• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brietbart Texas CONFIRMS Islamic SHARIAH LAW Tribunal EXISTS in TEXAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015...nfirmed-in-texas-its-voluntary-says-attorney/
Islamic-Tribunal-Dallas-e1422454658133.jpg

An Islamic Tribunal using Sharia law in Texas has been confirmed by Breitbart Texas. The tribunal is operating as a non-profit organization in Dallas. One of the attorneys for the tribunal said participation and acceptance of the tribunal’s decisions are “voluntary.”

Breitbart Texas spoke with one of the “judges,” Dr. Taher El-badawi. He said the tribunal operates under Sharia law as a form of “non-binding dispute resolution.” El-badawi said their organization is “a tribunal, not arbitration.” A tribunal is defined by Meriam-Webster’s Dictionary as “a court or forum of justice.” The four Islamic attorneys call themselves “judges” not “arbitrators.”

El-badawi said the tribunal follows Sharia law to resolve civil disputes in family and business matters. He said they also resolve workplace disputes.

In matters of divorce, El-badawi said that “while participation in the tribunal is voluntary, a married couple cannot be considered divorced by the Islamic community unless it is granted by the tribunal.” He compared their divorce, known as “Talaq,” as something similar to the Catholic practice of annulment in that the church does not recognize civil divorce proceedings as ending a marriage.

He also said there is a difference between how a man and a woman can request a divorce under their system. “The husband can request the divorce directly from the tribunal,” El-badawi stated. “The wife must go to an Imam who will request the divorce for her.” He called it “two paths to the same result.” The practice of Khula is the process where a wife can initiate a divorce proceeding and where the husband can agree to the divorce in exchange for a financial compensation. It appears the wife must agree to give up any claim to the “dower” that was not already paid or to return it if it has already been paid. Once the financial issues are resolved the husband can then proclaim the Talaq (divorce).

El-badawi said they follow Texas family law when it comes to child support, visitation, and custody. He said that in most cases, custody of children is awarded to the mother.

Breitbart Texas asked what happens when there is a conflict between Sharia law and Texas law. El-badawi said most of the time, the laws are in agreement. When pushed further he admitted that, “we follow Sharia law.” However, he explained, “If the parties are not satisfied with the tribunal’s decision, they do not have to accept it and they can take the matter to Texas civil courts.” He did not say what the social ramifications of rejecting the “judge’s” decision would be.

Nederman • a day ago
Traitors! Why would we tolerate this stuff? All we ask is when you come to the USA you speak English and pledge allegiance to our Constitution. It is not that hard.
TruthBeTold • a day ago
American Feminists will not speak out against theses courts and how they affect women.

If they were Christians proposing this, Feminists would be throwing their own feces.
Sam Houston • 13 hours ago
Both them and the Homosexual Mafia are deathly quiet when it comes to islam. These people are Liberals and most Liberals are atheists. Atheists are really Luciferians. moslems are Luciferians as well being that allah is Lucifer. They are birds of a feather so they do not counter the will of the Master.
caperick • a day ago
Hey! I have an idea......you don't like the laws of our land move back to where you came from! I wouldn't live in Saudi Arabia because I don't like their laws. I wouldn't move there and try change them.
whthfk1 • a day ago
Yep,The new Saudi King just had his first official beheading I think it was in honor of our own King Ochoombya and his Wookiemoochachupacabra cutting short their trip to India for no apparent reason except to get another multi-million dollar vacation on the tax-payers dime.It's been almost a month since their last one ended-well a few weeks and the long weekends don't count as vacation for the choominator. . You know those two guys who reside in the White Mosques at 1600 Tranny-sylvania ave.
original.jpg

lol, I feel like you could basically look at it the same as Catholic "law", and excommunication, and all that jazz. As long as local/state/federal law ultimately matters, then...*shrug*

also, breitbart

Yep,The new Saudi King just had his first official beheading I think it was in honor of our own King Ochoombya and his Wookiemoochachupacabra cutting short their trip to India for no apparent reason except to get another multi-million dollar vacation on the tax-payers dime.It's been almost a month since their last one ended-well a few weeks and the long weekends don't count as vacation for the choominator. . You know those two guys who reside in the White Mosques at 1600 Tranny-sylvania ave.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

Brakke

Banned
lmao that very next sentence tho

"One of the attorneys for the tribunal said participation and acceptance of the tribunal’s decisions are “voluntary.”"

Brakke

Banned
that appeal to webster's definition of tribunals

who did they hire to write this

it has everything

i love it

WedgeX

Banned
Was this discovered via undercover video more heavily edited than Die Hard on network television? Because otherwise I just can't believe.

benjipwns

Banned
What's the story here?
That MUSLIMS as a GROWING part of the POPULATION are setting up their own arbitration panels in AMERICA where they follow SHARIAH LAW if they want to but ultimately defer to the "official" courts. In TEXAS of all places. MUSLIMS.

ISLAM.

AMERICA. ISLAM. MUSLIMS.

9/11
BENGHAZI

danm999

You just know Brietbart has had some poor guy scouring the internet to vindicate Fox and Bobby Jindal about "Muslim only zones" gaffes from the past few weeks.

benjipwns

Banned
I regret reading the comments.

Rose's especially. Good grief..
lol I was going to quote her but I couldn't find one that would make sense enough to stand alone
We need more Javelina Hog Farms around Muslim compounds.
Get Javelinas on the Endangered Species list and set up Javelina Game Preserves, declare that Muslims are displacing the Hogs and make them pay for the Preserves the way EPA made 3M do for Golden Cheeked Warblers in the Austin Area where Golden Cheeked Warblers WERE NOT NATIVE.
EPA made 3M spend more on the Game Preserve than the cost of Business Building that EPA was trying to prevent 3M from constructing.
MADE THEM PUT THE MONEY IN ESCROW BEFOREHAND!
AFTER a 15 yr ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STUDY that 3M also had to pay for.

You talking to ME? You mirin' these abs? You looking at these guns? *flex biceps*
Homosexual Mafia.

Also makes 'the godfather' sound a lot kinkier.

oh, apparently this thread was about religious consultation. In TEXAS? Hot damn, people actually read over there?
imagine my surprise when I learned that you can actually major in philosophy there. Like wtf

Monocle

Personally, I'm cool with the Homosexual Mafia. They said I could keep this badass feathered pink jacket as long as I didn't ask where it came from. Also if I ever have twin boys I have to name them Chase and Cody and give them unmonitored internet time and lifetime subscriptions to Men's Health, and enroll them in swimming lessons when they're old enough.

Haha, whatever! Those kooky gays and their social agendas.

Brakke

Banned
lol I was going to quote her but I couldn't find one that would make sense enough to stand alone

Incredible.

We lived in Phoenix for a couple years when I was a kid and my mom didn't really understand the desert and sort of hated it but she put on a brave face and tried to adapt the family to our new desert lifestyle. She did this mainly by replacing my little sister's story books with this this for a couple months:

Then we left Arizona and were happier foreverafter.

The point of this story is I only barely know what a javelina is and I wish I didn't so that comment would be even better.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I agree with the comment saying you should speak English when you come to America, otherwise lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Incredible.

We lived in Phoenix for a couple years when I was a kid and my mom didn't really understand the desert and sort of hated it but she put on a brave face and tried to adapt the family to our new desert lifestyle. She did this mainly by replacing my little sister's story books with this this for a couple months:

Then we left Arizona and were happier foreverafter.

The point of this story is I only barely know what a javelina is and I wish I didn't so that comment would be even better.

They can be hunted.

So? How is this different from say, a Jewish court or a Christian court? People can subject themselves to religious rules if they so desire, but it carries no legal weight.

devilhawk

Some solid whataboutism in the thread.

I have no idea about the veracity of the claim but "what about X" is not the correct response.

SURGEdude

Not surprising this kind of crap comes from a site begun by one of the most vile people I've had the displeasure of hearing speak. He came off as a total sociopath.

Mimosa97

That MUSLIMS as a GROWING part of the POPULATION are setting up their own arbitration panels in AMERICA where they follow SHARIAH LAW if they want to but ultimately defer to the "official" courts. In TEXAS of all places. MUSLIMS.

ISLAM.

AMERICA. ISLAM. MUSLIMS.

9/11
BENGHAZI

Congrats. You just made it into the NSA high-risk individuals top 10 list.

Please say hi for me to the chinese fbi agents.

WedgeX

Banned
Some solid whataboutism in the thread.

I have no idea about the veracity of the claim but "what about X" is not the correct response.

Unlike attempting to compare potential western involvement with Boko Haram and their massive international superpower backers __________ to the situation with North Korea and their massive international superpower backers China, asking about the difference (or lack thereof) between (potentially existing) voluntary religious courts of the worlds major religions (in a country that happens to have some things codified in the First Amendment) is pretty on topic.

benjipwns

Banned
There's nothing that seems to not be factual in the story, at least the part I quoted in the OP. This place exists, they do arbitration based on Islamic law, they don't override actual courts and acknowledge the right of parties to go to those. The Brietbart writer did appear to interview one of the fellows (hopefully the sweet looking dude on the left) involved about what they do.

What the Brietbart story does is fill it with innuendo like "social ramifications" and selective quoting from their site implying without actually saying that you'll be beheaded if you reject the arbitrators ruling. And it also knows their readers are already afraid of CREEPING SHARIAH so all they have to do is just say SHARIAH IN AMERICA IN TEXAS and the readers get the point as shown by the comments. The Brietbart writer doesn't have to actually say anything that's not factual.

The part that comes close to pushing it is the very end:
El-badawi restated several times that participation in the tribunal is voluntary. However, he would not discuss what happens to someone who did not follow their rulings.
See, this is entirely factual and an arbitrator can't really tell you this because it depends on the case and what the civil courts decide but the writer tries to gloss over the earlier response without actually saying anything:
“If the parties are not satisfied with the tribunal’s decision, they do not have to accept it and they can take the matter to Texas civil courts.”
All while playing up the "voluntary" line which his readers will refuse to believe because MUSLIMS so it sows further doubt but he's not quoting the guy inaccurately.

More "legitimate" news sources do the same thing too.

Skinpop

lol, I feel like you could basically look at it the same as Catholic "law", and excommunication, and all that jazz. As long as local/state/federal law ultimately matters, then...*shrug*

also, breitbart

it's not that simple though. I don't know the specifics of this particular case but it's often not socially acceptable to just circumvent the "rules" and go through the proper channels . Especially for kids and women this can have dire consequences.

Here in Sweden We've had issues with shadow trials within the romani community for example. In a society there really shouldn't be any room for ambiguity when it comes to the legal system, and while that might hold true legally it often doesn't socially.

JDSN

Banned
Unlike attempting to compare potential western involvement with Boko Haram and their massive international superpower backers __________ to the situation with North Korea and their massive international superpower backers China, asking about the difference (or lack thereof) between (potentially existing) voluntary religious courts of the worlds major religions (in a country that happens to have some things codified in the First Amendment) is pretty on topic.

Hahaha

Mimosa97

" In other news tonight, a chik-fil-a restaurant south of Dallas has been robbed by a gang of muslamic homosexuals who appeared to be holding ray guns "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom