• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bicycle age

teepo

i'm usually in the 90%+ percentile when i tackle hills and mountains but i'm almost always in the 50-70% percentile on descents.

fuck you fatties!

cdViking

Did my first tri since May 2015, and after a 2+ year break from tucking in aero, I forgot how challenging those first few rides can be in trying to hold your position. I have a pretty aggressive position, and my poor neck has hated me since race day.

That said, I'm totally excited about TT'ing again. While it's going to take a bit to dial everything in right, there's nothing more exhilarating than blowing by your 30 second/minute man (in TTs) or the uber-fish (in tri).

Holy shit I didn't need this. One day before I fly and I'm rebuilding an XTR Shadow Plus rear mech as it's completely seized. I've looked around and fuck all chance of me picking one up tomorrow... so I either get it working, or I'm going to have to try and get one shipped to Leadville.

Last night tech woes are the worst. Fingers crossed for you!

I've just been putting the Colnago together slowly, so as not to fuck anything up. Just gear cabling & bar tape left and it's all done!

Well, I'm fucked. Had one all the work, was following Shimano's torque numbers and it snapped at the cage.

I have no idea what to do now.

At a pinch you could go to the shop and tell them to just slap an XT or SLX on it.

edit: or you could go singlespeed. XD

edit2: forreals, if all else fails you can prolly rent something.

Speaking of klunkers, Charge is making one! I must have it.

p5pb15006442.jpg

Under normal circumstances I'd throw any old shit on there, but this is too important to me to fail because of potential gear problems.

Laekon

Under normal circumstances I'd throw any old shit on there, but this is too important to me to fail because of potential gear problems.

You are going to Colorado, it's pretty easy to find high end parts there. If you got a rental car hit up Wheat Ridge Cyclery. One of the best shops in the US and it is on the way from the airport to Leadville.

Gray Matter

Got a long ride Sunday and I haven't been on the bike not nearly enough as I should have due to the weather and work.

A little nervous about it.

Got a long ride Sunday and I haven't been on the bike not nearly enough as I should have due to the weather and work.

A little nervous about it.

You'll be fine, just make sure you're eating and drinking. That's honestly 50% of any long day of riding, the other 50% is mental. Go out, have fun and just make some friends on the ride. Finding a good group to ride along with (ask first) is going to make it way easier and more enjoyable.

Aw yiss, I finally built up the Colnago. Lots of parts changes and tweaks will be incoming, but at long last it's ridable!

I do love some down tube shifters

Gray Matter

You'll be fine, just make sure you're eating and drinking. That's honestly 50% of any long day of riding, the other 50% is mental. Go out, have fun and just make some friends on the ride. Finding a good group to ride along with (ask first) is going to make it way easier and more enjoyable

I always get nervous a few days before a long ride, then I proceed to kill it the day of. Still, I would have liked to have some more riding done during the weeks to prepare.

Will report back tomorrow.

I always get nervous a few days before a long ride, then I proceed to kill it the day of. Still, I would have liked to have some more riding done during the weeks to prepare.

Will report back tomorrow.

I have two friends heading up today to camp out before hand. I wish I could have done it this year because my friend really enjoys the ride.

Gray Matter

I have two friends heading up today to camp out before hand. I wish I could have done it this year because my friend really enjoys the ride.

Next year, we'll have a bikegaf mini Meetup!

Also, we got really lucky weather wise. Raining today, Sunday looks like a perfect day for cycling, then Monday rain again.

I do love some down tube shifters

That's a part that won't be changed, they're the one Dura-Ace thing I have. They shift really smooth, and I can't believe how much easier it is to deal with friction shifting in the front (rear is 10 speed indexed). Kind of a learning curve in shift timing though. It's not as fast a process as brifters.

Congrats dude. I think I gave you a kudos when I saw it pop up on BikeGAF Strava. And yeah, you could not have asked for a better day. It's seriously perfect out here in the Northeast.

T8SC

Knew I should've replaced my shoes sooner, managed to rip part of the carbon sole from the rest of the shoe... that was fun, on a rather nice 20-25% incline. Currently being glued together as a temporary measure but I think I need to do some shoe shopping.

Bike back from the shop! Now I have to wait 3 hours to take it on a ride. I haven't ridden my bike in almost a month so it will be nice to get back on the saddle.

broony

Did my first mile after having a prolapsed disc a couple of months back. Have a bit of sciatic pain now, but feels great to be able to ride again, even for only 10 minutes.

Anyone got any experience of working back to fitness after an injury induced layoff?

Did my first mile after having a prolapsed disc a couple of months back. Have a bit of sciatic pain now, but feels great to be able to ride again, even for only 10 minutes.

Anyone got any experience of working back to fitness after an injury induced layoff?

Don't push it, listen to your body. If it's hurting don't keep tacking on the miles.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So, what's Cycling GAF consensus on Fatbikes? Useless outside of snowy terrain and just a fad elsewhere, or legit bikes?

So, what's Cycling GAF consensus on Fatbikes? Useless outside of snowy terrain and just a fad elsewhere, or legit bikes?

I'm probably the only one here who loves having a fatbike. But even I mostly ride it during winter when there is snow. It's fun occasionally in summertime too, but way slower than a regular mtb unless you're in really good shape.

edit: tyres are super important for a fatbike, so much so that a bad set will ruin the experience. I can recommend Jumbo Jims.

-SG

I know I really want one, but when I think about how often I would use it, I become unsure. I think once I move within bike commuting distance to work I will finally get one.

ShapeGSX

I’m signed up for my first Century. The Flattest Century in the East. :) 3 of my friend’s and I are going to try to do it in under 5 hours. 2000 people are signed up for this Century! The longest ride I’ve done so far is 72mi with a lot of hills. I’m going to try to get in an 80mi ride before the Century in September.

Gray Matter

I’m signed up for my first Century. The Flattest Century in the East. :) 3 of my friend’s and I are going to try to do it in under 5 hours. 2000 people are signed up for this Century! The longest ride I’ve done so far is 72mi with a lot of hills. I’m going to try to get in an 80mi ride before the Century in September.

Sounds like fun, when and where? I'm always looking for new events to ride.

mYm|17|

Rode bike home from work which was 7 miles and it felt so good. Just riding and going fast was so fun. Then went on a 10 mile bike ride the next day.

Definitely felt the soreness in the glutes that's for sure

Top Bottom