• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boeing 747 retirement flight for United sells out in less than 2 hours

matt360

I've got no problems with 777s, especially from ANA. Just flew from Chicago to Tokyo (seems to be a popular route in this thread) and had the whole row to myself! Another time, on the same route, I got bumped to business, which was amazing.

Shame I never got a chance to fly a 747. I've usually just flown 777s or a380s / 350s.

I've got no problems with 777s, especially from ANA. Just flew from Chicago to Tokyo (seems to be a popular route in this thread) and had the whole row to myself! Another time, on the same route, I got bumped to business, which was amazing.

My recent trip to Tokyo was on a 777 and it was pretty solid. I liked it.

sfedai0

Banned
Eh, it was long overdue for retirement. Last time I flew it on Emirates, the seats were rock hard and fabric was old as shit. Not sure why some people are hating on the 777's. Its what most airlines are using for international and depending on the layout, it can be ok to packed like sardines. The best is the 787. Roomier and better air.

Unfortunately Concorde was just not commercially viable, even before the Paris disaster.

Still, if you ever saw it take off, you experienced something pretty special. The thing had fucking afterburners.

737s are not designed for long haul flights..
Well with the 737 MAX and A321Neo/LR transatlantic flight will become like intra Europe/ intra us flight.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I love the aesthetics of the MD-11, but the biggest problems with it were the fact that that third engine on the tail was something like three stories off the ground and a total bitch to get to for maintenance. Also, the thing was apparently a bitch to land. I remember a FedEx MD-11 buying the big one on a Narita runway and utterly screwing everyone going out of Tokyo for the next few days.

Top Bottom