• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Caffeine pills: good for studying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

JayDubya said:
If it's the only way you can stay up to browse some unfamiliar material that you know will be on the test? Maybe.

Still, try to get some sleep. Even if it's just a little bit, you'll need it. And hopefully you don't have anything after the test so you can come home and crash hard.

Listen to this man. (for once) Sleep has a much greater effect on test performance than all-nighters spent cramming.

JayDubya

Banned
sonarrat said:
Listen to this man. (for once) Sleep has a much greater effect on test performance than all-nighters spent cramming.

But that's not what I'm saying, precisely. If you can avoid it, don't do all-nighters at all, and get your studying in early (duh). But this isn't always realistic, because we're gamers, and gamers and work / life balance don't usually mix too well.

If you can't avoid it, I'm suggesting that with your almost-all-nighter, you get at least an hour or two. It should help your memory and energy levels long enough to get you through the test. I don't expect it will save your butt if you have two tests or any complicated activities later in the day.

RiskyChris said:
I don't work any better but god damn am I more efficient. Sometimes that's enough to make the mark, if you're good enough...

Armitage said:
But if there's no pressure I won't work at all. Something > nothing!

TheExodu5 said:
I most certainly do. I'm a procrastinator by nature...I have a lot of trouble bringing myself to work/study. Even right now, I should have been studying all day for a midterm at 11:30 am tomorrow, but I've probably only studies 30 mins. Soon, the pressure will get to me and I will power through shit fast. It's managed to get me quite a few A's so far. :lol

You might all think you do, and truly believe it, but you're wrong. If only I could get you guys into a lab... :p

Pikelet

I was told by my friend studying psychology that if you learn things in a different state induced by something like coffee or alcohol, you will be much less likely to remember things later on when you are no longer in that state

TheExodu5

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
You might all think you do, and truly believe it, but you're wrong. If only I could get you guys into a lab... :p

Well it's pretty simple for me. If I'm not under pressure, I don't work. If I really enjoy the work, then I'm fine doing it though.

Dragona Akehi said:

Well, I don't know what to say. I'm necessarily relaxed if I'm working on an assignment way ahead of time, and there's little penalty to taking my time in that situation...

I definitely work faster when I'm pressed for time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom