• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we please stop with the whole "60 fps is not cinematic" argument.

30 is fine for most games. I don't like when game devs sacrifice visual fidelity to chase 60 when the majority of their customers don't care. Not worried about ND though. They know what they're doing.

Kariodude

Banned
30 is fine for most games. I don't like when game devs sacrifice visual fidelity to chase 60 when the majority of their customers don't care. Not worried about ND though. They know what they're doing.

The problem with what you're saying is that frame rate effects the visual fidelity. It's why a 720p game at 60fps looks better than a 1080p game at 30fps.

Thrakier

Here is the thing I don't understand, I love every horror game and almost enjoy every one of them but the only game that I couldn't enjoy was eternal darkness at first I didn't understand why but later I found out it ran at 60 frames so I thought that was it and horror games should always be 30 frames, but I read that silent hill 3 was also 60 frames so now I'm confused because I love that game.

You couldn't enjoy ED because it wasn't a great (horror) game, not because it was 60FPS.

@smoothrunninggun

The majority doesn't care because they don't know any better. Devs should know better.

Top Bottom