• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

When he was going to flee at the end of episode 11, he forced Saul to ring the DEA to tip off about the threat to Hank's life. He almost certainly saved his life.
Walt has changed even since then, and if he's able to avoid Hank dying, why not? I don't doubt Walt will avoid it if possible, but compared to Jesse, it would be an easier decision.

The show is about Walt and Jesse's relationship. Their unconditional love for one another but how Walt emotionally abuses Jesse. And at some point, Jesse will snap. It's a great story and much better than any other path they could go down.

CrankyJay

Banned
Can someone explain to me why Gus tipped off Hank about the hit on him? I thought Gus was just being nice but it appears he had some ulterior motive for that. Did he admit this to Tio just to piss him off?

Sentenza

Walt has a huge ego. I remember that scene when Hank was talking about Gale's death and he was ready to think that Heisenburg was finally dead and Walt had to interject his idea that it was someone else which got Hank onto Gus.

Walt's ego is going get him in more trouble.
Well, Walt's ego is a recurring theme in the whole series.
We are talking about a family man who choose to cook meth over an extremely well paid job and full medical expenses included, just cause he was too proud for it.

The same man who refused to recycle all his dirty money in the easiest way, through the son's web site, just cause he didn't want to look like he was accepting charity.

Sentenza

Can someone explain to me why Gus tipped off Hank about the hit on him? I thought Gus was just being nice but it appears he had some ulterior motive for that. Did he admit this to Tio just to piss him off?
They explain it explicitly in the third season: Gus wasn't trying to save Hank's life (in fact he probably couldn't care less), what he wanted was a loud shootout instead of a quite assassination, cause that would press the public opinion (and consequently the police) to act strongly against the Cartel.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yup. I'm holding off until early July. We still have a ways to go.

I actually want to start a new re-watch thread, but I may wait for the 28th of this month to do it. Give everyone adequate time and I can make a proper OP for it as well.

daw840

Been rewatching the first 3 seasons, fucking Netflix, not sure what I am going to do about the 4th. I would like to rewatch it before season 5...

Omzz

FlffM.jpg

Did anyone try this?

I think i'll give it a shot next time he does it lol.

EDIT: I'm reaalllyy late. just saw the post couple pages before. He tweeted he'll be doing one today, so I'm going to give it a shot. I wouldn't even know what to say though

squidyj

the cousins were loose cannon cunts who were going to do serious harm to his business on their mission of vengeance against walt. He needed to protect walt and get rid of them. Unfortunately they were backed by mexican cartel so he couldn't act directly against them because it would lead to his own demise. Instead he devised to use their own single-minded vengeance against them, steering them onto the DEA agent and using Hank to deal with the problem. Not only that but manuevring the cartel agents to attack directly at a Law Enforcement entity that pushes a lot of heat back onto the cartel.

CrankyJay

Banned
FlffM.jpg

Did anyone try this?

I think i'll give it a shot next time he does it lol.

EDIT: I'm reaalllyy late. just saw the post couple pages before. He tweeted he'll be doing one today, so I'm going to give it a shot. I wouldn't even know what to say though
I'd ask him to say BITCH!

Pay phones still exist?

Fry

Wait, I thought season 5 was the last season? Paul's twitter says they will be shooting another season.

Season 5 will have only 8 episodes, so will season 6.
They thought it would be better to split it in two rather than make season 5 have 16 episodes.

JambiBum

Season 5 will have only 8 episodes, so will season 6.
They thought it would be better to split it in two rather than make season 5 have 16 episodes.

I knew that, but I thought they were just splitting S5 into two. Didn't realize that they were calling the second half S6

Persona7

Banned
Anna Gunn is such a great actress. TALK PILLOW

I love that scene where Jesse gets kicked out of his house and his brother asks for the weed back and he just throws it on the ground and stomps it.

Was Don Eladio the only Hispanic in the show that actually had some lines, and actually has a Natural Spanish accent?

all the other hispanics with lines that were translated sounded fake/forced with their accents, why is this?

edit: Im a natural born Cuban whose 1st language is Spanish, it was really easy to hear the difference. Also some of the words choices they used were odd and out of place for natural spanish Dialogue, and seldom times they would translate the words to text which wasn't fully accurate.

I hate noticing all these faults, damn my mother for teaching me spanish, lol

You may hate yourself for noticing them, but we hate you for getting annoyed by them ;)

Ultimately, the actors were not hired on their ability to speak Spanish, given how small a component of the show it has been thus far, and you can't really fault Giancarlo Esposito's performance in any other way, so I think it was a worthwhile tradeoff.

I'll give you that they should have had more accurate / realistic translations of the dialogue, as that's a little less forgivable, but it's still not a huge issue.

kehs

Banned
Subtitles have never been their strong point, they were broken during airings as well.

I noticed the spanish bits not being translated, as well as wrong names being put on screen.

If by fine you mean, not showing up during conversations in other languages. Sure.

They showed up when I watched them on TV. Look, when you watch Salud on Blu Ray, you turn on the second set of subtitles and they play through the entire episode for english dialogue and then, when you get to the party, it's suddenly translating the Spanish. It's broken, documentedly, and there's even a dumb fix for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom