• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained picks up publisher - 505 Games

rhandino

Banned
Someone needs to gif that IGA whip bit in the video. Belmont clan to the max!

sbIGfsR.gif

meppi

Are 505 still publishing in Europe as well as I can't find anything about the Abzu physical release anywhere. only the US release comes up for some reason.
Is this US only?

dab0ne

Ok I bought a physical version on the vita but I'm a little behind on the news. Were those versions cancelled?

TheMoon

Are 505 still publishing in Europe as well as I can't find anything about the Abzu physical release anywhere. only the US release comes up for some reason.
Is this US only?

They just published Terraria a few months ago.

Sesha

Isn't that just for Dracula being the main villain? I wouldn't be surprised to see a wolfman boss for example.

Most likely just Dracula. Buer is in, and he's been a Igavania regular. Although Iga seems less fond of the Universal movie monsters than figures from myth, folklore and Western demonology.

Just saw this. Could have sworn that Deep Silver was announced as the original publisher but it seems it was never formally announced? I wonder what happened behind the scenes, and I wonder what this means for the funding of the game.
It was never officially announced. From the very start Iga said he had someone backing his project and many assumed it was DS because of a supposed trademark that was leaked but that was all we know. It's pure speculation but I think Mighty No 9 might've had something to do with this (if DS publishing Bloodstained had any truth).

Now it's 505 and I hope they'll give them the backing help they were supposed to get or more with their previous deal.

Ok I bought a physical version on the vita but I'm a little behind on the news. Were those versions cancelled?
No announcement has been made at all but I'd be worried about the WiiU and Vita versions. 2018 is too far away for those consoles and they don't even support UE4 so they won't look the same.

While I think an outright cancellation is improbable it could still happen. I'd be more worried about a lesser experience or getting the game months after the PS4/XB1/PC versions.

You still have until 2018 to change your console of choice on Bloodstained/Fangamer's slacker backer page where you can log in and change stuff like your address, platform of choice, and even up your pledge. After this delay to 2018 I would greatly consider changing my platform.

No announcement has been made at all but I'd be worried about the WiiU and Vita versions. 2018 is too far away for those consoles and they don't even support UE4 so they won't look the same.

While I think an outright cancellation is improbable it could still happen. I'd be more worried about a lesser experience or getting the game months after the PS4/XB1/PC versions.

You still have until 2018 to change your console of choice on Bloodstained/Fangamer's slacker backer page where you can log in and change stuff like your address, platform of choice, and even up your pledge. After this delay to 2018 I would greatly consider changing my platform.

As was stated during the campaign, the intent was for Armature Studio to actually port enough of UE4 to the Vita and Wii U to run the game.

As was stated during the campaign, the intent was for Armature Studio to actually port enough of UE4 to the Vita and Wii U to run the game.

Vita and Wii U have official UE3 support from Epic, and yet the engine still struggles on both. How good a result do people really expect from a studio attempting to port a more advanced engine over with no support from the original developer?

If neither version is cancelled, you'll most likely end up with two late (I'd guess at least 4-6 months after the PS4/XB1/PC versions), ugly ports that frequently drop below 30fps. They really should have thought it through more before adding them as a stretch goal.

Of course. But do you really think the game will look or run just as good as the PS4/XB1/PC versions? I have confidence in Armature doing a good job and putting out perfectly playable versions on Vita and WiiU but they're not wizards. They can only do as good a job as the underpowered consoles (in comparison) let them.

Like I said, you'll still get plenty of time to think about your final platform of choice between now and 2018.
Vita and Wii U have official UE3 support from Epic, and yet the engine still struggles on both. How good a result do people really expect from a studio attempting to port a more advanced engine over with no support from the original developer?

If neither version is cancelled, you'll most likely end up with two late (I'd guess at least 4-6 months after the PS4/XB1/PC versions), ugly ports that frequently drop below 30fps. They really should have thought it through more before adding them as a stretch goal.

This too.

I would doubt anyone who backed for WiiU/Vita would expect a comparable experience to the PS4/XB1/PC releases.

I would doubt anyone who backed for WiiU/Vita would expect a comparable experience to the PS4/XB1/PC releases.
Do you even videogames?

I'm sure some do have their feet on the ground but you're delusional if you don't think there will be a meltdown when the Vita/WiiU versions are noticeable inferior and/or delayed months after the PS4/XB1/PC versions.

TheMoon

Do you even videogames?

I'm sure some do have their feet on the ground but you're delusional if you don't think there will be a meltdown when the Vita/WiiU versions are noticeable inferior and/or delayed months after the PS4/XB1/PC versions.

Rule of video games: if there can be meltdowns, there will be meltdowns.

Do you even videogames?

There's meltdowns about almost everything these days, so I don't really know what to say to that. Sure? But that doesn't change what I said lol.

Durante

It was a rather obviously bad idea.

Which some of us pointed out. (Yeah I won't let it rest :p)

Astral Dog

Isn't that just for Dracula being the main villain? I wouldn't be surprised to see a wolfman boss for example.

Of course just Dracula, but jremoving Dracula and the Belmonts is a big change as they are a the biggest part of what made Castlevania.
Do you even videogames?

nobody with common sense would cause a meltdown over a handheld Vita and a much more underpowered system getting worse versions, what sounded interesting is how Armature would have handled the ports at all. they could have been at least decent

Now it just appears they migh move to NX

Not surprised at all considering how Deep Silver screwed the pooch with Mighty No. 9.

505 Games are working with Lab Zero to publish Indivisible as well. Maybe Bloodstained switched to 505 Games because of issues Into Creates had with them for Mighty No. 9?

CEO of Inti Creates made it public on Twitter that he was really pissed with Deep Silver over their marketing of Mighty No. 9.

meerak

Man, Igarashi is so dope.

He can *feel* the hallway is too long with or without enemies.

Now that's game design!

Metzhara

I will say this: The 505 Games of today is not quite the 505 Games of yesteryear. The X360 Kinect title Blackwater (which wasn't terrible, but it was one of their better titles at the time) was published by 505. They also published MMA Supremacy. They've taken a new path it seems and many of their latest published games are pretty good titles and they seem to have found their place.
Ranging from ABZU to Virginia, Adr1ft to Payday 2, they've got a lot of new game themselves.
I'm eager to see where they end up. Definitely not the company I would have expected them to be a few years ago. Taking on Bloodstained could just be the proper shot both need.

TheMoon

Man, Igarashi is so dope.

He can *feel* the hallway is too long with or without enemies.

Now that's game design!

I hope(?) I'm not missing sarcasm and I don't wanna take anything away from Iga but if you walk down a straight, flat corridor with nothing in it you're gonna say "this is pretty long" quickly, too. :)

Top Bottom