• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun to step down after scandal

Draugoth

Gold Member
107363891-1706115077724-gettyimages-1957742243-_m011667_109k0sau.jpeg

• Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun will step down at the end of 2024 in part of a broad management shakeup.
  • Chairman of the board Larry Kellner won’t stand for reelection this year, and Stan Deal, CEO of the commercial airplane unit, is out, effective immediately.
  • Boeing executives have faced increasing scrutiny from regulators and customers over quality control problems.

CEO Dave Calhoun will step down at the end of 2024 in part of a broad management shake-up for the embattled aerospace giant.

Larry Kellner, chairman of the board, will not stand for reelection at Boeing’s annual meeting in May, Boeing said Monday. He will be succeeded as chair by Steve Mollenkopf, who has been a Boeing director since 2020 and is a former CEO of Qualcomm. Mollenkopf will lead the board in picking a new CEO, Boeing said.

RagnarokIV

At that level it doesn’t matter and he can do whatever he wants.

Not like he’ll be living in a tin house in Bradford. World is fucked.

Woggleman

They need to put the next person in there with the specific purpose of restoring Boeing the company it once was. They also need to open up an investigation into the death of that guy who has found dead. I know some people don't like regulations but basic safety is a standard all companies should follow.

Last edited:
This company has been responsible for hiding it's guilt in murdering people due to it's cost cutting. And no doubt people associated with this company murdered it's own whistle-blower.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Ryanair said they found a spanner just rolling around in a non-passenger section on a delivery acceptance flight from Paine field.

Yet this is okay.

How did it come to this for Boeing? Cost cutting or too much sub-contracting?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I say nationalize Boeing because any CEO who replaces this guy will be making decisions for the shareholders. Constant need for Growth is how we got here and it will never go away.

It will create its own set of problems because at least decisions won’t be made because they put safety over profits.

Mistake

I say nationalize Boeing because any CEO who replaces this guy will be making decisions for the shareholders. Constant need for Growth is how we got here and it will never go away.

It will create its own set of problems because at least decisions won’t be made because they put safety over profits.
They're basically nationalized with the bailouts, but having them more under government thumb will just take any of their issues longer to fix. I have a friend who works at a shipyard, and the logistics are a nightmare

Last edited:
Top Bottom