• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washinton woman falls headfirst down public latrine after dropping her phone into it

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
QUILCENE – Firefighters rescued a woman who had tumbled into a Mt. Walker vault toilet while attempting to fish her lost cellphone out from the waste on Tuesday afternoon.

Brinnon Fire Department Chief Tim Manly said the woman, who was at the top of Mt. Walker, had been using her phone and had dropped it down into the vault. After she disassembled the toilet seat, she used dog leashes to try to retrieve the phone and eventually used the leashes to tie herself off as she reached for it, he said. That effort failed and she fell, horrifyingly, into the vault, headfirst.

The woman, who was not identified by authorities, fell into the toilet attempting to retrieve her cellphone that had fallen in. She was at the top of Mount Walker of the Olympic National Forest in Quilcene. A vault toilet, also known as a pit toilet, is housed in permanent structures and does not flush nor do they utilize water.

Upon arrival, they found the woman as described.
The crews made a makeshift cribbing platform by passing them down to the patient.
After making it tall enough for her to stand on, the crew pulled the victim to safety.
The patient states she was uninjured and requested no transport.
The patient was washed down and given a Tyvek suit to wear.
Pt. was strongly encouraged to seek medical attention after being exposed to human waste, but she only wanted to leave.

Dangle me into a shit pit with dog leashes if old.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
MqevHW8.jpg

Seriously, though...the thought of this happening is absolute nightmare fuel.

That poor, poor, terribly smelly woman... :lollipop-medical:

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Darwin tries to do his thing and then humanity just has to get in the way.

Smfh.

Hardensoul

Noted, no phones out when going into those out houses.

Because I think I would try to get my phone too, I currently have too much personal info on my phone since I have this same number for over 20yrs.

I keep hearing about how people will jump out of roller coasters at Disneyland when they lose grip of their phone during the ride.

People will resort to all sorts of shit to retrieve their phones.

lem0n

Imagine if the drop was far enough that she knocked her self out and then suffocated to death on shit.

Hell exists, and it's inside a box on a mountain in WA.

Rest

Is it a toilet or did they just build some walls around a well?
It's a latrine or vault. They dig a big hole in the ground and build an outhouse on top of it. It has vents that go above the ceiling so that it doesn't smell like shit inside.

Rest

Ben Bailey excerpted just the news story:

Top Bottom