• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boy begs two lifeguards to save drowning woman, told they're "on a break"

Status
Not open for further replies.
horrible story. I heard about it on the news.

People need to be educated about pool sanity. If a pool is murky, IT'S BECAUSE THE WATER IS FUCKING DIRTY AND FULL OF ORGANISMS.

No responsible lifeguard would let anyone get in a pool clearly devoid of cleanliness and chlorine. It's neglectful. And the pool operators ought to be spot-fired. It is *not* difficult to keep a pool clean.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
With pretty much everything already said about the messed-up circumstances my minds wanders to the kids finding the body.

'Hey let's sneak into the pool and do some swiming while it's closed!'
'Yeah totally cool idea let's do it'
'JEZUS WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT AAAARGHHH

I'd fucking invert-dive out of that pool with the speed of a thousand lightning gods if I'd be swimming in water like that and something dead and lumpy bumps into you or whatever. Fuck.

Dai101

Banned
Tideas said:
Jail? Really ppl?

So you guys are arguing that ppl who don't do their jobs correctly shud go to jail. Not that they did their job wrong, bt they didn't do it, and so they shud go to jail.

Should a firefighter, who's refuses to go into a burningv home, go to jail?

Surethey shud be fired...but jail? Glad u guys ain't ruling the country

Tideas
ignorant rich american who cannot figure out how forums work
(Today, 01:40 PM)

dojokun said:
If you are going through great lengths to explain the word "wrong," you're pussyfooting with semantics and backpedaling.
Actually, if you go back and read, you're the only one going to great lengths to explain the word "wrong", and you're the one basing your entire attack against me around semantics.

This is the last post of me entertaining this ridiculousness from you.
dojokun said:
Umm no. I'm pretty straightforward about it. You JUST admitted to going through detail to explain it, and then one post later you claim I'm the only one doing it. *facepalm*
I explained my position in detail, not the meaning of the word "wrong". You should be facepalming. You are also now sidestepping the fact that you accidentally accused yourself of pussyfooting and backpedaling.

dojokun

Banned
LaserBuddha said:
Actually, if you go back and read, you're the only one going to great lengths to explain the word "wrong", and you're the one basing your entire attack against me around semantics.

This is the last post of me entertaining this ridiculousness from you.
Umm no. I'm pretty straightforward about it. You JUST admitted to going through detail to explain it, and then one post later you claim I'm the only one doing it. *facepalm*

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
PortTwo said:
definitely not.

i mean, 2 days. what the hell.

i used to lifeguard summers in high school. every pool i worked at was totally visible down to the floor. that included the dive tank.

plus it used to be only 2 or 3 of us for an olympic sized pool that was very busy. this says 6 guards were ln duty, which means every one of them was fucking the dog.

they will be held criminally liable.

Wait, wait, wait...every one of them was having sex with a domesticated animal?

TheSeks said:
He didn't see her exactly die. Just go under, hence telling the lifeguards that they may need to save someone.

That said, if the person couldn't swim why were they in the pool where they could go under? Better question is: Did they eat before getting in? Cramps + deep water = not good in general.

Too many questions about the death, but the biggest outrage is the murky water + no bodyguard attempting to save the person.

Don't defend this, please, for the sake of my sanity.

Also what kind of messed up pool is there where you can't see the bottom?
Every pool I've been to , even the deep 18 feet deep olympic pools you can see the bottom just as clearly as your hand in front of you.

These lifeguards need to go to jail, and the people responsible for maintaining the pool held accountable.

THRILLH0

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
Any bets on the race of the lifeguards?
Just because they were taking a break doesn't mean they were Mexican.

Seriously what a stupid fucking post. Protip: race doesn't have to come into everything.

Al-ibn Kermit

AShep said:
Just because they were taking a break doesn't mean they were Mexican.

Seriously what a stupid fucking post. Protip: race doesn't have to come into everything.

I think he's suggesting that since this was a black woman that drowned, there may have been a racial bias they had against saving her? I really don't know.

Zoe

TheSeks said:
That said, if the person couldn't swim why were they in the pool where they could go under? Better question is: Did they eat before getting in? Cramps + deep water = not good in general.

Er... that's pretty much a myth. All throughout high school I had swim team practice immediately after lunch. No cramps.

She was probably knocked unconscious somehow.

soultron

Banned
Trojita said:
The original story I believe said that her and the boy collided in a slide and she never came up after her and the boy hit the water.
And this right here is part of the problem. Good lifeguards would've told her to stay away from the bottom of the slide, or would've held the boy back until she was clear of the bottom.

Need more details.

diehard

Fleer
scruffy.jpg

I didn't know scruffy started working as a lifeguard.

e_i

Why did it take 2 days to find her body...in a POOL? I know the article say the water was "murky" but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom