• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2016 - Post cool deals here

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelatedBookake

I don't think there's going to be any Black Friday Pro deals (at best, you might see someone throw in a game), so you're going to have to decide whether the $150 is worth the improved graphics for you.

Do you care about graphics? If not, the slim is basically half the price of the pro, I'd get the slim myself.

Yeah that settles it. Imma get the Best Buy bundle. Thanks for the advice guys.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I see that Roku deal in the OP. I'm really looking for a Chromecast but if Roku does the same thing I may get it

From the Best Buy ad:

k6S1mxU.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Is the Chromecast better than Roku Stick?

There are a ton of different models of Rokus and Chromecasts, but it seems like the 2016 Roku Stick is the best "budget" streaming device available at the moment.

Also, Chromecasts don't come with a remote - you have to use your phone/tablet to control it - which might be a deal breaker for some.

There are a ton of different models of Rokus and Chromecasts, but it seems like the 2016 Roku Stick is the best "budget" streaming device available at the moment.

Also, Chromecasts don't come with a remote - you have to use your phone/tablet to control it - which might be a deal breaker for some.
Thank you. The lack of a remote seals the deal for a Roku.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Barnes and Noble has 50% off all Criterion collection blu-rays the entire month ($19.99 per film, generally $2-8 below Amazon prices) all November, with additional coupons if you hit minimum spend requirements.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Still hoping for Surface Pro 4 at $500 or less, but Best Buy doing $599 periodically seems like as good as it'll get. There's some Costco deal but it's a bundle and no price listed (only that it has a $250 discount) so probably closer to $1k.

amnesiac

Barnes and Noble has 50% off all Criterion collection blu-rays the entire month ($19.99 per film, generally $2-8 below Amazon prices) all November, with additional coupons if you hit minimum spend requirements.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of those coupons work online since they all exclude Criterion releases. From what I've read, the only way to get the coupons working is to go in store and hope the cashier doesn't care and does an override.

SpecX

Anyone seen any deals on PS Gold Headsets yet? Hoping for a good price with the new design model coming out

Kas

Here's hoping I can find a 3Doodler pen for cheap.

I do want a new controller for my PS4, provided the new ones work on the regular PS4

Jimrpg

Jeez, is there any reason not to wait until Black Friday especially if you don't need things desperately?

$99 3DS, $199 4k TV, $249 Xbox One S with extra controller and 2 games, Dell Inspiron 11" laptop $99...

That'd only set you back $650...

neonglow

Still hoping for Surface Pro 4 at $500 or less, but Best Buy doing $599 periodically seems like as good as it'll get. There's some Costco deal but it's a bundle and no price listed (only that it has a $250 discount) so probably closer to $1k.

Costco deal will be $750 after coupon for the i5 model with keyboard and pen.

Best Buy deal is the m3 model with only a keyboard. $150 more should be worth it for an upgraded processor and pen.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Any deals on epson eco tank printers? my old printer is is almost 10 years old and dying and I am trying to get out of that cartridge game.

Mathieran

Banned
Looks like I should be able to get amount of games that I've been wanting for under 100 bucks. Not bad. I was hoping to see some PSVR games on sale, but not looking good on front.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Can anyone recommend any decent, but not too expensive room-filling speakers? I have an old Home Theater System I use to play music but it's over a decade old at this point and I'd probably be better served with something more modern.

I'd love to be able to yell at Siri from across the room to play music through it at my whim. The speakers don't need to natively support an iphone as I can just pick up a dock.

Edit: Alternatively I could just set up an Apple TV with my home theater system but with the Apple TV losing optical out in its newest iteration it means I'd have to have my TV on to play music since my home theater lacks HDMI.

Looking to get a 32GB iPad WiFi for my son (age 4) during black Friday. My options look like this:

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

Whats everyone's thoughts? Is is best to spend the extra $75 for the Air 2? Is there a bid difference between the Mini 2 and 4?

giga

Looking to get a 32GB iPad WiFi for my son (age 4) during black Friday. My options look like this:

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

Whats everyone's thoughts? Is is best to spend the extra $75 for the Air 2? Is there a bid difference between the Mini 2 and 4?

Big. Additional ram and a much better display. Do not get the mini 2.

neonglow

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

Which retailer has the iPad Mini 4 for $250?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom