• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Klyka

Banned
Dilly said:
So, for the people who have played the SP yet.

Is there a guy with a big mustache? I seem to recall every COD had a character who looked like Captain Price in COD4.

Hehehehe.

Violater

Watching those end of round clips has me very skeptical about either the auto aim or hit detection. I could just be my old eyes.

chapel

Banned
Violater said:
Watching those end of round clips has me very skeptical about either the auto aim or hit detection. I could just be my old eyes.
Are you talking about the slow mo winning kill thing? Yeah it seems off, but you have to remember it is showing what the server saw, which is an amalgamation between the two players boxes, the server and pings. So it may not always be exactly true to what the player saw, or look right.

Raxus

NameGenerated said:
How come he gets kills towards his kill streak from that harrier? When he gets the 11 kill streak, I thought those didn't count towards that stuff. It's at 4:10.
Killstreaks build on kill streaks. The BIG difference is once you die the killstreak you built up to will no longer build on your new life like the previous game.

If you want some impressions/tips about multiplayer be sure to ask me I will give you the full run down.

ACE 1991

God... So many of these 7+ killstreak awards are vastly overpowered :lol

I guess if everyone has access to them it's okay I suppose.

Raxus

ACE 1991 said:
God... So many of these 7+ killstreak awards are vastly overpowered :lol

I guess if everyone has access to them it's okay I suppose.
First unlock should ALWALYS be the harrier jet. That shit is CRAZY.

Er..has anyone seen that controversial level in the game where you are part of a
Russian terrorist group and just gun down random innocent civilians in an airport?
That video was disturbing. I don't see the point of it to be honest.

Dabanton

Meus Renaissance said:
Er..has anyone seen that controversial level in the game where you are part of a
Russian terrorist group and just gun down random innocent civilians in an airport?

where have you been for the last two weeks?:lol

Graf Nudu said:
Comment:

Nobody is going to get banned. All stats will be reset though. But the people who got it early will already know which weapons are best and the layout of all the maps.

Really?

Well, it's not a perk they're going to hold for long. A few days and we all know the layouts of the maps and best weapon-combos.

Sectus

Violater said:
The game uses some form of clientside hit detection (or at least something to the same effect). The killcam uses info from your own local client, so all enemy positions you see are different than than other players based on their ping to the host. So on the killcam (or end of round cam) you'll see the player fire where he saw the enemy on his client, but that may not match up to your client's info due to different latency.

That's what I assume is the cause of that anyway.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Raxus said:
Killstreaks build on kill streaks. The BIG difference is once you die the killstreak you built up to will no longer build on your new life like the previous game.

If you want some impressions/tips about multiplayer be sure to ask me I will give you the full run down.
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by it?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
NameGenerated said:

Let's say you get 2 kill streak in one round and it ended, next round you get one more kill then you will have a 3 kill streak UAV reward. Kill streaks carry over

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
SteveO409 said:
Let's say you get 2 kill streak in one round and it ended, next round you get one more kill then you will have a 3 kill streak UAV reward. Kill streaks carry over
He said it built even on deaths though. I don't remember it doing that.

X26

Banned
NameGenerated said:
How come he gets kills towards his kill streak from that harrier? When he gets the 11 kill streak, I thought those didn't count towards that stuff. It's at 4:10.

AC-130 and chopper gunner kills don't count atleast, but yea I thought none of them would initially :/

DuckRacer

NameGenerated said:
In CoD4, instead of using your helicopter right away you can wait and use it when you respawn. Then whenever it kills someone, it counts toward getting another killstreak (including another chopper). You can't do that now in MW2.

Raxus

Meus Renaissance said:
Just skip the level then the game does not penalize you for it.

DuckRacer said:
In CoD4, instead of using your helicopter right away you can wait and use it when you respawn. Then whenever it kills someone, it counts toward getting another killstreak (including another chopper). You can't do that now in MW2.

Thank GOD!!!

Raxus

BrassMonkey1010 said:
Thank GOD!!!
I was actually saddened by this fact since it meant keeping my K/D ratio high would be difficult but it was a pretty bad oversight in the last game I gotta admit.

Also Scavenger is a god perk.

X26 said:
So what are the leaderboards like this time? Same as in COD4 or broken down by gametype?

there are actually some steps back in the leaderboard and party system from WaW
For example, in WaW a party leader could leave the lobby with the party alleviating everyone from having to back out.

In WaW, you could sort the leaderboard to compare everyone just in your current game to measure up the skill of your current opponents, can't do that in MW2. As far as I can tell, you cannot break the leaderboards down by gametype (which you could also do in WaW).

X26

Banned
MrCompletely said:
there are actually some steps back in the leaderboard and party system from WaW
For example, in WaW a party leader could leave the lobby with the party alleviating everyone from having to back out.

In WaW, you could sort the leaderboard to compare everyone just in your current game to measure up the skill of your current opponents, can't do that in MW2. As far as I can tell, you cannot break the leaderboards down by gametype (which you could also do in WaW).

too bad, although maybe there's a chance they won't stay that way

Raxus

BTW Campaign is unbelievably short. Playing on Vet, collecting all the intel and getting almost all the (non spec ops related) achievements/trophies took me less than 8 hours.

Raxus said:
BTW Campaign is unbelievably short. Playing on Vet, collecting all the intel and getting almost all the (non spec ops related) achievements/trophies took me less than 8 hours.

I'm pretty thrilled about this actually. I like short campaigns sometimes, and COD4's campaign was pretty much the the sweet spot for me, for the type of game it is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
neoism said:
Spoilers .... Multiplayer..:lol

Not sure if it's been posted, but holy shit!spoilers

So fucking stupid.

X26

Banned
neoism said:
Spoilers .... Multiplayer..:lol

Not sure if it's been posted, but holy shit!spoilers

I'm confused, thought certian killstreaks rewards never count towards your streak because of how powerful they are like the ac-130 and the gunner...but this shows otherwise

RS4-

X26 said:
I'm confused, thought certian killstreaks rewards never count towards your streak because of how powerful they are like the ac-130 and the gunner...but this shows otherwise

Yeah... wtf. Unless it's some FFA only thing which is still pretty bad.

J-Rzez

Going to have to call BS on that gamestop selling it early thing (I'm in NE PA). It was probably just one store or something. None in my area are selling it early, plus friends just got the txt that it'll be available Mon night. My friends are pissed, said they're going to China Town on a road trip while yelling "Fuck GS" the ride up there.

venom2124

J-Rzez said:
Going to have to call BS on that gamestop selling it early thing (I'm in NE PA). It was probably just one store or something. None in my area are selling it early, plus friends just got the txt that it'll be available Mon night. My friends are pissed, said they're going to China Town on a road trip while yelling "Fuck GS" the ride up there.
Agree with you. I'm in NJ and just called Gamestop. The girl said that they're honoring the street date and still having a midnight release.

bdouble

Raxus said:
I don't think that is unbelievably short. For this gen or any gen.

Sushen

DuckRacer said:
So, those kills won't count at all??? Sounds like kill streak bonus gets pretty crazy, and probably, my priority will be hunting down the dude with high kill streak in the oppositing team before it gets really bad. I wonder if IW expected people to take this strategy with this new kill streak bonus.

Sushen

J-Rzez said:
My area's GS employee told me that they will be in deep trouble if they get caught breaking the street date. As much as I want my game, I don't want any trouble for anyone having one.

bdouble said:
With so many games to play plus the time sink called MP mode, I'd be rather annoyed if it's longer than that. I prefer short and sweet, rather than long and padded: Tales of Abyss.

bdouble said:

No shit. Why do so many feel entitled to 10-12 hour campaigns in shooters?
You`re only gunna get that with first party shooters or open world fps.
It took me the latter part of the morning and an afternoon to beat the campaign on Regular and I was satisfied.

Top Bottom