• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong Playstation Store Page is up

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Black Myth: Wukong key features

0LhJiYh.jpg

Explore a land of vast wonders​

A world unseen, where new sights rise with every stride. Enter a fascinating realm filled with the wonders and discoveries of ancient Chinese mythology!

v4tuZ1v.jpg

Confront mighty foes, old and new​

Heroic Monkey, might and fame, adversaries rise, to test his name. One of the major highlights of Journey to the West is its diverse cast of adversaries, each with unique strengths.

AajERah.jpg

Temper your mastery of varied spells​

Spells unbound, knowledge's flight, infinite abilities take their height. Spells, transformations, and magic vessels in all manifestations, complementary yet adversarial, have long been iconic combat elements of Chinese mythology.

p8w3foO.jpg

Discover heartfelt tales behind every facade​

Uncover the stories behind a variety of characters. Beneath the ferocity of your foes is an engaging tapestry of their origins, personalities and motivations waiting to be revealed.

Upzup4d.jpg

rsN2bUp.jpg

SQEVoAx.jpg

sTz1LVP.jpg

N5zbOM6.jpg

5KkDw5c.jpg

Pre-orders soon™?

Last edited:

Kupfer

Consoles are struggling with new games.
No, developers are simply no longer capable of developing their games from scratch, so they resort to modular engines, which they do not master in their entirety and merely throw together features in order to be able to bruteforce a usable result with the appropriate hardware.
Just look at what was possible with in-house engines on the PS4/XboxOne when the developer knew what they were doing. TloU Part II and RDR2 looked and look fantastic from a technical point of view and run on a potato.
I blame the Unreal Engine 5 hype and all the journalists who hype every demo unconditionally to suggest that Unreal Engine 5 is a jack of all trades.
The engine is very powerful, but as I said, most studios no longer have any insight into the systems and don't manage to optimize accordingly.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Looks .... underwhelming. Low resolution, many artifacts, aliasing ... next unreal engine on console debacle incoming?
Looks fine to me .
I guess because I don't game on pc ,which is a good thing .

//DEVIL//

Looks .... underwhelming. Low resolution, many artifacts, aliasing ... next unreal engine on console debacle incoming?
agreed. this game will be the showcase of the 5090 series me thinks. because it look like a joke on ps5 if these pics anything to go by. especially coming from the playstation store too.

i mean wtf is this even 720p ? can't see any details from this low resolution

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I blame the Unreal Engine 5 hype and all the journalists who hype every demo unconditionally to suggest that Unreal Engine 5 is a jack of all trades.
The engine is very powerful, but as I said, most studios no longer have any insight into the systems and don't manage to optimize accordingly.
I don't think technical teams at studios/publishers rely on media hype to choose an engine. The biggest determining factor when choosing Unreal Engine over spending time and money on building/upgrading/maintaining an inhouse engine is cost. With development budgets going up, you make savings where you can.

Ribi

"Explore a land of vast wonders"

I'm 95% sure it's a broken off map with a hub. Preview vids have shown that after defeating a boss you can "leave the area"

Kupfer

I don't think technical teams at studios/publishers rely on media hype to choose an engine. The biggest determining factor when choosing Unreal Engine over spending time and money on building/upgrading/maintaining an inhouse engine is cost. With development budgets going up, you make savings where you can.
Sure, but at what price?
We've seen some half-baked and underperforming games in UE5 on consoles by now. I wonder whether there shouldn't be a rethink soon and whether resources could be used more sensibly. This sledgehammer method of taking the supposedly easy route, seeing that the game doesn't perform, then letting the marketing budget go through the roof and then canceling people when sales don't materialize can't be the future.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Sure, but at what price?
We've seen some half-baked and underperforming games in UE5 on consoles by now. I wonder whether there shouldn't be a rethink soon and whether resources could be used more sensibly. This sledgehammer method of taking the supposedly easy route, seeing that the game doesn't perform, then letting the marketing budget go through the roof and then canceling people when sales don't materialize can't be the future.
The most sensible solution is training people up or hiring people who are more experienced to train current staff.

DragonNCM

UE5 engine will be utilized next 10 years, this generation of consoles are simply not powerful enough to showcase it.
I will wait reviews to see if it is worth getting it on PS5 also demo will be a good addition.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It has a lot of potential and the premise hits harder due to the recent passing of Akira Toriyama. But then again so was Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

Do we even know what genre is this? Boss rush or classic action rpg?
Souls-like.
UE5 engine will be utilized next 10 years, this generation of consoles are simply not powerful enough to showcase it.
I will wait reviews to see if it is worth getting it on PS5 also demo will be a good addition.
This and the engine itself needs to mature as well. Who knows which version of UE5 this is made on, at some point in production you don't upgrade to newer versions anymore, because shit tends to break..

Last edited:

Kaachan

Mmm… This is one of those games I’m not sure if it’ll be a success or not. It looked special when it was announced but I feel like that uniqueness is kind of lost

My worry is that it’s gonna run and look a bit dated by now but I hope I’m wrong

Last edited:

Gideon

My most anticipated game this year (so far) loved everything I've seen and heard from people who went to gamescom 🙏

Edit: how do people say this look dated? To me it looks more visually next gen than any other game I've seen beside gta6 & maybe cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Edit: how do people say this look dated? To me it looks more visually next gen than any other game I've seen beside gta6 & maybe cyberpunk.
On a powerful computer - yes
On a PS5 - according to the official pictures from the shop - no

There was a closed door demo session held last year and the reception was hot as fuck. Very few testers were able to beat the tiger boss in the two-hour demo time.

I'm not worried about the game's quality at all but share the same concerns that it would run bad on consoles.

Top Bottom