• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: TV commercial debuts, customisation features detailed

XDFAmB0.gif

I'm gonna get my ass handed trying to do this during boss battles just too look like badass.

Now that I think about, I'm so grateful to have the share play feature, now I can finally record my moments of glory and massive failures XD

I don't really think you can blame youtube compression for aliasing.

Youtube compression definitely doesn't create aliasing. It's the game. I hope it won't be too distracting.

30 fps (not even locked from what I've read) but aliasing is still clearly visible. From should finally hire some competent programmers.

Well that full one is much better than the actual commercial cut that's been airing for a couple of weeks. Still hate the 30 second spot cut.

And I'm going to buy a Gold Headset today!

Valnen

Youtube compression definitely doesn't create aliasing. It's the game. I hope it won't be too distracting.

30 fps (not even locked from what I've read) but aliasing is still clearly visible. From should finally hire some competent programmers.

If there is this much aliasing in the final game, I will certainly be extremely disappointed. It looks really bad in some scenes. You'd think Sony would help them out with this. The PS4 is surely capable of better?

autoduelist

I think back to the days when I pre-ordered Demon's Souls and went on to platinum it... and now its DNA in Bloodborne has created a system selling property.

I couldn't ask for more. So incredible. Even though we may have lost the Demon's Souls franchise, the path we ended up taking (Dark Souls) worked out perfectly in so much that the franchise DNA is now front and center, getting the full attention of a AAA title and all that comes with that (funding, etc). Demon's Souls could have never been localized, or perhaps simply been a niche title forgotten by most... and instead we have television commercials for Bloodborne. So happy.

If there is this much aliasing in the final game, I will certainly be extremely disappointed. It looks really bad in some scenes. You'd think Sony would help them out with this. The PS4 is surely capable of better?

We have PS4 games that are graphically more demanding. PS4 is clearly capable of better. It's just From's third class coders who can't optimize apparently.
Didn't even Demon's Souls have better AA?

Primeau31

AA looks suitable enough for my tastes, unfortunate some ppl can't enjoy games BC of things like that. seems silly to me.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Much better than the original TV spot. The music was cut so poorly in that one.

Also,
Some runes may allow you to carry more items in your inventory

There seems to be an inventory limit/item burden again?

Valnen

AA looks suitable enough for my tastes, unfortunate some ppl can't enjoy games BC of things like that. seems silly to me.

I'll no doubt enjoy the game, but the screenshots they've released feel deceptive to me. The actual game does not look that clean in most video clips we've seen. Plus the amount of aliasing is super distracting in some videos we've seen. It really detracts from the environments a lot.

I'll no doubt enjoy the game, but the screenshots they've released feel deceptive to me. The actual game does not look that clean in most video clips we've seen.

If you zoomed in and took a still shot in sure it would look very close to the screens.

Motion is where aliasing becomes apparent. Not still screens

Vire

I'll no doubt enjoy the game, but the screenshots they've released feel deceptive to me. The actual game does not look that clean in most video clips we've seen. Plus the amount of aliasing is super distracting in some videos we've seen. It really detracts from the environments a lot.
Game dev releases screenshots with down sampling and improved AA. News at 11.

If you've watched any videos of this game you would know not to expect that. For what it's worth, they have improved the AA since Alpha.

HORRORSHØW

I'll no doubt enjoy the game, but the screenshots they've released feel deceptive to me. The actual game does not look that clean in most video clips we've seen.

the game looks pretty good in the videos i've seen aside from ign's first. besides, we have people who're playing the game commenting on how great the game looks (and plays). no doubt there's going to be some shimmering. and i agree that it's annoying, but all indications point to the retail game having cleaned it up considerably.

orochi91

We have PS4 games that are graphically more demanding. PS4 is clearly capable of better. It's just From's third class coders who can't optimize apparently.
Didn't even Demon's Souls have better AA?

These are my exact sentiments right now.

Come the fuck on FromSoft, you've had the benefit of a delay and only one platform to focus on.

I thought Sony's Studio Japan was supposed to be helping them out?

Valnen

Game dev releases screenshots with down sampling and improved AA. News at 11.
Not really sure why people are okay with that. It's deceptive marketing.
If you've watched any videos of this game you would know not to expect that. For what it's worth, they have improved the AA since Alpha.
By how much, though? It looks super awful in one of the old builds that IGN played in their 18 minute demo.

orochi91

Same, artistic vision can only go so far.

Technical deficiencies are compromising that vision :/

The song is really good though, they put effort into that trailer.

Playing most of my games on PC (where I usually go with a much cleaner IQ) really spoiled me. It's sometimes really hard to go to console games who have some bad aliasing. I developed an eye for this stuff and became very picky about aliasing and framerate. At least the latter doesn't seem to be worrisome.

Top Bottom