-thumb.jpg

But obviously in higher quality not just the thumbnail, It will carve out a place for itself just as Heavy rain did, I expect it to match Heavy rains 3 million sales.

They should use this as the games final boxart. Use the bottom left hand corner for very small game title. Would be great imo.

Where are people getting these numbers from for game budgets and marketing budgets...?

From the link in the first post:

Beyond: Two Souls, son prochain jeu, sort le 9 octobre. Son budget de 20 millions d'euros est financé par Sony.

€20.00 = $26.9850 USD

Anyway, I think this is interesting - good to see some developers are still producing technically stunning games on reasonable budgets. Of course, it remains to be seen whether it will be a good game and whether it will be longer than the average 5-7 hour campaign which has become standard with a lot of titles. I would like to know a lot more about games' budgets as I think it's a useful barometer for the industry, like how much did Rayman Legends and Puppeteer cost, how much did The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite and Splinter Cell Blacklist cost, how much did Hotline Miami and Spelunky cost, and so on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well then this game is fucked from a financial standpoint. It's coming out at a bad time IMO.

This game is coming out at exactly the right time.

There are basically zero releases between the release of GTA and the release of the next gen systems/November games outside of FIFA this week.

This game is coming out at exactly the right time.

There are basically zero releases between the release of GTA and the release of the next gen systems/November games outside of FIFA this week.

Nah. Arkham Origins, Skylanders, Just Dance, TMNT...

All of those games will sell more than Beyond. Well maybe not TMNT, depends on how popular the show has been in Nicktoons.

Some people are massively overestimating the kind of fees voice actors earn, even if they are Hollywood actors. I'd be surprised if their combined fees were more than about 2 or 3 percent of the development budget. While both are fairly well-known, neither are 'A' list, and they probably only did a handful of weeks' work for this production.

ellen only ever made about 5 million per picture give or take. Her total net worth is 14mil and Dafoes is 25 million. For a barely acting i could see them taking less then 3million from the whole budget at maximum.

Carl

ellen only ever made about 5 million per picture give or take. Her total net worth is 14mil and Dafoes is 25 million. For a barely acting i could see them taking less then 3million from the whole budget at maximum.

"Only" 5 million jesus how does she cope? :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't care what you guys say, in my book, Green Goblin and Ariadne are worth hundreds of millions.

Do you have a link to back that up? Because looking at her Wikipedia page, the biggest film she's done is Inception, as well as a smaller part in a couple of X-Men films. Most others are independant or small productions. I stuggle to believe she averaged $5 million per picture.

Cornbread78

She will forever be Juno to me. Nothing more, nothing less. Has she had another major leading role? I didn't see anything in Wiki; either way, not big money, but I'd take her..

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
She will forever be Juno to me. Nothing more, nothing less. Has she had another major leading role? I didn't see anything in Wiki; either way, not big money, but I'd take her..

Inception.. Hard Candy.. SUPER..
X-Men: Kitty Pryde Spinoff upcoming

Sats

Banned
I think what I'm saying ladies and gentleman is that I'm not seeing any marketing. I know it is still early but if it wasn't for E3 and other gaming related conventions I wouldn't even know it existed. For something with a large budget and mainstream appeal (identifiable actors/actresses) I would expect more fanfare around it.

I see a giant Ellen Page staring at me every time I walk past the Gamestop in my mall.

Is Ellen Page hitting a rough patch ? She seems to be struggling doing a bunch of strange projects.

Doesn't seem different to her previous endeavours. She's mostly been in indie features when she isn't in big sci-fi movies. I haven't seen To Rome With Love, but she was fantastic in Super.

satam55

Banned

Doesn't seem different to her previous endeavours. She's mostly been in indie features when she isn't in big sci-fi movies. I haven't seen To Rome With Love, but she was fantastic in Super.

I liked her as the lead in the movie "Whip It"

Top Bottom