• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

sant

Saying the game is next gen only puts everything else he said into doubt. There is no way that is happening.

If CoD was still a well regarded, but not mega-seller franchise you'd be right. Things are very different now. The mainstream are savvy when it comes to CoD they will know the difference between the two games much the same way a lot of them know the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

That was back when the CoD name didn't mean much. Back when it wasn't making 1b in 15 days. They're going to be playing with fire if they attempt to do something like that. Especially since BF4 will exist and it's going to be marketed under one giant umbrella instead of casting off the PS3 and 360 versions (the two that will sell the most) like they don't matter.

That didn't stop them from making Declassified...

RdN

They'd never launch on next-gen only. There's too big of a market with the 360 and PS3, and they won't forfeit the money.

there is no chance in hell the next CoD is next gen only. None. It makes zero sense. MS and/or Sony couldn't write check big enough, nor would they want to. They still make tons of money in licensing off the 20 million copies of CoD that are sold every year, and in the case of MS, they also make a killing on all the LIVE subscription revenue CoD games drive.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If May announcement for this new COD

April = Durango Announcement locked & confirmed!

I'm going:

COD: MW4 - PS3/30/PC/WiiU (Think Basic Model)
COD: Ghosts in the Machine - PS4/720/PC (Deluxe Model)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sony/MS Moneyhats could make Next Gen-only a reality.

If their moneyhat is around 1 billion dollar, maybe.

Seriously, the only next gen part can't be trusted at all. Activision won't sacrifice well over 10 million of sales guaranteed, especially with BF4 this year coming in both current and next gen. And strangely it's the only one coming from a different source XD

JoeFenix

Most anticipated game of 2013 without a doubt!

Man this sounds so fresh and cool, me and my friends are already talking about how we're going to Prestige the hell out of this!

This is the kind of game that gets me SUPER excited! Rappelling in the maps instead of just straight up load screens, holy shit guys!

Hope there's a perk to make you rappel faster, it's gonna be soooo cool!

Not sure how accurate the info is, but I'm a subscriber to driftors channel. His in depth looks at all the weapons are the best and he goes above and beyond all others.
So I will give him the benefit of the doubt here.

The next gen only thing sounds kinda extreme coz of the loss of sales for Acti, but you have think it would be in MS and Sony's benefit to moneyhat Acti for loss of sales from 360/PS3 users just to get people onto the next gen wagon. Interesting if true.

luffeN

Why do you guys bring up the BF4 cross-gen argument? Do you think that if there is no current gen COD version of this that the players will jump ship and play BF4 instead? I think that the COD crowd will follow the game to whichever platform it will launch on next.

I always get the feeling that they should just cut out the spec ops part anyway and put more focus on the single/multiplayer. They are spreading themselves too thin. I also wonder if they will finally get away from the current engine.

• Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.

best thing that could happen to the console version, wish more games on consoles did a lean and peak system.

Hated to see all games, even the ones that are suppose to be "tactical" start taking lean and peak out this generation in order to have press A cover system....

Why do you guys bring up the BF4 cross-gen argument? Do you think that if there is no current gen COD version of this that the players will jump ship and play BF4 instead? I think that the COD crowd will follow the game to whichever platform it will launch on next.

CoD games sell 20m+ units. The PS4 and next Xbox aren't going to reach a point where those numbers are possible for quite some time. So, yeah it's quite possible that some of those fans would take a look at BF4.

best thing that could happen to the console version, wish more games on consoles did a lean and peak system.

Hated to see all games, even the ones that are suppose to be "tactical" start taking lean and peak out this generation in order to have press A cover system....

But it sucks in almost all of them, Far Cry 3 is the best its been done I think. I dont like the peek in anything else.

dc89

There is no way it's not coming to PS3 & 360. Activision love $$$. And they're going to pass that up? Really.

It was good in Dishonored although I don't think that would translate well to a fast paced shooter. Maybe this will finally slow COD down a bit.

While I agree its TOO fast in black ops 2 (a lot of this is maps though) I wouldn't like to see them slow it down to a tactical level. Its like Q3A to me, these types of games need to exist and CoD is really good at the fast twitch small map shooter.

I don't think it would be an awful idea for them to try and release a slower more tactical label of cod though. I think there's a pretty big market for that kind of shooter and there hasn't been anything that has really gained a ton of traction in the genre. Could dilute the brand though so a new IP could potentially be smarter.

Diablos

He 'trusts his life' to this source?

I cannot think of any other fucking indication that would better demonstrate that someone is taking themself wayyyy too seriously.

FyreWulff

They could do what Call of Duty 2 started; next-gen platforms got the big title, and others got an entirely different game.

Then Call of Duty 3 came out, which was on PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PS2, and the original Xbox. CoD2 I feel was more a matter of timing - it was still a PC-centric franchise at that moment, and the 360 was the first console out the gate that they could easily port it to. It hadn't quite exploded on consoles yet.

Treyarch's always been better at porting their games down to lesser hardware, too.

TUROK

Slide shooting? Good. More games need this. I always felt like a fucking badass when I killed people doing this on Killzone 3 and Crysis 2.

jaosobno

Well, it's quite possible that COD: Ghosts is a spin-off franchise destined to evolve into main series once next gen hardware sales pick up.

it is kinda funny, when BF4 comes out 2 years after BF3 people say it is too soon, but two new CoDs in one year is exciting!

It's more to do with the histories of the franchises.
People are worried about how much a change BF4 can offer over 3 so soon as that's not how the franchise has operated, while with COD people know what they're getting every year. The worry about COD quality was years ago.

Omega

Banned
It's more to do with the histories of the franchises.
People are worried about how much a change BF4 can offer over 3 so soon as that's not how the franchise has operated, while with COD people know what they're getting every year. The worry about COD quality was years ago.
?

BF had a yearly release nearly every year. they only skipped a year or two

people have this misconception that there were no BF games between 2 and 3 because they had different names. 2142, Bad Company, etc. were still BF games

Bad Company sub series doesn't feel like the main series. Personally I can't stand BF3 (as a console owner), but thought BC2 was one of the best online games I ever played.

Dabanton

In regards to the only next gen rumour he did say he got that from another person. So I believe the first load of info but think the next gen only one is bull.

What I will say is I would imagine that the next gen versions will have things the PS360 will not. It's the perfect game to strongarm people over. New,CoD,new console.

These motherfuckers are going to be making a lot of money this Christmas were going to be spoiled for choice with FPS. I'll probably pick up next gen versions of this and BF4.

SJRB

Gold Member
"Next-gen only" is nonsense. The rest however sounds plausible, but also completely uninteresting.

"Futuristic setting with current-generation weapons"? Guess it saves tons of time if you can just re-use assets from previous games.

Also: "rolling sideways DAYZ-style", lol.

Next gen only makes sense when PS3/360/WII U/NGage/iOS/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/3DO would be getting a "downgraded"=like MW3 versions.

Bullshit but I believe it.

IISANDERII

Because it's hard to believe that Activision would launch two separate CoD games and then market them at full force. And if DICE can pull off cross-gen with BF4, then what would be stopping this CoD game? It's not like Activision is lacking when it comes to resources.
Exactly that! Why sell one COD game to a customer when you can sell two?
Are people going to buy BF4 for both previous gen and next gen consoles? No.
Would people buy both COD Ghosts and CODPS360? Oh yes.

360/PC:

Call_of_Duty_2_Box.jpg

PS2/GC/Xbox:

256px-Cod2bre.jpg

PS3/360/PC/Wii:

256px-Call_of_Duty_World_at_War_cover.png

PS2:

Final_Fronts_cover.png

They'll just dump the lesser versions, and only market the PS4/720/PC ones. People will go into stores asking for the new Call of Duty, and they'll get the current gen release.
This is before CoD became huge in my opinion with the Modern Warfare arc, now people would be well aware that they were getting a dumbed down version of a game but seeing how the wii version sold without being advertised.

Saying the game is next gen only puts everything else he said into doubt. There is no way that is happening.

What can happen is spin offs of the title on 360/PS3 with trimmed down graphics. That could be it, since they have done this in the past.

Top Bottom