• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Haha everything you're saying only makes sense for a physical location, not a website.

There are probably two answers to this:

1) Stores may have to give distributors purchase numbers in advance. I know in the book industry the practice used to (maybe still is) that large stores in particular signal to distributors and publishers the number they expect to order for a first run well in advance, and that sets the expectation for how big that print run is. I don't think Best Buy and Future Shop have nearly that level of control (unless the release is bilingual and there's a separate US version) but the same practices might be going on here.

2) The true facts reason: BB/FS don't want you to buy out all their pre-orders at ten bucks off because reasons.

I have no idea if either of those answers are true, but they would at least be reasons that apply to online as well as in-store.

Just ordered Tomodochi Life, since Amazon isn't price-matching that one. The 3DS and Vita selection is kind of slim, and everything else is too expensive (omg Last of Us Remastered for US MSRP? my goodness, what an amazing price drop). If the best I can do is five bucks off US MSRP for something like a Wii U game, I'd rather wait and not spend the money now.

Lexxism

Ahhhhhh! So this is Fuzzy was talking about about -$10 on shipping for every item added on cart. I got every 3 WiiU game for 44.99 ea thanks to this if FS won't fix it. Too bad I didn't pre-order MLB the show since it is out of stock. $50 for it will be sweet :(

edit: never mind. It's not really -$10 to each item added

edit2: looks like i'm pretty fine even if they don't have the 33% off for E3. $44.99 for ea WiiU game isn't that bad.

QfrKAMe.png

Pre-ordered

The last guardian (why not)
SMT V FE
MGS 5: The Phantom Pain

They're all games that aren't expected to release any time soon (well, MGS with next year being the most likely), so I figured I'd put a "finger" on these while they're on sale.

Ahhhhhh! So this is Fuzzy was talking about about -$10 on shipping for every item added on cart. I got every 3 WiiU game for 44.99 ea thanks to this if FS won't fix it. Too bad I didn't pre-order MLB the show since it is out of stock. $50 for it will be sweet :(

edit: never mind. It's not really -$10 to each item added

edit2: looks like i'm pretty fine even if they don't have the 33% off for E3. $44.99 for ea WiiU game isn't that bad.

QfrKAMe.png

Wait, this is an extra -$10? How do you do this?

Considering Mario Kart at Future Shop... though I don't even own a Wii U quite yet. :) Do you think there's chance of a better deal some time in May or June?

May as well. MK comes out before E3, so you definitely won't be able to use that deal (which is really the only chance I see of a better price for preorders coming along).

Lexxism

Wait, this is an extra -$10? How do you do this?

Nothing. I just add 3 WiiU games (FExSMT,SSB4,X) and saw the -$30 shipping. I don't know if FS will take it out or not. Hopefully they won't. I tried doing it for Bayonetta 2 and I didn't get any -$ on my shipping.

Nothing. I just add 3 WiiU games (FExSMT,SSB4,X) and saw the -$30 shipping. I don't know if FS will take it out or not. Hopefully they won't. I tried doing it for Bayonetta 2 and I didn't get any -$ on my shipping.

Yeah, I just tried adding the three games you mentioned (though not in the order you mentioned) and I'm not getting negative shipping. Sounds like a weird glitch that we can't easily take advantage of, though more research is required.

ohlawd

Preordered Demon Gaze. Coming out in two days, and I get it for $10 cheaper? Totally worth it.

oh shit. I can order from FS, play with it after finishing Etrian Odyssey III then return the copy that comes with the Limited Edition. zomg zomg zomg.

Mario Golf is still sold out tho. fuuuuck

-Deimos

We can't cancel FS orders online? I was thinking about canceling my E3 Watch Dogs order and getting the new one for that extra dlc thing.

Tagg9

We can't cancel FS orders online? I was thinking about canceling my E3 Watch Dogs order and getting the new one for that extra dlc thing.

You can cancel an order online. Go to the "My Orders" page, click on an order, then scroll down and click on "Cancel Order" in the bottom right.

-Deimos

You can cancel an order online. Go to the "My Orders" page, click on an order, then scroll down and click on "Cancel Order" in the bottom right.

There's no option for that. Probably because some other games from that order have already been released. Did the E3 Watch Dogs preorder have any bonuses?

Edit: There's a cancel option in the order email. Nope, still can't.

Tagg9

There's no option for that. Probably because some other games from that order have already been released. Did the E3 Watch Dogs preorder have any bonuses?

Edit: There's a cancel option in the order email. Nope, still can't.

You can't cancel an order that has been partly fulfilled.

jholmes

Pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 at FS.
That $10 is a lot better for me than the 15% from BB, since I could just save 15% at my own job, lol

The difference between $10 and 15% on a $55 game is just 25 cents. Or at least it is here in Ontario -- maybe the tax difference in another province would change that.

Tagg9

Meh, I bought it. Comes to ~$2.50 with shipping.

I played Galaxy ages ago (played at a friend's house before I actually owned a Wii), and I have the second game so this will complete the collection.

ohlawd

lol

If you own a Wii/Wii U, have not played SMG1 and don't want that deal, wtf get out pls

I own it already but iunno, the red, man.

edit: k good, it's sold out hahah

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Meh, I bought it. Comes to ~$2.50 with shipping.

I played Galaxy ages ago (played at a friend's house before I actually owned a Wii), and I have the second game so this will complete the collection.
Glad at least somebody got one. Enjoy it.

iphys

Appreciation is weird. Check out Pikmin 2. Was in stock everywhere for months, then it disappeared and now sells for $40.

Lol, probably all the people that never heard of Pikmin till Pikmin 3 came out, and then either didn't have a Wii U to play Pikmin 3 or wanted to go back and play Pikmin 2 after playing Pikmin 3.

Ms. Tea

Lucked out and got one of the $2.50 Mario Galaxies. I'm interested in finally playing it; I only played the first bit of it years ago and kept meaning to get around to finishing.

lionpants

I'm looking to buy a new PS Vita in Ontario. I want the OLED screen before it is replaced by the LCD screen.

The weird thing is, all the bundles on amazon.ca are out of stock and I can't find any at ebgames.ca

Anyone know what's up with this? Where can I buy an OLED Vita in Canada?

EDIT: Found this one, I guess I'd have to buy a separate memory card as well?

Lexxism

I'm looking to buy a new PS Vita in Ontario. I want the OLED screen before it is replaced by the LCD screen.

The weird thing is, all the bundles on amazon.ca are out of stock and I can't find any at ebgames.ca

Toys R Us?

edit: Yeah. That's unit only. You need to buy a separate memory card.

Not that weird, the OLED models have probably been on clearance for a while as Sony likely had a lot of Vitas in the retail channel already and needed them gone before the new version comes out in a few weeks.

That said, some other (in-store, don't trust the online site) options you could try include Target, Shoppers Drug Mart (or London Drugs in the West) and Real Canadian Superstore. Costco too, if you have a membership. But it's also entirely possible that all those places cleared out their Vitas long ago.

My Live account used to be US based until recently and these are US codes, I think it's the same though!

Ah, they should work. Although, USD makes it the same as Costco's price. Damn CAD. :(

Future Shop doesn't price match Costco, for the poster who asked earlier.

The Live Gold codes do work North America wide, however the points cards were region specific.

I still have an American Xbox Live account and I just bought a code from Costco Canada online last month and it worked.

If you dont mind, look for brand new Vita's on kijiji, they usually come bundled with a memory card.

Top Bottom