• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF2042 is a good game now.

WorldHero

The game may have improved since launch but it's core map and gameplay design are flawed in this entry. I played the earlier Battlefields wayyyyy more than 2042. Unfortunate, because I was so hyped initially. Burned with me the pre-order too - never again...

welshrat

Lol, been playing this for 2 years now and still loving it, I love the QOL upgrades but honestly never had an issue past the first few BF months that always happen with these releases, bought it on PC and PS5. Great game

HTK

Banned
Too late sorry. I’m not going to reward EA for consistent bad launches with the Battlefield franchise.

They can redeem themselves with the next game, ship has sailed on this one long ago despite the improvements they’ve made.

violence

I started playing when it got pretty good with updates. I don't think I've played a bad Battlefield.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The game may have improved since launch but it's core map and gameplay design are flawed in this entry. I played the earlier Battlefields wayyyyy more than 2042. Unfortunate, because I was so hyped initially. Burned with me the pre-order too - never again...
This. I tried it again about a month ago because of all the "it's better now".
The result is as expected: it's not better, it's less shitty.

splattered

Been playing this game off and on since launch... have been playing a LOT more last couple weeks too.

One of the things that irritates the hell out of me is that it is taking SO LONG to level up.

I think i just hit level 51 today? So many weapons gadgets etc still locked i dont get to play with and this game has been out for years now.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I don't know about today since I haven't played it since April but back in February this most definitely wasn't good yet. I doubt that it ever will.

Nice try, EA.

free plane skin in the store

MNPjaA1.png

Someone Beat GIF

Even at its best, it's just more of the same from them for more than a decade now. I've moved on from these kinds of games and no free skin is going to lure me back in.

Has there been any information regarding the next battlefield?

I wonder if it'll end up sticking with the near future tech or whether they'll be going back to older conflicts?

Flutta

Banned

I wonder if it'll end up sticking with the near future tech or whether they'll be going back to older conflicts?
I believe it will be modern-day/future type era like 2042.

Hopefully it’s not a CoD clone with vehicles.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
For that reason BF4 still the best!

Not checked for a while but are the matches still being played, dominated by the Metro map?

Hate it with a passion, it's just a spawnfest stat padder of a map for campers.

So many other brilliant maps that just got left behind because they weren't as useful for boosting stats.

DonF

BF V is my favorite "new" battlefield, I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly was but bf2042 felt bad to me, rigid, lifeless...until I played The finals.

Its SOOO clear that most of the talent that made the old battlefield games left to embark studios, and saving bf2042 is a lost cause.

mitch1971

Best way to work out what the next battlefield will be like, is to see what the latest zeitgeist is among shooters next year and BF will no doubt chase that. Because, clearly, Battlefield has lost it's own identity years ago.

Last edited:

Tarnished

I was in the closed beta, and it was a 2/10, at launch it was a 3/10, but now I'd give it a solid 7/10. For £15 it's well worth the price now.

Yea I played it with my cousin and it was legitimately a lot of fun. Didn’t see any bots either which is just a massive mistake for this series imo.

It's not exactly a good standard , to launch like a turd and then a good game after 2 years.
They lost a customer in me how they launched the game. Never ever im preordering a bf game

Yoda

The entire bf2042 hate comes from a single error and everyone was like “goodnight battlefield!” And goes back to call of duty.
That's not true, it had launched unfinished, even good PCs got arbitrary perf drops, if memory serves they didn't even bother with a proper scoreboard. EA's greed killed the game.

Whatever they're doing with rotating gametype playlists weekly is some serious garbage.

I bought the game over Black Friday for the first time for $12, and after trying every game type and not really enjoying much, I eventually came across Infantry Breakthrough, and oh boy was I having more fun with this than any other game I own including Halo Infinite.
A few days later, it's fucking gone, and I regret buying the game.

Infantry Conquest is the closest thing and it's not the same experience at all.

The classes are fun, the weapons feel great, the sound design is awesome. But I don't like vehicles. They absolutely destroy my sense of fun and ability to go on 10+ kill streaks.

I really like it now but needing to access a website for custom games sucks. The customization that the Battlefield Portal has is amazing but for fuck's sake let me do it in-game.

Top Bottom