• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Nintendo to announce 18.7 Billion Yen loss for the fiscal year

Iwata will announce a second straight annual loss tomorrow, losing 18.7 billion yen in the 12 months ended March 31, according to the average of 15 estimates compiled by Bloomberg. For the year started April 1, Nintendo may post operating income of 70 billion-yen, according to the average of 19 estimates -- short of a target he said was a personal “commitment.”

Also:
Also from the article:

"While Nintendo struggles with its main business, a weakening of the yen may give some relief, as it boosts the value of overseas earnings. The Japanese currency has depreciated about 13 percent against the U.S. dollar this year and touched a four-year low of 99.95 on April 11.
That may enable the company to post net income of 14 billion yen tomorrow, the company said in January."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...ofit-target-as-wii-u-founders.html?cmpid=yhoo

The 100 billion yen operating income goal is for the fiscal year that just started.

Discuss

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Not to downplay the shitty financial performance Nintendo is probably about to announce, but "according to the average of 15 estimates compiled by Bloomberg" is key here.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I don't think its that bad, considering how shit the Wii U is doing.

JDSN

Banned
$200,000,00?

Damn son, totally deserved it too. You would think they'd used the last two years of not releasing shit on the Wii to prepare for HD development, but nope.

This investor conference will need to be substantial. No wait for e3 bullshit. We all did that last year and got fucked in the ass hard. What the fuck is coming out and when?

tumblr_lheubcncwE1qzpbds_zpsc1f52f18.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Context needed. How much did they lose in Q4?

Edit for perspective: They lost $460 million in fiscal year 2011.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just to clarify, the earnings release will be distributed on 2013年4月24日(水)(Wednesday, JST). So Tuesday North American time.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
About 18 million dollars, or roughly 5-10% of what Disney lost on John Carter.

lol

wups lol i read 1.8 billion so roughly exactly what disney lost on john carter

lol ;_;

tkscz

edit: how much is that in $?

Doesn't seem that bad. Not resignation worthy, surely?

Yeah it would be. Even though they still brought in 70 billion yen ($704.1 million), they still lost and sadly, a promise is a promise.

Clov

$188 million loss? That's... painful.

Iwata better get his act together soon. Regardless of the Wii and DS, if he's making the company lose THIS much money, his head will be on the chopping block if he doesn't start bringing in profits.

That's just what I think though, I know nothing about business.

antonz

This is an estimate from analysts. I would wait for the real deal and considering how stacked the latter half of the year is Nintendo can make some major dollars.

Rösti;54976671 said:
Just to clarify, the earnings release will be distributed on 2013年4月24日(水)(Wednesday, JST). So Tuesday North American time.
No specific time? When is the meeting though when they talk about future product and changes? Is it the same day?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think it's actually not as bad as their results last year. I think they lost ~$500MM last year?

Interested to see their revenue.

Top Bottom