• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazeBlue: New HD2D Fighter From Arc System Works

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Kintaro said:
I recently put this and KoF XII on pre-order. PS3 version. I shall enjoy hi res fighting fun on the big screen. Oh yes...

I will be getting this but after playing KoF XII, I had to cancel my pre-order :(

g35twinturbo said:
I will be getting this but after playing KoF XII, I had to cancel my pre-order :(
Damn, lots of recent negativity around KOFXII as of late. I'm considering passing it up, at least until a price drop now.

JEKKI

momolicious said:
So.. its just as hard as guilty gear?
well in BlazBlue's defense, it does come with a pseudo tutorial DVD.

once u pass the execution barrier, u will be so proud of yourself and your satisfaction will only help to hook you more on the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anybody got a clue about the Canadian release on this? I know it sounds weird, but after doing some scouring of the internet I'm coming up blank. Amazon.ca doesn't have it listed and the EBGames Canada website is worthless. There's only one site where I'm seeing it...

http://gameaccess.ca/showPreview.do?mode=2&game=5552&lang=en

Honestly never heard of this site so I don't know what to think. Have any Canadians preordered the game? Any info on whether or not Canada is getting the LE?

OokieSpookie said:
I know it has already been discussed but does this have a choice of english/Japanese voices- and if not how import friendly is it?

It's dual-audio for both the JPN and NA version. Probably one of the most import-friendly games ever.

That being said, Japan is only getting the game 5 days before we do...

Dizzy-4U said:
Aren't those FS3 though? Avoid them at all cost. I have two of them and they are rubbish.
The 360 one is a shitty FSEX2 but the PS3 one has a HRAP case and a Sanwa JLF with (soldered) Hori buttons.

Archaon

ZealousD said:
Anybody got a clue about the Canadian release on this? I know it sounds weird, but after doing some scouring of the internet I'm coming up blank. Amazon.ca doesn't have it listed and the EBGames Canada website is worthless. There's only one site where I'm seeing it...
I preordered here:

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=15586

They claim to be getting the LE, but they may just be getting it from the US...not sure if most places will be getting LE or not.

Dizzy-4U

_dementia said:
The 360 one is a shitty FSEX2 but the PS3 one has a HRAP case and a Sanwa JLF with (soldered) Hori buttons.
That's nice then. I just don't want people to suffer like I did when I bought those Soul Calibur sticks :_(

Dizzy-4U said:
That's nice then. I just don't want people to suffer like I did when I bought those Soul Calibur sticks :_(
No kidding. I actually own 3 variations of EX2 sticks. In my defense, For over two and a half years they were all you could get on 360 and they were selling for under $40.

I preordered the BB PS3 stick a while ago from play asia. Can't wait to get it. But it's merely for collection purposes since I have a SFIV TE stick for both systems anyway.

After getting comfortable with SFIV, going back to GG felt a bit easier, so I don't think the execution barrier will be that daunting going into BB.

BotoxAgent said:
After getting comfortable with SFIV, going back to GG felt a bit easier, so I don't think the execution barrier will be that daunting going into BB.
The simplified setup and lax input timing windows probably had the opposite effect on me. I have GGAC+ coming in the mail and I'll see if that's the case.

ZealousD

_dementia said:
Who has dibs on the Official Thread?

I asked about it earlier and nobody spoke up, so I took the liberty and started on one. I'll PM you a link to what I have so far if you wanna check it out.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
momolicious said:
Anyone know if the BB Arcade sticks are coming to the US?

Very very limited amount. Glad I got mine on lock!

Also, I've been playing this game for about a week now. It is amazing, 2D fighter fans will not be dissapointed.

Neither will geeky animu loli lovers.

MarkMan said:
Very very limited amount. Glad I got mine on lock!

Also, I've been playing this game for about a week now. It is amazing, 2D fighter fans will not be dissapointed.

Neither will geeky animu loli lovers.

Console version or arcade? Because its been at arcades for a while now

ZealousD

momolicious said:

I think they're referring to the Hori sticks?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
momolicious said:

Console, and to be honest, the VA is pretty good with this one. Esp' Bang's voice! gahahha so hilarious...

LowParry

I'm still up in the air about this game. I'll probably end up getting it but probably not till later. Gonna give it a renter first.

MarkMan said:
Console, and to be honest, the VA is pretty good with this one. Esp' Bang's voice! gahahha so hilarious...

Can you provide some detailed impressions, mostly i am worried about Balance.

Kabuki Waq said:
Can you provide some detailed impressions, mostly i am worried about Balance.
Arakune and Rachel are very much top tier

unless they rebalanced the console port... which they said they weren't

ZealousD

_dementia said:
Arakune and Rachel are very much top tier

unless they rebalanced the console port... which they said they weren't

I think the only thing they added gameplay-wise was Astral Heats for every character. Arcade version only had them for Ragna, Rachel, and V-13-

Its funny how most of the most interesting looking characters (well IMO) are always the top tier in fighting games. I wonder if it is on purpose by design.

Is Astral Heat the one hit kills like in guilty gear?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
Damn, lots of recent negativity around KOFXII as of late. I'm considering passing it up, at least until a price drop now.

I think he meant he's getting KOFXII, and picking up BB later.

Also, no offense to anyone here, but it's best to get FG reviews and opinions from people at your skill level. Scrubs won't get a lot of benefit from knowing what Justin Wong thinks about a game, and a tourney-level player won't be helped by Joe Casual's review. This is one reason the FGC tends to hate reviews of their games- most game reviewers aren't serious FG players (Some are though- Andy Park for SNK stuff, Heidi Kemps is for VF stuff, Haunts for SF stuff, etc)

Honestly, I've heard a lot more positive then negative from KOFXII, among oldschool FG players.

I think it comes down to what sort of pacing you like. (And that's my diplomatic, don't get banned from GAF answer)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yeah, balance is the same. Based on the last Arcadia tier listing the characters ranked as such:

1 V-13
2 Rachel
3 Arakune

Based off the translated document from our Oichi. Please note this chart is a matchup/character chart that shows prospective matchups between all the characters.

And yes it is a bit wonky as some matchups don't line up (Noel vs V-13 for example) lol.

Personally, based on what I've seen. I think the top chars are:

Arakune
V-13
Rachel
Carl

But the most fun to watch is Bang Shishigami! The way Dora plays him is insane!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I actually feel opposite on KOF XII and BlazBlue.

I think BlazBlue is hot. I think KOF XII is ridiculously lulz.

I don't know I just have more fun playing BB.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
I actually feel opposite on KOF XII and BlazBlue.

I think BlazBlue is hot. I think KOF XII is ridiculously lulz.

I don't know I just have more fun playing BB.

I can agree to you on this.

MarkMan said:
Based off the translated document from our Oichi. Please note this chart is a matchup/character chart that shows prospective matchups between all the characters.

And yes it is a bit wonky as some matchups don't line up (Noel vs V-13 for example) lol.

Personally, based on what I've seen. I think the top chars are:

Arakune
V-13
Rachel
Carl

But the most fun to watch is Bang Shishigami! The way Dora plays him is insane!

I like how Carl has moved up the tiers. I remember when the game first came out everyone felt he was dead last, haha. And I'm with you with Dora, though I'm a little sad that DIO's been losing to him consistently these past few weeks.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
dragonflys545 said:
Why can't we just have fun playing both :'(

Because when two fighting games are released this close to each other- there's bound to be comparison- especially since SNK and Arc games both have divisive, fanatical, often opposing fanbases.

JEKKI

what's funny about the tiers in BB is that the 3 top characters all have one thing in common, they can zone the fukk out of you.

With Ara, Rachel, and nu-13 they can jus sit back and combo you from like full screen. I use Litchi, and whenever I have to fight one of them I'm scared to walk forward, scared to jump, scared to do anything except block becoz I always have to look forward to getting hit just like that.

bottom ground I would put Hakuman, Tager, and Bang... all characters that need to be up close to get their damage in and have a hard time getting in there.

everyone else is in the middle... all characters that also do all their damage up front but have better means to get in. Litchi, Jin, Ragna, Noel, Taokaka, and Carl.

This is all my personal speculations and experience tho so take my opinion very roughly

QCF Punch

Neo Member
I was and still am pretty hype for KoF XII and plan to buy it, but reading this thread you guys are getting me hype for BB. I suppose that's just yet another side effect of gaf.

I am a Capcom FG player but my local arcade has BlazBlue and I really enjoy it. Hopefully I'll be able to learn it well enough this summer to play competitively. I'd love to main Noel as well as learn a little Bang and Litchi just because i think they are cool character designs (screw tiers). Can anyone give me any insight as to how these characters handle?

SRK is posting about how the Xbox 360 version is no longer going to be region free. Is this True? Can any Aksys employees confirm?

Poor Europe if true. At least the PS3 version is region free by default.

_dementia said:
SRK is posting about how the Xbox 360 version is no longer going to be region free. Is this True? Can any Aksys employees confirm?

Poor Europe if true. At least the PS3 version is region free by default.
It was from an email sent out by Aksys. Look 2 pages back on the thread (335 if the thread is moving too fast).

Nemesis_

sonicspear64 said:
It was from an email sent out by Aksys. Look 2 pages back on the thread (335 if the thread is moving too fast).
I looked at post 335 and the last two pages and I can't see anything. Is this definitely confirmed? =(

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
dragonflys545 said:
Why can't we just have fun playing both :'(

arstal said:
Because when two fighting games are released this close to each other- there's bound to be comparison- especially since SNK and Arc games both have divisive, fanatical, often opposing fanbases.

Top Bottom