• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Kibbles

Accident said:
Looks like they won't be resetting the leaderboards:
What the hell? I've been trying out everything and being more liberal, taking advantage of the fact my stats will be erased. This sucks. :lol Now I'm stuck with my horrible stats, eh?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Kibbles said:
What the hell? I've been trying out everything and being more liberal, taking advantage of the fact my stats will be erased. This sucks. :lol Now I'm stuck with my horrible stats, eh?

hahahaha! :lol

nib95

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
What a stupid ass game.

What the fuck is the point of the nuke AT ALL!?!?

To end the game for everyone?

"Bu-bu-but the killstreaks don't count towards your kills! We balanced it!!"

So, the kills you get from kill streak bonuses don't count towards your kills? Errr....what the hell if the point of them then? Aren't they just a waste of time? I'd rather be doing something that gets me kills thanks. Also, does a nuke end opponent kill streaks?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
nib95 said:
So, the kills you get from kill streak bonuses don't count towards your kills? Errr....what the hell if the point of them then? Aren't they just a waste of time? I'd rather be doing something that gets me kills thanks. Also, does a nuke end opponent kill streaks?

He said that because it was said before the killstreaks don't count towards additional killstreaks, but now it seems it's only the case after you die or from a care pack, otherwise they will. The nuke ends the entire game.

ZeroRay

nib95 said:

Counts towards your total kills, but doesn't count towards a killstreak after you die.

So say you get a heli, die and use it; you get 11 kills but it doesn't count that as a killstreak.

Neiteio said:
Can somebody please tell me what local splitscreen multiplayer this game has, if any?

Thanks. :)

4 player competitive and 2 player spec ops.

kaskade

nib95 said:
The Nuke ends the round apparently. Holy shit that was awesome.

Sushen

nib95 said:
At this point, I want giant bulls eyes on those with high kill streaks on the radar screen. You know, risk and reward? It will be another new strategy to the game, and those who use high killstreak should prove themselves rather than just chaining killstreaks.

Raxus

.nimrod said:
it might not be an effect of punishment, but it certainly is punishing to do 30 levels again...
Honestly, the game isn't balanced early game as the last one was. IMO you are at serious disadvantage from the get go until you hit your stride.

On airdrops, I just out of a game where I went 37 and 7. Why? Duel Pavelow. I hijacked an airdrop and had my own so I wound up with two of them. Airdrops will no doubt infuriate most since it is a diceroll. On one map I got 4 kills and BOOM instant AC130. Needless to say the other team lost. Badly. The game just isn't fair at that point. Airdrops should never have made it past rank play. If they made it so the chopper would hold on a little longer and could be shot down the game might be a little more balanced but as is, in the right hands, it is potential god mode drop. Sure, it doesn't help build your killstreak (the sentry really should) but it is like a suppressive fire for the other team sequestering them into whatever cover they can find.

Yeah, that chopper gunner thing is way too fucking overpowered. It should only be a 30 second limit like the AC-130. He was in it for a full minute and got 16 kills with it.

Stupid bullshit.

DuckRacer

nib95 said:
Even if the chopper gunner killstreak didn't count towards a nuke, you'd still rack up a ton of points and really help out your team accomplish whatever the objective is.. As it stands now, getting a nuke seems to be relatively easy when it should instead be difficult. I won't judge the entire multiplayer based on this, but smh. Hopefully people will actually try to shoot choppers down, even if they still don't do so in CoD4 two years after release.

Dartastic

Just looked at the Best Buy ad for this week, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted. How the hell is COD4 still $50, and how is WaW still $60, with MW:2 about to come out? Whaaaaaa? :lol

Dartastic said:
Just looked at the Best Buy ad for this week, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted. How the hell is COD4 still $50, and how is WaW still $60, with MW:2 about to come out? Whaaaaaa? :lol

I remember Best Buy had a deal where they were selling World at War for $36 the week after Christmas. That's weird.

Smash88

Banned
Papercuts said:
He said that because it was said before the killstreaks don't count towards additional killsteaks, but now it seems it's only the case after you die or from a care pack, otherwise they will. The nuke ends the entire game.

Mmmmmmm....Steak

nib95

Banned
ZeroRay said:
Counts towards your total kills, but doesn't count towards a killstreak after you die.

So say you get a heli, die and use it; you get 11 kills but it doesn't count that as a killstreak.

I see, thanks for explaining it. Also, bit weird the nuke ends the game. Hopefully it doesn't end up with pro players constantly ending games.

I didn't think the Nuke was going to be a big deal, but after seeing Max kill 16 people in 55 seconds with Chopper Gunner, I am very concerned now.

ZeroRay

Raxus said:
Honestly, the game isn't balanced early game as the last one was. IMO you are at serious disadvantage from the get go until you hit your stride.

On airdrops, I just out of a game where I went 37 and 7. Why? Duel Pavelow. I hijacked an airdrop and had my own so I wound up with two of them. Airdrops will no doubt infuriate most since it is a diceroll. On one map I got 4 kills and BOOM instant AC130. Needless to say the other team lost. Badly. The game just isn't fair at that point. Airdrops should never have made it past rank play. If they made it so the chopper would hold on a little longer and could be shot down the game might be a little more balanced but as is, in the right hands, it is potential god mode drop. Sure, it doesn't help build your killstreak (the sentry really should) but it is like a suppressive fire for the other team sequestering them into whatever cover they can find.

That's what I was worried about. Why get a 9(?) killstreak reward for getting only 4 kills?

Sure it doesn't count towards your streak, the drops can give you less powerful rewards, and the enemy can capture them but this can seriously bring down a game when you can have a chance of getting such powerful things from doing a lot less.

Accident

Well i've been playing a lot with the riot shield and getting my k/d ratio destroyed, it was fun, but i was expecting the leaderboards getting reset.

Neiteio

ZeroRay said:
4 player competitive and 2 player spec ops.
Wow, really? Does anybody have any impressions on the splitscreen multiplayer?

I'll be playing the game online most of the time, but I'd sure love to game with some pals on the same couch, ala the Goldeneye days. :)

X26

Banned
Dax01 said:
I'm so confused on what kills count towards killstreaks and what kills don't. :lol

yea what a clusterfuck

why couldn't they have made it so no killstreak ever adds to your streak to maintain some kind of balance

Mileena

Banned
Accident said:
Well i've been playing a lot with the riot shield and getting my k/d ratio destroyed, it was fun, but i was expecting the leaderboards getting reset.
Is it bad? If so, thank god. I didn't want to deal with another overpowered shield (CS 1.6) but thankfully it was banned from competitive play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
AnEternalEnigma said:
I didn't think the Nuke was going to be a big deal, but after seeing Max kill 16 people in 55 seconds with Chopper Gunner, I am very concerned now.
Shouldn't you be more concerned about the chopper gunner?

Raxus

Dax01 said:
I'm so confused on what kills count towards killstreaks and what kills don't. :lol
Do count (considering you are on your same life and building towards a HIGHER kill streak)
Harrier
Gunner Copter
Attack Chopper
Pavelow
Precision airstrike
Predator Missle
AC130
Stealth Bomber

Do Not:
UAV
Counter UAV
Airdrop (any killstreak out of this never helps earn other killstreak, same is true for Emergency AD)
Sentry gun
Emergency Airdrop
EMP
Nuke

Quick note to all. You get anti air early on in the game the BIG problem is that the perk necessary for countering the chopper (Coldblooded) and the best anti air missle (stinger) Do not arrive until 25 and your late 20's/mid 30's.

LeMaximilian said:

I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I've played about as well MANY times over in CoD4 especially during headquarters. The difference here is that where before I'd probably die somewhere before reaching 25 kills due to nothing going past the helicopter and it being less effective it seems like as long as you are camping in a nice spot by the time that copter is unlocked it's pretty much game over because it's such a ridiculous addition to your killstreak. Can't say much more until I play the game. Nice to see the M16 looking like the sexy beast that it is!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Dance In My Blood said:
:lol :lol :lol

Truly. Just get an anti-air missile launcher. After a certain amount of time, I bet half your team will be rollin with some

Papercuts

Dance In My Blood said:

I guess worse case scenario you can hide from that, but once the nuke drops the game is over regardless.

.nimrod

Raxus said:

It seems that it's not completely random what reward you get. when i started playing i got AC 130s, predator missiles, EMPs, Pave Low choppers, etc.
But once i got better/unlocked more stuff i only got UAVs and counter-UAVs which kinda sucks for a 4 killstreak.
There might be something like in mario kart where you get the worst items once your first, and the best if your last.

Mileena

Banned
Raxus said:
Do count (considering you are on your same life and building towards a HIGHER kill streak)
Harrier
Gunner Copter
Attack Chopper
Pavelow
Precision airstrike
Predator Missle
AC130
Stealth Bomber

Do Not:
UAV
Counter UAV
Airdrop (any killstreak out of this never helps earn other killstreak, same is true for Emergency AD)
Sentry gun
Emergency Airdrop
EMP
Nuke

Quick note to all. You get anti air early on in the game the BIG problem is that the perk necessary for countering the chopper (Coldblooded) and the best anti air missle (stinger) Do not arrive until 25 and your late 20's/mid 30's.
UGH that's terrible. Here is what it should be.

KILLS YOU GOT WITH YOUR FUCKING GUN

Do Not:
UAV
Counter UAV
Sentry gun
Emergency Airdrop
EMP
Harrier
Gunner Copter
Attack Chopper
Pavelow
Precision airstrike
Predator Missle
AC130
Stealth Bomber
Nuke

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Mikey Jr. said:
What a stupid ass game.

What the fuck is the point of the nuke AT ALL!?!?

To end the game for everyone?

"Bu-bu-but the killstreaks don't count towards your kills! We balanced it!!"

Yeah, because people will be rattling off 25 kill streaks left and right... /sarcasm.

Dark FaZe said:
I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I've played about as well MANY times over in CoD4 especially during headquarters. The difference here is that where before I'd probably die somewhere before reaching 25 kills due to nothing going past the helicopter and it being less effective it seems like as long as you are camping in a nice spot by the time that copter is unlocked it's pretty much game over because it's such a ridiculous addition to your killstreak. Can't say much more until I play the game. Nice to see the M16 looking like the sexy beast that it is!
Looks even sexier, actually. Can't wait to try out red dot + silencer.:D

Raxus said:
Harrier
Gunner Copter
Attack Chopper
Pavelow
Precision airstrike
Predator Missle
AC130
Stealth Bomber

Do Not:
UAV
Counter UAV
Sentry gun
Emergency Airdrop
EMP
Nuke

Thanks for the clarification.

Papercuts

Deadly Cyclone said:
Yeah, because people will be rattling off 25 kill streaks left and right... /sarcasm.

With killstreaks that are getting people double digits kills in a minute, I think it will be more frequent than people expect.

Raxus

Papercuts said:
With killstreaks that are getting people double digits kills in a minute, I think it will be more frequent than people expect.
This. With the harrier and gunner chopper at what they are at now. You just need to earn the inital 7/6 kills, find a good hiding spot, and rack in the kills.

BTW if you have cold blooded on you are essentially immune to kill streaks (barring you run into an enemy missle).

X26

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:

seems a LOT more frequent and common than it shoudl be right now with onyl a few online, just wait until release and you'll be hearign about TONS of matches ended with an uke

Kibbles

Well I can say that in my 4 days of playing, I haven't seen a nuke go off yet. Matches have been starting up right away, there are tens of thousands who have it already.

Papercuts

Kibbles said:
Well I can say that in my 4 days of playing, I haven't seen a nuke go off yet. Matches have been starting up right away.

The frequency will likely depend on what you like to play. FFA/Team Deathmatch will likely be pretty rare. As a fan of the objective stuff I'm really not liking this since the game is just rewarding the players who go for kills instead.

kai3345

Banned
wow.....just watched the Nuke video. If geting as many kills as he got with that chopper is as easy as he makes it look I get the feeling people will be getting nukes left and right

Papercuts said:
The frequency will likely depend on what you like to play. FFA/Team Deathmatch will likely be pretty rare. As a fan of the objective stuff I'm really not liking this since the game is just rewarding the players who go for kills instead.
There's always Search and Destroy!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Anyone with the full game wanna let us know how fast choppers/air vehicles go down with anti-air missiles? One shot, one kill? Or more?

Sushen

Papercuts said:
Oh, tell me about it. There are enough people who tries to boost K/D in HQ mode already! I can't help but feel that we doomed in that regard; objective modes will be no fun with this crazy killstreak stuffs.

Raxus

Kibbles said:
Well I can say that in my 4 days of playing, I haven't seen a nuke go off yet. Matches have been starting up right away.
To unlock the killstreak you have to reach level ten and even then it isn't easy mode until you unlock the other 2.

Accident

You can kill a Harrier or a chopper with only one Javelin (Two for the AC-130 and the Pave low). When i've been playing with my friends, we destroy even the UAVs in less than 10 seconds. It's way easier to destroy the helicopters than in COD4.

edit: I mean the Stinger, i haven't unlocked the javelin yet.

Raxus

K2Valor said:
Anyone with the full game wanna let us know how fast choppers/air vehicles go down with anti-air missiles? One shot, one kill? Or more?
The initial missile sucks. Harriers go take 2 shots to go down with it It takes me usually 1 missle and about half of my M4A1 clip to take down a harrier(you only get one lol). Once you unlock the stinger you can take down heli's, harriers all with one shot (you get 2 shots). You also get 300 points for the more advanced kill streaks (50 for bringing down a UAV).

Insaniac

I do not like the fact that the nuke ENDS the game, the only disadvantage is really if your team is behind, you do not want to use that nuke, however if you've got a 25 kill streak, your team is probably not losing. I expect a lot of people to complain about the nuke soon.

vehn

well thats shitty so many are breaking the street date. Gamestop consider's it a 'perk' to break the street date for pre-orders, and walmart/ best buy /toys r us won't sell until Tuesday. Any other stores you guys know of breaking the date?

Top Bottom