• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootleggers. The new GA addiction.

Joe

is there any reason to hang on to them besides having a collection? id rather have the money if they serve no purpose.

Joe

i just got my 4th car. this is getting too addicting i need to call it quits in a few minutes otherwise i'll be up all night.

Matlock

Banned
I've got a fully repaired deusenberg and phaeton in NY...Phaeton's a bit more costly, not sure which one I'll keep and which I'll sell. Maybe I'll keep 'em both, heh.

Matlock

Banned
If anyone that's just starting wants a little extra cash to help do stuff, I'm willing to give out $2,000 cash bundles. Just let me know your in-game name and I'll toss it your way.

Matlock said:
If anyone that's just starting wants a little extra cash to help do stuff, I'm willing to give out $2,000 cash bundles. Just let me know your in-game name and I'll toss it your way.

I can't turn that offer down... username PotatoeMasher

I'll repay anyway I can once I get built up...

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I imagine its good idea to start getting good at a profession for OC's? I noticed the firing range to be a better shooter, but is there any kinda of "training" for the other positions?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Still good ol RevenantKioku. If you don't mid dropping some money to help a gaffer out. :D
I'm poor as shit!

Edit: There's a friend list? I'm not seeing it.

My name is CavemanLawyer if any of you all feel like adding me to your friends list.

Edit: After a real conservative round of Blackjack I made $500. I also pickpocketed $3, and I really suck at robbing.

since nobody asked, here are the booze prices in Illinois

Beer $213
Rum $138
Whisky $1518
Vodka $74
Wine $1742

Also, Matlock. I wouldn't mind a bit of cash to help me out, pickpocketing is a slow proccess. The name is NewbieGA

slayn

does having money really accomplish a whole lot? When do you actually use it for something big like buying a gun?

I mean you need money to cover booze and traveling expense, but since I can only carry 5 units thats not much money and not very hard for me to accumulate.

I have 13k and a car right now and no clue what to do with it.

Just a quick list of things:

As frustrating as it may be, pickpocket, then move your way up. It takes a while, but your crime success rate WILL go up

Stealing a car, but you have to ship it out immediately. Be sure you have enough cash to ship out your car

Traveling is fine, but you have to wat 90 mins before you do it again. Steal some cars, ship them off, then travel

If you're just seeing some jail time, attempting to breka out people early is kinda cool. Your success rate will suck and your time will be increased to 3 minutes, but keep trying and you can spring people out fairly often

If you got put in jail for stealing a car, you can bypass the 4 minute limit as soon as you are free to go and attempt to steam again

slayn

do you get anythign for busting people out of jail or is it just to get good at it to help other gafers out?

If you die, you die. That's it. Game over.

Caveman: When all your percentages are over 20%, you should be able to start car jacking.

slayn

it started letting me attempt to steal cars last night when I was stealing frmo banks at roughly 25-30%

since, I have stolen 1 car out of like 30 attempts and now have like a 15% sucess rate

Tre said:
If you die, you die. That's it. Game over.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only way you can die is if you piss off a really powerful person, and they put you on the hitlist and someone kills you, right?

slayn

what is the worth of a "good" car in this game?

I know nothing of cars and I just got a Chevrolet worth 30,800 and wanna know if that is at least decent or still crappy.

"Correct me if I am wrong, but the only way you can die is if you piss off a really powerful person, and they put you on the hitlist and someone kills you, right?"

Anyone can kill you, whether you're on a hitlist or a not. The higher rank you are, the harder it is to be killed.

"Wow... no way to stay alive?"

Don't piss anyone off and have lots of protection :p.

Chevy's are in the upper half of decent cars. Better cars yield better results in OCs.

slayn

so is it a car worth keeping then? Like should I repair it and not sell it? Or is it not good enough to be worth keeping.

The less noise you make, the better you last. Don't go stealing from people. I wouldn't even arm wrestle. It's going to take some time before you get to where you want to be...boss... Start slow, creep in the shadows, and when you get your stuff together, take over and go guns ablazin'

haha, There's lots of threats like that. You can tell by the amount of money he wanted that he's not shit.

Anyway, Me, MrPing, Wasabi, and Vennt (Freeburn) committed our first Organized Crime today. We spent more money than we got, but it was still a nice experience.

Joe

whats everyones rank and assets?

im a thug, level 5 strength, with $100,00 in cash and like $150,000 in cars.

Yea, some guy sent me a threat saying to send him all my money or he would kill me. Jokes on him though, cause I just about blew all of it on Blackjack. I went from $4000 to $100.

Edit: Scum, Level 2 strength, and $134 in cash.

slayn

thug, lev 2 strength (does it do anything other than arm wrestling?)

18k cash, 40k in cars

BTW, use The messaging system as much as possible. Supposedly it adds toward your rank. So Everyone post their nicks. Also, on irc.dorksnet.org, there's a bootleggers GA channel called #GABL. Join up.

<-- TreDay

Top Bottom