• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
Wii U E3 demos will be at Best Buy Canada locations in:

Ontario: North York, Toronto, Mississauga, Windsor, London, Ottawa, Kingston, Brampton, Oakville
Quebec: Montreal, Lasalle
Manitoba: Winnipeg
Saskatchewan: Saskatoon
Alberta: Edmonton, Calgary (2 locations)
British Columbia: Vancouver, Langley, Richmond
Nova Scotia: Dartmouth

Ontario: North York, Toronto, Mississauga, Windsor, London, Ottawa, Kingston, Brampton, Oakville

Fantastic. I'll have to stop there someday after work.

Doran902

God I need to get off Prince Edward Island.

iiicon

ugh, I'm never near the Cambie Best Buy.

zroid

Banned
(edit: misunderstood, thought you were saying there wasn't any Best Buy in North York, as opposed to there not being a "North York Best Buy" :p)

If I had to guess, I would say Leaside, because that's the same Best Buy where the Wii U Experience demo was located back in October.

(edit: misunderstood, thought you were saying there wasn't any Best Buy in North York, as opposed to there not being a "North York Best Buy" :p)

If I had to guess, I would say Leaside, because that's the same Best Buy where the Wii U Experience demo was located back in October.
I was going to bet the Yorkdale one.

DaBoss

It says it is in East York though. That is the second closest to me though. :D

I was going to bet the Yorkdale one.

Is there an actual Best Buy there?

khaaan

Awwww Yiss.

zroid

Banned
Ah yeah you're right -- that's East York. Yorkdale seems likely then.

I was thinking the one in richmond hill was included as north york, the one on hitech road. Since when does yorkdale have a best buy?

They have a best buy mobile but an actual best buy?

I would LOVE that, but I'm guessing not, lol. :p

I don't think the "Yorkdale" one is in the mall proper, but it's quite close I believe. Just on the north side of the 401.

I was thinking the one in richmond hill was included as north york, the one on hitech road. Since when does yorkdale have a best buy?

They have a best buy mobile but an actual best buy?

WEGGLES

Any place to find out which london location?

khaaan

GAF meetups at best buy? GAF meetups at best buy. If you're playing and someone leans over and whispers "NEOGAF" followed by moaning, it's me.

ohlawd

I live in the worst part of BC -_- Don't wanna travel all the way to Vancouver lols.

Do I need to do anything special for that Nintendo Zone crap? Just walk in and start that NZ app?

Sora_N

I live in the worst part of BC -_- Don't wanna travel all the way to Vancouver lols.

Do I need to do anything special for that Nintendo Zone crap? Just walk in and start that NZ app?

No you just need to use your 3DS, really simple.

Gadirok

Gonna ask this here. Does anyone know what the North York location is? There is no North York location in the store locator.

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/store-locator-view-all-stores.aspx

I see no Best Buy in North York.

Google Maps says the Downsview location is in North York, so I'm guessing it is that.

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to wait till when Best Buy Canada puts it up on their site or something.

I used to work next to that bestbuy. It was on wilson and dufferin and that's probably the one in question.

Technically that area does count as Downsview, but when alot of people confuse the entire area for North York as Downsview was small enough anyways.

DaBoss

I remember reading a way that you can access Nintendo Zone content without having to go to Best Buy. You just had to change the SSID of your router. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: That was easy.
There’s an easy way to access the Nintendo Zone without visiting Best Buy. Simply rename your router’s SSID to “attwifi”.

By doing this, you can connect to the Nintendo Zone and watch free Pokemon episodes and download game demos (without a play limit, I believe) straight from your home.
http://nintendoeverything.com/82362/how-to-access-the-nintendo-zone-from-your-home/

I used to work next to that bestbuy. It was on wilson and dufferin and that's probably the one in question.

Technically that area does count as Downsview, but when alot of people confuse the entire area for North York as Downsview was small enough anyways.

Well according to Wikipedia (yes I know) it is located in the district of North York, so yea. Thanks for sharing your insight.

Chatin

Hmm, do I consider skipping out on work to hit up a Best Buy that will likely be overcrowded depending on the location in Edmonton? I'll wait for the list of games to come out and hope it's all garbage I didn't really want to demo anyways.

DaBoss

But will he be able to get the items that the BB will be offering for AC:NL?

Well presumably, yes. Nintendo Zone seems to be like this web portal and not something that requires to be accessed locally. It seems you can download stuff from there, so yea.

Horray! I was totally expecting them to skip Saskatchewan.

Any place to find out the two Calgary locations? Hopefully there's one in the South.

Quick

Banned
So, I got Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution for $49.99 + tax earlier this week, finished Tomb Raider, and traded it back to BB for $40.00 in a gift card.

Feels great man.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, I go to UBC in the evenings so it's possible for me to stop by when they're at BB Cambie.

Fellow UBC student? Holla. Good to know Winnipeg wasn't skipped, I hope it's the BB at Polo Park.

Sweet. We always get skipped over.

Horray! I was totally expecting them to skip Saskatchewan.

A fellow Saskatoonian!

Does BB have trade 1 for 40$ as well as FS?
If so I may trade BLOPS2 both PS3 and 360 copies one at each of BB or FS or at different locations of the same store if possible.

bryehn

Gears of War Judgement, BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed 3 are all $30 at wal-mart this week.

zroid

Banned
Looks like we're being saddled with the same extreme time limitations for the Wii U E3 demos as the Americans.

The games will be playable 4-8 p.m. local time on Wednesday, June 12, and 1-5 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 15.

Top Bottom