• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paznos said:
Still waiting for DirecTV to get AMC in HD damnit.
Man, no kidding. If they don't have it by time Mad Men is back I'm going to kill someone.

Cornballer said:
r1a450.jpg
*Howard Dean scream*

Saty

My expectations are that the show will continue to be the leat intended most funny Drama series. And try to keep the nonsense to a minimum, though i've long given hope for the show to employ sound principles of writing.

I'm super hyped for the new season! I've been re-watching the seasons on bluray, and that's just building my anticipation for season 4!

AiTM

Banned
I refuse to watch this in SD (damn directv!)...looks like ill be buying the HD season pass on itunes.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Can't wait. Had some issue without how s3 ended but as long as they keep the story rolling, I'm on board.

Movement

This is my favorite show on television at the moment, and living in Albuquerque just makes it that much more interesting to watch. Can't wait for the 17th.

Watched the entire series in a month, it was amazing. I can't wait for this.

edit: Wait I just got DirtecTV...it doesn't have AMCHD? NOOOOOOO

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
upJTboogie said:
edit: Wait I just got DirtecTV...it doesn't have AMCHD? NOOOOOOO
Seriously, it fucking sucks. It's such a disservice watching AMC's stuff in SD.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Cool, this will be the first season I get to watch with GAF. It's gunna be a good time.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Can't wait, haven't been watching much TV in the past few months, this is the first show (game of thrones aside) that I'm excited about watching every week.

JeTmAn81

Is there any way of seeing this legally without subscribing to a full cable package? I'd love to watch it but no way am I paying that much.

JeTmAn81 said:
Is there any way of seeing this legally without subscribing to a full cable package? I'd love to watch it but no way am I paying that much.
iTunes, or wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release

AiTM

Banned
Skyler and Ted situation, Walt only wanted to have his family. That's reason enough to hate her.

Amir0x

Banned
AiTM said:
Skyler and Ted situation, Walt only wanted to have his family. That's reason enough to hate her.

hahah @ the people that think Walt is doing this for his family

such an amusing misreading of the show.

SamVimes

blahblah...blah said:
Yo, you be trippin'?

I. can't. fucking. wait.
He does like Lost.

PhoenixDark said:
The Skylar hate reeks of pathetic sexism
...?
I don't like Skylar (mostly because i don't think she's well written and i don't like the actress) but my favourite character in Mad Men is Peggy, try again.

Anyway i'm so ready for this.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Amir0x said:
hahah @ the people that think Walt is doing this for his family

such an amusing misreading of the show.
What the whole cooking thing? Why isn't he doing it for his family?

Episode 4.3 - Open House - Sunday, July 31st - 10pm

Events spiral out of control; Skyler asks for Saul's help; Marie returns to an old past time; a friend asks Frank for help.

Frank?..new character I assume.

Drewsky

Teetris said:
He's doing it because he likes the power. For a long time (at the time the show started) he'd been an underachiever who was walked all over by his family and pretty much everyone in his life. Now he's a meth kingpin who has killed more than one person and finally feels like he has control over some of his life. It all goes back to the scene in Family Meeting where he says he never felt like he had decided anything. A whole essay could be written about the motivations of Walter White.

SamVimes

Drewsky said:
He's doing it because he likes the power. For a long time (at the time the show started) he'd been an underachiever who was walked all over by his family and pretty much everyone in his life. Now he's a meth kingpin who has killed more than one person and finally feels like he has control over some of his life. It all goes back to the scene in Family Meeting where he says he never felt like he had decided anything. A whole essay could be written about the motivations of Walter White.
You could see it in the very first episode too: he busted his ass his whole life and got nothing to show while some ignorant 20 years old had thousands of dollars cash just laying around, i think that striked the first spark even more than the cancer.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Drewsky said:
Yes, I understand that but that doesn't mean he never wanted his family left with money as the other motivation.

Amir0x

Banned
Teetris said:

Vince said:
Walt really has, in our minds, too, turned into something of a monster, throughout this whole 20 episodes we've done so far. The conceit that he's doing this all for his family, has gone by the wayside quite a long time ago.

From the creator of the show.

If Walt was doing this "for his family", he would have given it up the second he realized a.) he was actually putting them in mortal danger (which, with the brother-in-law situation, is confirmed for the character above and beyond all the other obvious confirmations) b.) he would have got out during one of the many chances he has had to walk away after he saw the dangers.

He didn't.

He LIKES the power. He is doing it because it doesn't emasculate him like so many other things he has done in his life. He's doing it because he has pride in the product he makes. Because here he is a master of his path.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Amir0x said:

From the creator of the show.

If Walt was doing this "for his family", he would have given it up the second he realized a.) he was actually putting them in mortal danger (which, with the brother-in-law situation, is confirmed for the character above and beyond all the other obvious confirmations) b.) he would have got out during one of the many chances he has had to walk away after he saw the dangers.

He didn't.

He LIKES the power. He is doing it because it doesn't emasculate him like so many other things he has done in his life. He's doing it because he has pride in the product he makes. Because here he is a master of his path.
Yes, I understand that. He developed, which is natural in good TV shows. But your post was worded as if he never did it for his family all along, which got me confused as that was part of the original premise.

btw, what happened after he showed his family the money. Skylar refused it right?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Really, all you need is the "Stay out of my territory" scene at the end of 'Over' and then the chain of events that lead him back to working for Gus in early S3 to see that he's no longer doing this for his family.

Sure, a man provides - but they are already provided for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom