• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
God lord, most of the games in that $12 trade-in list are still very recent. This is awful value.

Anyway I don't have any of the games listed that I'm willing to give up, so I'm back to square one.

(In any case I don't do business with EBGames unless I'm absolutely left with no alternative. Fuck that company.)

God lord, most of the games in that $12 trade-in list are still very recent. This is awful value.

Anyway I don't have any of the games listed that I'm willing to give up, so I'm back to square one.

I think someone said that the $10 for any x1/ps4 game worked for getting one of these as the value would go up to $20 due to the switch promo.

No_Style

lol was browsing the RFD EB trade-in thread out of curiousity. Some dude apparently bought a bunch cheapo game off eBay and Kijiji to trade in. Lost money due to the early cut-off of the deal then went mad. LOL.

Haha... One dude is going to complain to the Competition Bureau or something out of principle.

However, these fools are arguing two different promos and EB Games covered themselves. The Double Credit Towards Switch has fine print which allows them to change stuff whenever. The EB Games minimum $10 TIV continues even when the Double Credit Switch promo ends.

joedick

(In any case I don't do business with EBGames unless I'm absolutely left with no alternative. Fuck that company.)

Where can we find a list of trade in values? I poked around the site but can't seem to find it.

Dazzler

look there's nothing wrong with getting deals, but the length some people go to on RFD to save a few bucks makes me think they're suffering from some sort of mental condition

X-Factor

Get the Hori licensed hard pouch instead. The official Nintendo made case is lousy.

Has anyone found a store in downtown Toronto carrying the official Switch case? Thing is impossible to find. I'd also go for the PDP case if it's the one without a design in it (Zelda, Mario, etc)

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
look there's nothing wrong with getting deals, but the length some people go to on RFD to save a few bucks makes me think they're suffering from some sort of mental condition

The return on investment boggles my mind versus the effort and time alone involved with trying to come out ahead all the time. Coupled with the flippers/sellers are always reliant on a limited window of opportunity.

I still maintain that if anyone believes Canada is full of great people that they should either move to Alberta or visit RFD.

Ventara

Welp, did my final trade-ins for the Switch promo. PS4 games became $20 each. They didn't have The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 in their system, so couldn't trade that. Also, before the double up,

Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) - $18
Mario Maker (Wii U) - $26

It's funny that there are so many trade-in deals for the Switch but they don't have the stock to even justify said promotion.

I'd gladly take advantage of them but once again, nothing in stock.

Sora_N

Yeah I stopped going to RFD for years. I check once in a while only.

Get the Hori licensed hard pouch instead. The official Nintendo made case is lousy.

All reviews seem to trash it so I ended up buying the Link's Tunic case from the Nintendo store. It was pretty expensive at 40 plus shipping but there's room for accessories.

killroy87

Whatever people do, stay away from this case. There are three different designs here (this one, Zelda, and one with Mario-themed icons), but they're all the same case, and it's terrible. Really poor protection, nothing specific to guard the screen (whole system just goes into a mesh netting), and no space for accessories. Only benefit is that it can holda bunch of game carts, but that's not nearly enough.

I was taken by the design of this case, but it's really poorly featured.

Whatever people do, stay away from this case. There are three different designs here (this one, Zelda, and one with Mario-themed icons), but they're all the same case, and it's terrible. Really poor protection, nothing specific to guard the screen (whole system just goes into a mesh netting), and no space for accessories. Only benefit is that it can holda bunch of game carts, but that's not nearly enough.

Aw really? I was hoping for this one.

soultron

Banned
Not sure if this will help anyone, but I finally received my HORI Switch Screen Protector (normal, not premium) from Amazon today. If you've ordered one, hopefully it will get to you soon!
Now if ORLOYSLZY could finally get theirs over to me.

X-Factor

Kind of pointless because Nioh has a season pass of DLC content.

EDIT: It seems to cover the DLC content too.

" Covering not only the base game but all three of the upcoming story DLCs and PVP additions, this book will arm you with the knowledge to send samurai, Yokai and other online players back to the world of spirits."

Not sure if its been posted already, but for anyone that's been wondering:

The Nioh guide from Future Press is up for pre-order on amazon.ca.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/3869930837/

$43.19.

antibolo

Banned

Everyone should stay away from PDP products altogether.

Jamaal23

Neo Member

Ah, good ol' PDP. Am always interested in hearing user feedback for their products. Know these pass whatever consumer safety requirements due to my job, but the testing our labs do over in Asia don't tell me anything about how well designed their products are for the actual intended end use. Personally like sticking with official gear, so have never tried their stuff myself.

speiky

I think we've been had, Orzly marks as shipped while they haven't shipped crap.

I found a link on amazon.com for the amFilm that ships to Canada, ended up paying 20 bucks with shipping but I'll get it in 7 days top.
Ordered it too. Back in stock went from March 19th to 21st and now it says it doesn't ship to Canada?
Wth...it did before.

Kind of pointless because Nioh has a season pass of DLC content.

EDIT: It seems to cover the DLC content too.

" Covering not only the base game but all three of the upcoming story DLCs and PVP additions, this book will arm you with the knowledge to send samurai, Yokai and other online players back to the world of spirits."

yes it does, which is why it took a while to get released, even after the game already came out.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I finally received my HORI Switch Screen Protector (normal, not premium) from Amazon today. If you've ordered one, hopefully it will get to you soon!
Now if ORLOYSLZY could finally get theirs over to me.

The Hori one has held up well. Will probably sell my orzly one when it shows up

Moltenix

Just swapped Zelda U ($80) for Switch version and put $44 towards MK8D from trading MK8 U.

Now I just need one of those mythical Switch consoles to be in stock somewhere...

Max_Po

Banned
Just swapped Zelda U ($80) for Switch version and put $44 towards MK8D from trading MK8 U.

Now I just need one of those mythical Switch consoles to be in stock somewhere...

@ Ebgames, did you have to pay Tax?

I have the pre order from FutureShop and I would love to get the Switch Version.

jholmes

Anyone know if the BotW season pass available at EB is Switch only or if it works on Wii U? Not convinced I'll get it but I'd at least mull it over.

mdubs

Banned
They changed $10 minimum to actually be a promo

C6_rktzWYAEd3Na.jpg:large

FN-2187

Still waiting for somewhere to have a deal on PS4 Pro. Not paying $500 for a console without a game.

I find it very odd how Sony has marketed that system. Sometimes it seems like they almost don't want you to buy it. Never seen a commercial for it. Never seen a bundle. Some stores don't even carry it. There has never been a temporary price drop, even by $50, like they do with the standard PS4 all the time. Apparently it also makes a pretty big difference with PSVR, but they never talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom