• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brock has been hitting the gym.

Not

Banned
If Ash has a birthday during an episode, it just means he's turning 10.
Bart Simpson has had numerous birthdays and completed the 4th grade countless times. I'll give you one guess what age he still is.

That reminds me, I wanted to make a thread about how the Fox family from Bill Amend's Foxtrot are trapped in a time warp localized inside their house that resets their lifespans every summer without their knowledge, while the rest of the world progresses and ages around them. They have vague knowledge of events that happened to them decades earlier, but somehow they don't realize they were the same age when it happened.

The only cartoon I can bring myself to lust over is Shepirorh.

I was 13 shut up
j4Wr0F6.gif

I understand.

rtcn63

It is only weird if you use our present day context as a backdrop instead of Pokemon's where preteens to teens being friends is a regular occurrence.

I mean they enslave and indoctrinate living beings to work and fight to the near death for them. Pokemon is a fucked up place.

No wonder he ditched Ash's sorry butt after 3 consecutive League failures

"This Ash kid is like a young but more ambitious me."

Sometime later...

"This Ash kid is too much like me what a fucking waste."

Violet_0

Banned
is that how pokemon looks now? I dig the new look, the soft thin outlines make the animations way more dynamic. Looks almost movie quality-like

ChrisD

Oh man, they actually used the in-game poses? That's really cool.

Clearly Brock wanted to become more Rock-type.

I wonder if Misty and/or Brock were originally supposed to be adults when the original Red/Green were made, but they were made into kids to fit with Ash in the anime. I don't think it is unreasonable to look at Gen 1's sprite and concept arts for them and see them as adults, especially considering all the other gym leaders are adults...

I think Brock for example is more in line with the other gym leaders like Lt.Surge than a kid.

Top Bottom