• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: House May Be Forced to Vote on AHCA Again

studyguy

Still confused on how the CBO works with scoring a bill that potentially allows states to opt out of important provisions in healthcare. That seems like a crapshoot. At that point you go well... if X number of states opts out, here is what happens. Or maybe these opt out but not these? Maybe none do?

What's the best and worst case scenario and even then who is to say which what is the most accurate barometer?

If this scenario happens, we will watch as the house not having enough votes and it'll basically fall in flames.

With this whole Russia/Flynn Investigation there's no way they'll be able to get the Senate to vote and pass it within 2 weeks.

I'm honestly going to be embarrassed if these idiots are the ones responsible for killing me via no health care access

2017 GOP: Too evil to not try to fuck people over, too stupid to not fuck it up constantly

but they were so happy

GOP-AHCA-celebration-1.png

Can someone explain this budget reconciliation thing, because I don't get it. Is there not a time limit to this thing? When are we going to be at a point when the GOP can't pass something in the Senate with a simple majority vote? I have never heard of this before and it seems like a crazily exploitable thing.

but they were so happy

https://i2.wp.com/www.peacock-panache.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/GOP-AHCA-celebration-1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

That whole thing was just embarrassing for them. They had literally Step 1 of 3 done and they were acting like they had cured cancer. Parties, public speeches, beer, Eye of the Tiger playing on loop, the whole nine yards.

This is an administration at its most desperate, claiming victory as loudly as possible when 1) they had yet to win anything and 2) their entire administration so far has been a dumpster fire of failed legislation and executive orders that have been ruled unconstitutional. This was a pathetic attempt at good PR but only highlighted just how weak they are at governing.

kirblar

That whole thing was just embarrassing for them. They had literally Step 1 of 3 done and they were acting like they had cured cancer. Parties, public speeches, beer, Eye of the Tiger playing on loop, the whole nine yards.

This is an administration at its most desperate, claiming victory as loudly as possible when 1) they had yet to win anything and 2) their entire administration so far has been a dumpster fire of failed legislation and executive orders that have been ruled unconstitutional. This was a pathetic attempt at good PR but only highlighted just how weak they are at governing.
That's because the entire thing was literally done to appease Trump and make him think he had accomplished something.

IrishNinja

yesssssss, this is fantastic news - let my FL reps get another chance to either do right or further bury their reelection chances. get the CBO score out there & see who else is all about that fapping-to-people-losing-public-healthcare life like ryan

but they were so happy

GOP-AHCA-celebration-1.png

exactly this - but that's why the big show, it was literally the first thing they'd done that hadn't (yet) failed them

Vimes

"Unaware," said Representative Jeff Denham of California, with noticeable surprise Thursday, when advised that his party leaders still hadn’t sent the bill over to the Senate. Denham was one of the House Republicans who ended up voting for the measure, after earlier in the week opposing it.

They just never sent it to the Senate? I thought there was a senate team working on this thing? How does our government even work?

Their celebration was even more mind-blowingly premature than it already looked! This beggars belief.

Zubz

Banned
Any hopes of this same thing being done to the Net Neutrality vote this morning? The more GOP fuckery we can turn back, the better!

Parshias7

This photo is really surreal. I count 36 middle-aged white men and one white woman. You'd be hard pressed to find a picture with a least diverse group of politicians anywhere in the world.

Yeah it is pretty uncommon, usually Republicans make sure to find a random black guy to stick in front of the camera to make it look like they're diverse.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Republicans had rushed to vote on the health bill so the Senate could get a quick start on it, even before the CBO had finished analyzing a series of last-minute changes. The CBO is expected to release an updated estimate next week.

"Unaware," said Representative Jeff Denham of California, with noticeable surprise Thursday, when advised that his party leaders still hadn't sent the bill over to the Senate. Denham was one of the House Republicans who ended up voting for the measure, after earlier in the week opposing it.

"I am on the whip team and we have a lot of conversations, but we have not had that one. So I am going to look into it," said Denham, a member of the party's vote-counting team.

One senior GOP aide downplayed any concern over the potential trouble from the CBO report, depicting it as hypothetical, and saying that leaders will cross that bridge if they need to.

According to several aides and other procedural experts, if Republicans send the bill to the Senate now and the CBO later concludes it doesn't save at least $2 billion, it would doom the bill and Republicans would have to start their repeal effort all over with a new budget resolution. Congressional rules would likely prevent Republicans from fixing the bill after it's in the Senate, the aides said.

If Republican leaders hold onto the bill until the CBO report is released, then Ryan and his team could still redo it if necessary. That would require at least one more House vote of some sort.

LOL

This photo is really surreal. I count 36 middle-aged white men and one white woman. You'd be hard pressed to find a picture with a least diverse group of politicians anywhere in the world.

Nah, they only fronted with that before Putin mini came into office. That was always to be temporary. These are their true colors: white old man.

The only shame is that when this fails, the fact that so many fuckers voted "yes" on it is likely to get swept under the rug in the public consciousness.

These assholes scribbled the names of millions of Americans into their proverbial Congressional Death Note, they deserve to be hated, reviled, and cursed to their demise until their final days, even if their effort fails through sheer incompetence.

The only shame is that when this fails, the fact that so many fuckers voted "yes" on it is likely to get swept under the rug in the public consciousness.

These assholes scribbled the names of millions of Americans into their proverbial Congressional Death Note, they deserve to be hated, reviled, and cursed to their demise until their final days, even if their effort fails through sheer incompetence.
Nah, we can still pin it on them.

Clinton's healthcare plan in 1994 never even got a vote and the Democrats still suffered dearly for it.

Boke1879

i HOPE this happens. Let that CBO score come out and the attention is on the AHCA again. Let it fail.

You have a President with no capital that's currently involved in so much scandal he can't even rally public support behind this.

Boke1879

I wonder what the GOP will do when they can't pass any legislation. Trump isn't doing anything to make alliances and coalitions with either Dems or the GOP. He just says shit and hopes they pass something.

I wonder if they'll start to distance themselves from him if they can't this this or Tax Reform passed.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Fingers crossed. Whatever stops these assholes in their tracks is fine by me.

That group pic is disgusting. They all deserve to be punched

Can someone explain this budget reconciliation thing, because I don't get it. Is there not a time limit to this thing? When are we going to be at a point when the GOP can't pass something in the Senate with a simple majority vote? I have never heard of this before and it seems like a crazily exploitable thing.

Hate to quote myself on the same page and all, but does anyone know?

Top Bottom