• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a 4K TV for PS4K thread!

Anyone got any good recommendations for a 4K HDR set around £500-£700 in the UK?

Looking for around 50"

Been looking at these ones but these all seem to be from last year, so not really sure if theres anything a bit more recent?

It would be just for gaming really.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E1QQHPK/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE5...samsung+ku6000

I read that you cant really get true HDR for that price, but generally I'm just looking for a decent entry level 4KTV around that price range.

I recently got a 65inch 4k HDR Samsung TV. Took me awhile to find the settings but I now have the 4k HDR working. My question is when I am watching things at night, I can see bright spots around the TV, especially when watching a movie that has letterboxing. Is this just still a common problem with LCD tvs? It just doesnt get the dark blacks?

Benedict

JP

I've just been offered my friend's Sony Bravia KD49XE7002 4K HDR Smart TV for a couple of hundred quid and was considering buying it for the bedroom.

Does anybody have any experience of this panel for gaming? For the price I may be getting it for, it isn't really a long-term investment as it may well be replaced in two or three years but a better set but I'm just wondering what people think of the set, considering the price.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the XE70 is known as the X720E. I hate the way Sony do this with the names of their TVs.

EDIT:
I'm finding it difficult to find review info on the 49" XE70 but I have found a review of the larger size that measures lag at 22ms in Game mode. There's also been a recent firmware update which is supposed to improve Game mode.

EDIT 2:
I've actually found a review on rtings.com for the X720E model and the input lag seems pretty damn good for gaming.

rtings.com said:
4k @ 60Hz : 19.8 ms
1080p @ 60Hz : 19.7 ms
4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 19.7 ms
1080p @ 60Hz + HDR : 19.7 ms
4k @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode : 120.8 ms
1080p @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode : 121.0 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 : 18.7 ms
1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 : 18.7 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + 8 bit HDR : N/A
1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR : N/A
4k With Interpolation : 120.8 ms
1080p With Interpolation : 120.7 ms
1080p @ 120 Hz : N/A

It's clearly not the best TV out there but a 50" bedroom TV for the bedroom at £200 means I'd be stupid not too.

bcolak

Banned
So I am thinking about buying a 4k gaming TV. Samsung MU8000 49inch. It s around 940euros here in germany. From what I read online it looks like a decent TV. But not sure if there is something better in that price range. If anyone knows please do tell :)
Thank you

Last edited:

base

Banned
So I am thinking about buying a 4k gaming TV. Samsung MU8000 49inch. It s around 940euros here in germany. From what I read online it looks like a decent TV. But not sure if there is something better in that price range. If anyone knows please do tell :)
Thank you
Don't do it. Go for Sony XE9005 or XE9305.

base

Banned
uf kind of 200e more expensive and the other even more :/ What are the differences between them and Samsung?
I know but it's worth it. I have myself Samsung KS7000 which is even better than MU8000 cause of Quantum Dot. I wouldn't recommend buying it again. Too many issues - with HDMI switching, no HDR settings switching in Game Mode.

If I could choose one more time I'd go for XE9005/XE9305 definitely.

Wonkytonk

I’d highly recommend the XE9005 - I purchased the 49” version a couple of months ago for my PS4 Pro and it’s been fantastic. It cost me just under £1,000 for reference.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I need a bigger Tv and want 4k. I sit about 10-11 feet away from TV. I know ever one says the TCL 605 is the best bang but it's only 55". Rtings rates the 405 as decent for gaming and if I go that way I can get a 65". So if I have to pick should I go for the better picture of the 605 or the size of the 405?I have a 40" now for reference. And this will be for mostly Ps4 pro gaming.

Last edited:

MrBenchmark

I need a bigger Tv and want 4k. I sit about 10-11 feet away from TV. I know ever one says the TCL 605 is the best bang but it's only 55". Rtings rates the 405 as decent for gaming and if I go that way I can get a 65". So if I have to pick should I go for the better picture of the 605 or the size of the 405?I have a 40" now for reference. And this will be for mostly Ps4 pro gaming.
You could wait for the 2018 tcl line they are releasing up to a 65 this year with more features same pricing.

I have the 55 replaced my 2014 Vizio P series with it and it’s a fantastic set blows my old Vizio away.

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
You could wait for the 2018 tcl line they are releasing up to a 65 this year with more features same pricing.

I have the 55 replaced my 2014 Vizio P series with it and it’s a fantastic set blows my old Vizio away.
I need to stay in that 6-7 hundred range though. I have a feeling the 65p will be over 1000.

Toe-Knee

Ok thanks for this info. I am actually planning to buy it in april or may this year.

I reckon the new models will be out by then so keep an eye on stores for deals.

Also if you can use topcashback in your country there's often good deals.

Currently they have 10% cashback on any Sony TV from curry's in the uk

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Since this thread got resurrected I’ll chime in with opinion that matters:

The TCL P605 series TV is the only TV under a $1000 that anyone should consider. It’s the best value and bang for buck model you can get. A better TV will cost over $1000.

MrBenchmark

Since this thread got resurrected I’ll chime in with opinion that matters:

The TCL P605 series TV is the only TV under a $1000 that anyone should consider. It’s the best value and bang for buck model you can get. A better TV will cost over $1000.
Nothin but truth said here!

Top Bottom