• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you use a PSVR and a Turtle Beach e800 set together?

Trogdor1123

I currently have the Turtle Beach e800 wireless headset and I am looking to grab a PSVR this Friday, however, I'm uncertain if they can be used at the same time. Can anyone weigh in on this?

I have a PS pro that I will be using them on.

Any wired headset, or headset with the ability to use 3.5mm jack or ear buds can be used with PSVR. Wireless headphones, even Sony's will not work with the PSVR because of the positional 3D audio.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Any wired headset, or headset with the ability to use 3.5mm jack or ear buds can be used with PSVR. Wireless headphones, even Sony's will not work with the PSVR because of the positional 3D audio.
Looked last night and it does. Hope it doesn't have some goofy pairing issue.

gspat

There's nothing to pair, just plug the headphones into the headset via the headphone jack and you're gold.

PSVR also has a microphone built-in, so the one in your headset will not be used.

Trogdor1123

There's nothing to pair, just plug the headphones into the headset via the headphone jack and you're gold.

PSVR also has a microphone built-in, so the one in your headset will not be used.
Oh that's neat.

Any tips on what to grab for games? What all can I do with the PSVR? I tried the demo and just loved it but that's only a vertical slice.

Looked last night and it does. Hope it doesn't have some goofy pairing issue.
Nope you'll be ok as long as you connect it to the PSVR headset using a cord. I only got mine in the summer and it freaked me out abit at first that new sony gold wireless headset didnt work wireless, then I realized it had to be plugged in to the headset itself for the 3D sound.

Trogdor1123

Nope you'll be ok as long as you connect it to the PSVR headset using a cord. I only got mine in the summer and it freaked me out abit at first that new sony gold wireless headset didnt work wireless, then I realized it had to be plugged in to the headset itself for the 3D sound.
Good tip, I appreciate it

Wonko_C

Oh that's neat.

Any tips on what to grab for games? What all can I do with the PSVR? I tried the demo and just loved it but that's only a vertical slice.

The PSVR OT is still active, but some personal recommendation from this year alone to whet your appetite:

-Astro Bot: pretty much PSVR's GOTY 2018
-Beat Saber: Awesome slice'em up music game.
-Tetris Effect: If you like games from Tetsuya Mizuguchi like Rez, Lumines, Child of Eden, etc.
-Wipeout Omega Collection: The best racing game in VR.
-Moss: Starring a super cute mouse, you're transported to a diorama-like fairy tale puzzle platformer.

Top Bottom