• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard quietly adds Warcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo to Battle Net

Draugoth

Gold Member
Blizzard is rereleasing Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, and the original Diablo through Battle.net. The classic 90's games are available now on Blizzard's launcher.

The three titles are among the first games Blizzard ever released, with 1994's Warcraft: Orcs & Humans the first Warcraft game the company developed, and a groundbreaking title in the real-time strategy games of the time. Both Warcraft titles were pioneers of multiplayer modes in RTS games, and the Battle.net rereleases still allow you to go head-to-head with friends.

near

Gold Member
Was there any particular reason why they were only available through GOG for a period of time?

Quietly? They threw it out on social media where they no doubt have millions of followers. Still, good to see that they are making their older titles available.

Krathoon

Can anyone get the Blizzard Arcade Collection to work? It crashes for me at startup.

Edit: I found the problem. They give the game client out for free, but you can't run it without a license.

So, you have to buy the game for it to work. It seems like you get it for free, but you don't.

Wow. Screw you, Blizzard.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
How about un-fucking WarCraft 3 and letting people get the original version back and restoring the original infrastructure for custom games/maps/modes.

TransTrender

Gold Member
What happened to Warcraft 3?
Completely deleted and replaced with the broke ass Reforged, as well as deleting and not supporting all of user made mod content made in original WC3, and removing the legacy infrastructure while forcing you to play the broke and de-featured Reforged.

Krathoon

There are copies of the orignal Warcraft 3 just before the Reforged update floating around on the internet.

Just don't let it connect to Battle.net or it will update it to Reforged.

They are totally legit. You still need to enter your keys for them to work.

The version just before Reforged was Warcraft III 1.31.1.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

I know they failed miserably with the 3 remaster after they did a good job with the StarCraft remaster but Warcraft 1 and 2 seriously need modern updates to the gameplay. Yes fans are doing it now but I’d still want an official version of them someday.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
They should be adding them all to Gamepass, let you play them in the cloud. Should be awesome. If I could play some 2 v 2 WC2 or WC3 in the cloud against some gaffers I would. You put Starfield on there and then diablo 2 you probably have the single greatest run of any PC Game company ever.

Puscifer

My favorite feature of Warcraft 2 was the game letting you play CD audio as if it was mixed in game. I'll never forget my brother leaving DMX in the PC and launching it only to hear this when I did a quick skirmish.

Anywho, phase this launcher out and let me transfer my shit to steam because I want nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Bry0

Cool. I would really love to see the whole Diablo franchise hit steam though. Think I might wait it out to see if that happens.

Krathoon

Yeah. I finally caved in and bought the Diablo 2 remaster.

They just would not drop the price.

They did a great job with it.

Top Bottom