• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTails

So what do you think is going to happen to game prices for us now that Drumpf is president? He's pro oil and drilling so that could bode well for our oil industry = increasing Canadian dollar maybe?

The problem is, US Shale and other producers are still cheaper to produce per barrel than the oil sands. With Saudi cutting production, the Supply/Demand balance will start to normalize, driving up the price of oil. But if Trump's de-regulation policies take effect and increase oil production in the US, that means there'll be more supply than demand, and we still won't be expensive enough for Canadian oil to make a huge dent.

Kyolux

Guys... what do I need if I trade-in a wii? Power supply, the wii unit, the IR bar?

Do I need to include a wiimote and the component cables?

antibolo

Banned
From RFD, some people are getting the $50 off + the $210, some aren't, one guy got $175 + $50 off.

Lol EB, what are you doing >.>

I think one should probably bring a printed copy of all the promos with them at the store, to be sure the clerk can be made aware of them.

I texted my friend who works there and included a screenshot of the promo page on their site, where it states the promo's details. Haven't heard back yet.

Returners

I got charged 303.87, which is basically:

499.99 * 1.13 - 50 (the amount I put down for a preorder) - 210

Thinking about going back and getting that 10% + 50 bucks.

So, $500 - $237 = $263....

How much is Uncharted 4 worth? Or should I sell on Kijiji?

Suppose I get $40 for UC4... That's $220

Now if I sell my PS3 for $100... that's $120

Omg, I wonder if this is possible

Edit:Oh no, is it over? Im not seeing a trade in link on EB Games

I got charged 303.87, which is basically:

499.99 * 1.13 - 50 (the amount I put down for a preorder) - 210

Thinking about going back and getting that 10% + 50 bucks.

i did the same... i put down $50 when i pre-ordered, so after trading in my launch ps4 my total was just under $250 after taxes

whats the 10% + 50 bucks thing you're talking about?

I'm contemplating going back, but don't feel like driving for another 40 minutes and taking the system back in. I'll wait to hear from her.

Hopefully they'll give me the $50 if I just bring the bill in.

Returners

Huh, they shouldn't have charged tax on the full 499.99.

They charging after everything was what I had originally expected.

I just re-read their promos page. The 210 promo cannot be combined with this 10% + 50 bucks promo at all.

My question is: How much does the PS4 usually trade in for @EB?

EDIT: i.e. if the PS4 trade in + 50 + 10% of the addition > 210, then it's worth it no?

Moltenix

FYI. The min $8 value list is up now.

Sweet, I got some older stuff that's on the list.

They charging after everything was what I had originally expected.

I just re-read their promos page. The 210 promo cannot be combined with this 10% + 50 bucks promo at all.

My question is: How much does the PS4 usually trade in for @EB?

EDIT: i.e. if the PS4 trade in + 50 + 10% of the addition > 210, then it's worth it no?

Maybe that's the 175 + 50 some people are getting? Kinda defeats the purpose of the $210 deal if so.

At least my PS4's box won't have Knack on it anymore :)

That is rude.

2394539-4116926733-knack.gif

just wondering , if i was to buy the PS4 Pro at SDM on the 20x day event, i take it i cant use the same points earned with that same purchase to decrease the price of the PS4 correct?

Returners

On my way to EB to sort this out. I called them and they said that the trade in credit comes off the base price and tax is added after.

My receipt will say otherwise.

Just a heads-up for anyone in the Surrey area, Guildford Mall Walmart has ZERO Nes Classics. They received none. Probably just going to wait out front the Best Buy at Surrey Central before it opens and hope for the best.

On my way to EB to sort this out. I called them and they said that the trade in credit comes off the base price and tax is added after.

My receipt will say otherwise.

They do take the trade credit off the base price and tax is added at the end of your transaction on the remaining balance that you pay.

From RFD, some people are getting the $50 off + the $210, some aren't, one guy got $175 + $50 off.

Lol EB, what are you doing >.>

Traded in xbox1, not sure if it was any different, but heres what happened:
-$50 off Pro
-20% platinum card bump to console ($170-something plus 20%)
-50% bump to game trade ins

My understanding was that you can combine 2 promos, but not 3? I dunno.

-$50 off Pro

So how much did you get in total for the console? $260?

Moltenix

-$50 off Pro

Hmm, shouldn't they have applied this promo too then:

Seems like you should've gotten 10% in addition to your platinum 20%. Unless the 170-something includes that already?

2)Level-Up Your Console:

Eligible consoles will receive a 10% increase plus their EDGE membership bonus. Eligible consoles include PS4, XB1, 3DS, 3DS XL, “new” 3DS, “new” 3DS XL, 2DS, and Wii U. Ineligible consoles that are normally accepted can still be traded to help reduce the price but will receive no trade bonus other than from the associated EDGE membership.

Quick

Banned
Well, as far as I know you don't get taxed on the trade credit. So you get the $210 and don't pay tax on it. That essentially gives you $237 off of the price.

When you save 210$ on 499.99$, you are saving the tax on that 210$. Normal total price is 499.99$+tx = 564.99$, total with trade in 327.68$ --> total savings: 564.99$-327.68$ = 237.31$

The $240 is not the price he paid for. That's the total discount he got. $210 + 13%.

Thanks fellas. Got really confused about that.

Called my local EB, they're down to 6 PS4 Pros. Might pull the trigger tonight if I can back up my saves and screenshots. I don't mind re-downloading games and other data. Also gotta swap out the hard drive with the original 500GB, since I upgraded it to a 2TB.

Also, if you get a Pro make sure that EB gives you a coupon for $5 off a PSVR game. My EB had forgotten about them, as they were stressed out.

They remembered while I was checking out, but I don't have PSVR.

I also got thumbgrips.

EDIT: I'm tempted to use the rest of my credit and buy another one, then sell it on Kijiji for face value.

Returners

They take the $210 off of the price, then you're billed the rest. Tax is only added onto what you pay.

So... tldr: ended up getting all 3 stacked. 210 + 10% + 50. Final total is around 250 tax included for my pro.

Long version: They didn't apply the 50 dollars I put down for the Pro.

Their calculation was already 210 + 10% = 231 for the PS4.

Went in and they gave me the promo 50+tax + the original 50 I put down.

antibolo

Banned
I wonder if I can convince the clerk at EBGames to break street date and sell me a NES classic tonight (assuming they received any)...

Also I hope it won't be too crowded tonight...

So... tldr: ended up getting all 3 stacked. 210 + 10% + 50. Final total is around 250 tax included for my pro.

Long version: They didn't apply the 50 dollars I put down for the Pro.

Their calculation was already 210 + 10% = 231 for the PS4.

Went in and they gave me the promo 50+tax + the original 50 I put down.

Nice. I'm jelly.

Samyy

If anyone is thinking of selling their old PS4 and live around Toronto let me know, I may be interested depending on the price!

Geez, maybe I should take advantage of this Pro offer. I have games I need to offload and a 4KTV will be purchased in the coming months.

I need to negotiate with a 16 year old first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom