• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cameron Lee leaves Bioware, wants to raise new born in big city

Zee-Row

Banned
I wonder why game companies don't bring their business to Florida. Outside of the Madden developers there could be more.

Well - I mean EAs history with all the studios they've purchased is a pretty strong indicator. To say nothing of their history with bioware (DA2).

Beyond that, I really am not in a position to say but it's not a huge leap in logic.

People leave game companies all of the time. It isn't always a sign of impending doom. And EA followed up the horribly short cycled DA2 by giving the team 3.5 years for DA:I and seems to be committed to giving developers much more reasonable dev times these days.

As for Lee- he isn't even native Canadian. He's Australian. It's possible that Edmonton just didn't turn out to be right fit for him geographically. He may not even stay in Canada though I wouldn't be shocked to find out that he's moving on to an Ubisoft studio.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Lots of misinformation peddling in this thread, as usual mainly by ex-pats, a group enriched with people who didn't like it here and left (as opposed to those of us who do, and stay).

As this is an international site and people may not have heard of our city before, allow me to present you with some actual data from the Edmonton Defense Force :)

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Cameron Lee said:
Recently I made the decision to move on from BioWare in order to join Bungie as Executive Producer and of a new project. Since I can’t give specifics of what I’ll be working on, I’ll simply say that I’m excited to join Bungie’s group incredibly talented developers. This is a group who have a long history of creating some of the biggest franchises in the video game industry so I couldn’t be more humbled by joining their ranks.
http://www.cameronleeblog.com/joining-bungie-as-executive-producer/

FyreWulff

That seems like the obvious choice, though Bungie did have the contractual option to start Marathon around this time, and Activision is running low on franchises.

Marathon project is dead at this point, i think

Some old Bungie hands came back and made a studio-within-a-studio inside Bungie right around Destiny's release, which the "Marathon clause" obviously allowed them to do or right before it, but a little after it was all shut down, about the same time they stopped ever talking about Bungie Aerospace as well.

This was all public too, not sekret insida newz

Top Bottom