• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie: "Destiny 2 uses a hybrid of client-server and peer-to-peer technology"

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yea dedicated servers would be pretty good but my issue with Destiny's pvp is the tick rate. It's at 10!!!!! That's what they need to fix.
30hz for combat, 10hz for activities.

In other news, the more I think about it, the more I think this network solution is optimal for us here in Australia/NZ....this hybrid solution sounds good (to me).

ethomaz

Banned
Yea dedicated servers would be pretty good but my issue with Destiny's pvp is the tick rate. It's at 10!!!!! That's what they need to fix.
It is 30hz... c'mon.

In other news, the more I think about it, the more I think this network solution is optimal for us here in Australia/NZ....this hybrid solution sounds good (to me).
Looks to be optimal for most WW fireteams.

It will probably fix most of lag issues I have in Raids.

DisgustipatedSA

Neo Member
No it isn't.
What is Destiny’s network tick rate?
Combat damage is sampled at 30Hz (30 times per second). We track and network how your shots land in every frame of gameplay you can see. You receive updates on systems like scoring or ammo spawn timers from an Activity Host at 10Hz (10 times per second).

Excerpt taken from https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45459/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--11172016

Top Bottom