• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to have $1 Rodeo Crispy Chicken and Rodeo Burger for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this topic is a little old, but I tried it last month. It's about what I'd expect for $1, but it's still good value. At that price point, you're basically only getting 2-3 ingredients and this fares well among the $1 Cheesburger at McDonalds and the $1 burger from Wendys.

kehs

Banned
I didnt even taste the onion rings in the sandwich, the barbecue sauce was pretty overpowering.

Petrie

Banned
Yeah, this topic is a little old, but I tried it last month. It's about what I'd expect for $1, but it's still good value. At that price point, you're basically only getting 2-3 ingredients and this fares well among the $1 Cheesburger at McDonalds and the $1 burger from Wendys.

Does it? I think giving up an extra patty on exchange for 2 tiny onion rings makes it a much worse value than McDonald's.

akira28

These are fucking awesome. God why am I so excited?

Does it? I think giving up an extra patty on exchange for 2 tiny onion rings makes it a much worse value than McDonald's.

the 1$ cheeseburger is more like 1.30 plus tax around here. That Dollar menu and more bullshit. "Here, play a dollar, and some more for the former dollar menu."

Labrys

huh, only 310 calories? that's not bad at all

might start going to lunch there sometimes, there's one near me

Petrie

Banned
T
the 1$ cheeseburger is more like 1.30 plus tax around here. That Dollar menu and more bullshit. "Here, play a dollar, and some more for the former dollar menu."

What's bullshit about it? They aren't lying to you. Like all these types of menus eventually things leave them and new items join.

These are fucking awesome. God why am I so excited?

$1.08 all the time here. Isn't it the "Dollar Menu and More" because it includes $2 items?

akira28

$1.08 all the time here. Isn't it the "Dollar Menu and More" because it includes $2 items?

They should just keep it simple and make it a buck. They would be super-successful and even more popular. But they keep trying to game our wallets.

small fry used to be a dollar too, then it became 1.28, 'just because'.

MisterHero

The onions aren't chopped and the sandwich isn't rectangular.

Am I remembering/savoring a different sandwich? This whole thing seems off!

edit: it was the Steakhouse XT Burger

Petrie

Banned
They should just keep it simple and make it a buck. They would be super-successful and even more popular. But they keep trying to game our wallets.

small fry used to be a dollar too, then it became 1.28, 'just because'.

It isn't successful if it only gets you there ordering dollar menu items. Successful in your eyes is very different from what success really means.

Dawnblade

Banned
Burger King Arms for $1 Menu Rumble:

More coverage, cheese is extra:

C33iaUN.jpg

this deal is sure to rope me in

cafemomo

Aren't they a dollar period?

I was a shift manager at BK for 5 months and I think we sold Rodeo Burgers for a buck each.

Petrie

Banned
You're wrong, but you can have the last word.

Please elaborate. Because the issue is that though the $1 menu has been successful getting people to McDonald's, it's causing customers to not order the more expensive items McDonald's actually profits from. So explain to me how having more $1 items solves this.

Petrie

Banned
They raised the prices because they were losing money on the $1 items. This is pretty straightforward.

Exactly. You can't measure the success of the $1 menu on how many items they sell from the dollar menu. The success is measured by how many expensive items sell along with those orders. If you go and order 2 McDoubles and a McChicken from the $1 menu, you are useless as a customer. They aren't making any money from you. It's only successful if you order those items along with a $4 Big Mac, a $2 soda, and a $3 McCafe Latte. Which isn't what's been happening, hence the raised prices to offset losses.

pikablu

Had one of each yesterday. Not a fan of the chicken as its too much fried stuff. Couldn't tell the difference from the onion ring and the breast. But the burger was real dope.

These used to be me and my friend's go to item at BK back in high school, I had 2 the other day and remembered why that's a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, I thought they still tasted great but man did I feel like crap afterward.

Petrie

Banned
These used to be me and my friend's go to item at BK back in high school, I had 2 the other day and remembered why that's a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, I thought they still tasted great but man did I feel like crap afterward.

If a beef patty, bun, bbq sauce and couple onion rings make you feel like crap, I think you might have issues unrelated to BK.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Damn, I wish the RoadHouse from checkers was a $1.

large.1384360877.jpg

Love this sandwich.

Rallys (Checkers) is almost extinct in San Diego County. They're down to three locations.
But since they started going under we've gotten The Habit, Sonic, Five Guys, Smashburger and probably more that I'm forgetting.

I had the Rodeo Burger last night. Fuck, it was amazing. Like others have said, you are getting your money's worth for a dollar.

Gonna try the Crispy Chicken when I can.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been running around my cheat days trying the explosion of foods on various dollar/value menus and this one is next. Maybe this week.

Wendy's Chipoltle burgers were good, the chicken one was better. The new chicken sandwiches from McDs were passable and the new stuff on the Taco Bell menu is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom