• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bolt II: Digital Storm's dual-booting Steam Machine, starting from $1899

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Oh I see, you're one of them.
what is that supposed mean?
Also I don't think there are many people like the the one you brought up in your example.

I built my PC, but you could buy a premade one for you from a dozen sites with all kinds of form factors. If you want something simple you get a console that is cheaper.

PC gaming is so much easier than it was before. If was 1998 I would see the point. Shit remember having a sound card, 2d and a 3d card. Having to download glquake and messing with console for hours to get shit to run.

Now you can go to ibuypower power, get a gaming PC, download steam and your set to go. If that's too much trouble you have consoles. I could be wrong if course, but the market is too niche IMO.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The way I see it, it's always going to be " I could build my own for cheaper ", And that's because the PC manufactures need to make a profit because after they had off the machine, they get nothing from it, Valve would need to pay up royalties for everything that user buys through Steam. That would somewhat fix this correct?

Interfectum

what is that supposed mean?
Also I don't think there are many people like the the one you brought up in your example.

I built my PC, but you could buy a premade one for you from a dozen sites with all kinds of form factors. If you want something simple you get a console that is cheaper.

Or you could buy a $499 Steam Machine and have access to 300+ games (and growing) that includes Steamworks, mods, it's own controller, etc. I'm not sure why this is so hard to comprehend.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The way I see it, it's always going to be " I could build my own for cheaper ", And that's because the PC manufactures need to make a profit because after they had off the machine, they get nothing from it, Valve would need to pay up royalties for everything that user buys through Steam. That would somewhat fix this correct?

Correct, building your own PC is always cheaper than buying a branded one with the same specs.

Top Bottom