• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonk's Adventure rated for Wii U Virtual Console

RedToad64

Source (ESRB)
TG-16 games coming to Wii U VC? Konami owns the licenses to most of Hudson Soft's games. This will be interesting.

Update:
Under platforms the following is listed: PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Wii U.
Unless those systems are receiving the NES game then this must be the TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine version.

Tizoc

That game is available on US PSN as well btw, being the PC engine ver. of course.

How was the NES game though?

Nice. It would be nice to get some harder to find TG16 games, but considering the shoddy state of VC on WiiU I won't hold my breath just yet.

edit: Hope it isn't a different version. They had TG16 up and running on Wii VC.

Yes.

Plan to buy all the Bonk games and hopefully be able to upgrade my Wii version of Bomberman '94 to Wii U.

I'm guessing they support 5-player local with the Gamepad.

They've been out in Japan VC for years.

Krejlooc

Banned
I would love to see Amiga ports to a virtual console type service on any platform.

The european VC had C64 games

You can actually get the Amiga version of Bonk's Aventure (PC Kid) for Free* on Factor 5's website. Amiga Emulation is perfectly legal through Amiga Forever.

Personally, I don't care about Bonk at all, I just want this to be a sign that they're finally bringing the PC-Engine to the WiiU VC in the West.

Bringing Amiga to the VC would be a bigger deal, IMO.

Volotaire

The european VC had C64 games

You can actually get the Amiga version of Bonk's Aventure (PC Kid) for Free* on Factor 5's website. Amiga Emulation is perfectly legal through Amiga Forever.

Bringing Amiga to the VC would be a bigger deal, IMO.

Thanks for the info!

Hopefully they have finally listened to my complaints in the club Nintendo surveys.

Every time they asked me if I was satisfied with the VC service, I'd just write "I want Turbo Grafx games"

Vandole

I'd love to have native access to my TG-16 games again. Lords of Thunder on my Wii U pad would be awfully nice too.

getting the amiga version would be preferable to getting the TG-16 version

Really. I had B.C. kid on the Amiga yet preferred the PC Engine version.
I thought the controls felt better on the gamepad rather than my old ZipStick, and...I dunno it just felt more "raw". Amiga games always appeared too clean (If that makes sense).

Krejlooc

Banned
Really. I had B.C. kid on the Amiga yet preferred the PC Engine version.
I thought the controls felt better on the gamepad rather than my old ZipStick

GhWvyAb.png

kAUx5o6.jpg

and...I dunno it just felt more "raw". Amiga games always appeared too clean (If that makes sense).

Doesn't really

A6BmN4L.jpg

aZWIdst.png

Tizoc

Yo Krej, you should totally make a thread detailing what the best ver. of a game/port is for titles released in the 8 and 16 bit era, I'm quite interested in knowing that myself.

steveovig

Bring it on, bitches! I've never played this one, as crazy as this sounds. I've never played the NES game either, I almost hope it's that one since it's so expensive for the cart. Either way, I'll be happy!

Maybe it was because I was using a monitor and the PC Engine was on my tv who knows.
It was a long time ago. Loved both machines though.

dacuk

Yo Krej, you should totally make a thread detailing what the best ver. of a game/port is for titles released in the 8 and 16 bit era, I'm quite interested in knowing that myself.

I'd subscribe to that thread forever.

jholmes

Finally, fuck.

Thanks for finally doing this long after the Deluxe Digital Promotion ended so I can't offset your ridiculous $2 upgrade charge, Konami.

Somebody pointed out that under platforms the following is listed: PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Wii U.
Unless those systems are receiving the NES game then this must be the TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine version.

Indeed!

randomkid

I was happy to buy this game when it was like a dollar on PSN earlier this year.

AIR ZONK OR GTFO

This! Rooting for it to show up somewhere that's not the Wii. Only because of that annoying irregular 600 point price on a system that only lets you add 1000 points at a time.

foltzie1

It would be nice to see Konami playing some sort of ball with Nintendo (and others) for back content, even if future content is unclear. I would love to get my TG-16 games out of Wii purgatory.

I know Nintendo pushed VC off to the source companies, but they really should consider pulling it back in house for companies reticent to do their own VC work.

Top Bottom