• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

There is so much going on in such a short time during the end of February and early march that I feel like I'm drowning.

The switch launch is bad enough by itself, and then their are also other games coming like
Story of seasons trio of towns and Atelier Firis which I got a prime trial membership for which I'll have to pay for if I decided to stay prime.

Then throw in the extra stuff like new amiibo and constant new temptations I hadn't originally planned for popping up left and right like and I'm just not sure what to do about it.

Stage On

I'm gonna leave this decision up to you guys because I'm indecisive:

I prefer to have physical version of games whenever possible (often in case I really like them and don't want to worry about losing the license in the future)... But I have $46.07 in accumulated PSN Credit, and I've heard good things about Yakuza 0.

Do I cave and get the game on PSN? Or save that money for Game DLC? (Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, NieR: Automata)

I'm in the same boat! I prefer physical copies of games.

At that price I'd advice you to save your psn funds for the dlc. As a collector it's just not worth going digital unless there is a substantial price difference (ie $12 or less for the digital copy when a physical one is still going for $60 or more) and even then I'd still only do it if it's something I don't mind out lost on having a hard copy of.

tiijj

It seems like amazon lowered down the price of lego city undercover to the original prime error.

Hello,

We're writing about #000-0000000-0000000 for the following item: Lego City Undercover Nintendo Switch. A recent error caused the price to increase in your order summary. We've lowered the price to the amount of your original order.

Our pre-order price guarantee remains in effect for this item. The price we charge when we ship this order to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.ca between now and the end of the day of the release date.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.ca

There's no prime discount but the price was dropped to the price less the prime discount error. Good thing I didn't cancel it. lol

It seems like amazon lowered down the price of lego city undercover to the original prime error.

There's no prime discount but the price was dropped to the price less the prime discount error. Good thing I didn't cancel it. lol

I'll have to ask my brother about this later today. He ordered it for me because he has prime. When he checked the price like two days ago, it was around $38.

tiijj

I made a mistake it is still more expensive than before. It did go from ~$38 to ~$31 right now, still not as good as the one from before which is ~$27. Those are prices with tax. So right now it is still $4.06 more expensive.

I prefer to have physical version of games whenever possible (often in case I really like them and don't want to worry about losing the license in the future)... But I have $46.07 in accumulated PSN Credit, and I've heard good things about Yakuza 0.

Do I cave and get the game on PSN? Or save that money for Game DLC? (Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, NieR: Automata)

Keep it for dlc/digital-only games.

Yakuza 0 is a fucking brilliant game so yes you should get it. Don't know if you want to drive into a game that big though when Nier is so close since it seems like you're going to play that asap.

I'm also all digital when it comes to games so maybe I'm biased.

Get the game on PSN, your worries are silly and unfounded.

Cru Jones

I made a mistake it is still more expensive than before. It did go from ~$38 to ~$31 right now, still not as good as the one from before which is ~$27. Those are prices with tax. So right now it is still $4.06 more expensive.

Price error price was $27.58 per-tax which came to $31.17 with tax. If your order is showing up as ~$31 then that is correct.

tiijj

Price error price was $27.58 per-tax which came to $31.17 with tax. If your order is showing up as ~$31 then that is correct.

I got this on my old receipt.

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 56.00
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 3.12
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 27.11

Sealtest

I got this on my old receipt.

Yup Item was $27.11 tax in before the price drop. But I'm not complaining. I was fine it being $38 seeing was we all took advantage of a price error that amazon could've fixed by cancelling all the preorders.

tiijj

Yup Item was $27.11 tax in before the price drop. But I'm not complaining. I was fine it being $38 seeing was we all took advantage of a price error that amazon could've fixed by cancelling all the preorders.

It's better than nothing.

You gotta give it to amazon, they didn't have to lower down the price from $38 to $31 and they did this out of the blue.

CRA5H

EB preorder question..
I traded in games for the switch but there's some balance left over. Let's say I have $300 of the $400 cost paid off in trade ins. Does that mean I pay $100 plus tax on the $100 remainder?

If so, I might consider trading in a few more things to make up that $100 to avoid paying the tax.

Lexxism

EB preorder question..
I traded in games for the switch but there's some balance left over. Let's say I have $300 of the $400 cost paid off in trade ins. Does that mean I pay $100 plus tax on the $100 remainder?

If so, I might consider trading in a few more things to make up that $100 to avoid paying the tax.
Yes, it is $100+tax.

FN-2187

I miss the time when this thread was about Deals and not about Amazon shipping and Switch pre-oders.

:(

Any deals going on right now ?

I miss deals as well. Seems like most of the best deals are digital now. However, I still enjoy reading this thread for hearing retail experiences and other general game-buying talk from fellow Canadians.

NEW DEAL

Source is doing their $25 off any purchase of $50 promo again this weekend.

0Oo2bIgl.png

Literally just show them this link to get the discount, no code or anything required on your part.

Sealtest

NEW DEAL

Source is doing their $25 off any purchase of $50 promo again this weekend.

0Oo2bIgl.png

Literally just show them this link to get the discount, no code or anything required on your part.

What are the odds of them letting me buy a $50 eshop giftcard and getting $25 off?

Edit - NVM read the fine print, No gift cards :(

So my Lego City Undercover Switch order with Amazon got adjusted again, they gave me 10$ back as I had already paid it off with my gift card balance.

WTH are they doing with this game lol

leeman

Looks like BotW Deluxe is indeed 3/31. Time to order the standard version for day 1?

Yup, my current plan (assuming the Deluxe guide goes down a bit in price), is to pick up the hardcover collector's edition day 1 (since it's only $10 more than the standard version), then the Deluxe version when it comes out. It's not like I would want to heavily use the Deluxe version anyway, it's a collector's item.

Kyolux

Was trying to read the fallout 4 jank thread on my phone, but one of the ads on the page keeps sending me to spam / crapware stuff.

Anyone else had this problem today?

killroy87

Was trying to read the fallout 4 jank thread on my phone, but one of the ads on the page keeps sending me to spam / crapware stuff.

Anyone else had this problem today?

Yup, sure have. Super annoying. It's an ad that's impossible to get out of, I need to close the tab and reload Gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom