• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

My Futureshop order comes to an end with Mass Effect... it's showing up on the Best Buy website at 79.99... does anyone else have this issue? I called them and they said they can't do it and can only offer a refund after charging my CC the full amount... I don't trust them, is this how Best Buy has been handling the FS E3 deal?
No. It should be showing the discounted price. At least that's how my FS E3 orders.

iphys

Tqj5CUB.png

The CAD eShop have such weird pricing. The three titles from Tomorrow Corporation are all 9.99 each on the US store, yet Human Resource Machine is a buck lower for whatever reason (not that I'm complaining).

Bought Human Resource Machine right away in case it was a mistake, but the price is consistent with the Wii U price, not that it stopped them from raising the price of Little Inferno from the $10 Wii U price.

No. It should be showing the discounted price. At least that's how my FS E3 orders.

Same, every Futureshop E3 order I have/had shows the discounted price.

UPDATE: There was a character on the receipt that was a bit off. Nintendo sent me the proper code, and it works.

Big Chungus

i signed up for shaws wide open internet(150down/15up) and ive been getting terrible speeds...20mbps download

anyone else with shaw and having problems?

antibolo

Banned
I'm tempting in getting Human Resource Machine on Switch, but I also have an iPad and am wondering if there is any real advantage to the Switch version (which is also more expensive, of course). I mean it's just a touchscreen game isn't it?

Bought Human Resource Machine right away in case it was a mistake, but the price is consistent with the Wii U price, not that it stopped them from raising the price of Little Inferno from the $10 Wii U price.

I bought it too, it's the same price on steam in Canadian Dollars so that seems more than fair to me

Lizardus

Got this email from Amazon.

Legend of Zelda: 30th Anniversary Concert "Legend of Zelda: 30th Anniversary Concert"
Estimated arrival date: March 22, 2017 - March 24, 2017

Kitsune86

Neo Member
EB games here in Calgary had switches arrive today... they lasted 10 minutes. Why do I get the feeling this is the Wii rush all over again?

EB games here in Calgary had switches arrive today... they lasted 10 minutes. Why do I get the feeling this is the Wii rush all over again?

Saw some guy asking about them in-store yesterday. He wanted to preorder a switch from the next batch but he couldn't. The clerk said he had no idea when the next batch was coming in either, told the guy 4 weeks or more based on Sony's PS4 restocks. Poor guy probably missed out on today's batch too lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Any vehicle connoisseurs here?
I think I've narrowed it down between a Chevrolet Cruze and Mazda 3, both hatch/sportback or whatever.
Any advice?
Or other recommendations?

i-Lo

I think I've narrowed it down between a Chevrolet Cruze and Mazda 3, both hatch/sportback or whatever.
Any advice?

If it's more head than heart when it comes down to it then:

Insurance premium (presumably replacement cost)
Gas mileage
Frills and features for the price
Certified service outlets
Safety rating
Resale value
Warranty

Personally, I'd go with the Mazda w/o having done research and just instinct.

Cru Jones

Man, talking with an amazon.ca CSR right now about my binding of isaac not having shipped yet:

Manesa: Thank you. If you would give me a moment to look into everything and I'll be right back with you.
Me: thanks
Manesa: You're welcome. Just a moment.
Is Priority shipping faster than Express? I always get those mixed up.
Me: I don't know
Manesa: Give me just a second and I'll find out.

Why would he be asking me about their shipping?

etta

my hard graphic balls
If it's more head than heart when it comes down to it then:

Insurance premium (presumably replacement cost)
Gas mileage
Frills and features for the price
Certified service outlets
Safety rating
Resale value
Warranty

Personally, I'd go with the Mazda w/o having done research and just instinct.

Mazda hands down.

Yea I was leaning on Mazda but a coworker of mine got a Cruze hatchback recently and she says it drives really nicely. I really like the looks of it, too. And the interior doesn't look that much different to the Mazda to me. But then again when it comes to the engine and transmission, the Japanese Mazda would probably win easily.

Kyolux

Mazda if it's between those two.

I'm driving a Nissan Versa Note and it's in the same range (as is the Toyota Yaris) and I'm really still loving it 3 years in.

Any advice?

Have you driven them both? I haven't looked in that segment but I would also maybe check out Hyundai, among others. You get a lot of features for your money with them.

Lothars

I don't think it will be especially considering that this is launch month if it's like this until fall than maybe but I'm doubtful it will stay constantly sold out.

Cru Jones

Is this Amazon CSR just messing with me at this point?

Manesa: One moment.
I'm going to reach out and see what's causing the delay in the system, ok?

Me: ok

<5 minutes goes by>

Manesa: Just waiting a response, Patrick. Thanks for your patience.

Me: ok

<5 minutes goes by>

Manesa: Said they are checking on it now.
Sorry about the delay.

Me: no problem

<a couple more minutes goes by>

Manesa: Okay.
Because the release date falls on a holiday, the item won't be shipped on that date, but the next business day, which would be Monday. Then I can get it delivered Tuesday.
That's what is happening with this order.

Me: What holiday?

Manesa: St Patrick's Day is a Public Holiday.

Me: no it isn't

Manesa: That's what the shipping facility told us. That the item isn't shipping due to the holiday.

Me: Can I please have this escalated to a manager?

Cru Jones

It's a holiday in Newfoundland :)

LOL, that's what he told me:

Jeffery: Thank you for allowing me to review the prior chat. I had to Google this one. According to Canadian holidays " St Patrick's Day is an official holiday in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is observed by the provincial government, " However I don't think this quite addresses your issue. I am looking see if their may be an issue with order quantity in the Fulfillment center. One moment please.

Me: Is the fulfillment center in Newfoundland or Labrador? My understanding is that it's in Ontario and British Columbia

Jeffery: I do apologize there is quantity of this item that is being released. As orders have been taken they are being released in that order. Looking at your order it was placed on 03/14/17, it is line for shipment but it will be sent out in the order that it was placed. I apologize for the delay. As a concession to the account for the delay I have adjusted the price of the item to $34.99 Your order total is now 39.54 Again I do apologize for any inconvenience they may have caused.

I ended up canceling and them giving me a $20 promotional certificate. I guess I'm going digital tomorrow.

Edit: Haha, he just ended the conversation with this

Jeffery: No worries I have sent you an email confirmation for the promotional certificate. Hope you have a good St. Patrick's Day.

Socreges

Banned
Man, talking with an amazon.ca CSR right now about my binding of isaac not having shipped yet:

Why would he be asking me about their shipping?

Is this Amazon CSR just messing with me at this point?

LOL, that's what he told me:

I ended up canceling and them giving me a $20 promotional certificate. I guess I'm going digital tomorrow.

Edit: Haha, he just ended the conversation with this
Kind, incompetent people are the best. Seriously.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I cancelled my Best Buy Horizon pre-order (!!!) today because it STILL hasn't gotten here, hasn't shipped and I haven't even been charged yet. I called in three times, was told it was escalated but no move on any front. I picked the game up in-store on launch day so the 14-day return on that had passed anyway (for me to just return the pre-ordered copy and keep the controller skin).

Fuck Best Buy.

If they mess up my ME:A pre-order the same way I'll send them some VERY angry e-mails.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Any advice?

Go Toyota. Stay away from Mazda, they're rust buckets and Chevrolet's will break down and cost a fortune is repairs.

Toyota Corolla.

Fularu

Banned
Go Toyota. Stay away from Mazda, they're rust buckets and Chevrolet's will break down and cost a fortune is repairs.

Toyota Corolla.

Mazda cars haven't had rust issues since 2010. Stop with the old myths. Especially "go with Toyota" those cars are bland and as uninspired as can be.

The Mazda 3 is probably the best bang for your buck you can get right now.

Edit : I have a 2010 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback, it's an amazing car

Any advice?

Go to indigo and get the consumer reports buyers guide and/or the Lemon-aid car guide. Best $30 investment. Actual survey data on reliability rather than anecdotes.

Plus consider the honda brand (civic hatch, or the Fit).

NYR

Fuuuck. Just watched those Mass Effect meme compilation videos on YouTube. Canceled my pre order. :(

Really dissapointed. Will re order via Amazon 2 week pre order price guarantee if the reviews are stellar.

Fuuuck. Just watched those Mass Effect meme compilation videos on YouTube. Canceled my pre order. :(

Really dissapointed. Will re order via Amazon 2 week pre order price guarantee if the reviews are stellar.

As bad as the faces and character creator are I'm actually having a lot of fun with andromeda I've nearly maxed out my trial timer

Madness

As bad as the faces and character creator are I'm actually having a lot of fun with andromeda I've nearly maxed out my trial timer

I mean you can have fun with the game sure, but as a giant fan, it looks so sloppy. 5+ years for this? The writing is ridiculously poor, voice acting isn't that great, animations are janky and poor, exploration is basically scan and defend, or traverse and defeat these 3 waves and move on. Very poor UI and traversal. It literally takes like 10 steps and loading screens to from say the Nexus to the planet etc. I am keeping my preorder because it is only like $40 CAD. But I wouldn't pay full price for this or buy at launch. Supposedly it gets better though. Just expected more. Now I know why they didn't really show anything until recently and all those rumors of development issues were true.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So I recently ordered a bunch of foam acoustic panels from Amazon and they charged me an exorbitant Environmental Handling Fee for them...

What kind of bullshit is Amazon trying to pull? Why the hell should foam acoustic panels have anything to do with an electronics recycling fee?

Has anyone here ever successfully gotten a refund on a bullshit tacked on fee like this?

Kitsune86

Neo Member
So I recently ordered a bunch of foam acoustic panels from Amazon and they charged me an exorbitant Environmental Handling Fee for them...

What kind of bullshit is Amazon trying to pull? Why the hell should foam acoustic panels have anything to do with an electronics recycling fee?

Has anyone here ever successfully gotten a refund on a bullshit tacked on fee like this?

Depending on what province you live in the few might have been leglistlated because the foam is related to home threatre equipment even tho it isn't a piece of electronics itself.

For example home threatre products in Ontario are subject to a $5 handling fee. Source: http://ontarioelectronicstewardship...2016/07/EHF_Consumer_Brochure_August_2016.pdf

Those fees go to providing free electronic recycling programs to keep non biodegradable and toxic crap out of landfills. Why not just do your part and help support them? It's $5&#9996;&#65039;&#65039;

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
For example home threatre products in Ontario are subject to a $5 handling fee. Source: http://ontarioelectronicstewardship...2016/07/EHF_Consumer_Brochure_August_2016.pdf

I have already gone through that brochure multiple times, nowhere on it do I see any mention of foam panels or anything that would hint towards foam panels being eligible for the fee.

Those fees go to providing free electronic recycling programs to keep non biodegradable and toxic crap out of landfills. Why not just do your part and help support them? It's $5&#9996;&#65039;&#65039;

Because I already have paid hundreds of dollars in EHF for actual electronics that I have purchased(which I don't have a problem with)?

Go to indigo and get the consumer reports buyers guide and/or the Lemon-aid car guide. Best $30 investment. Actual survey data on reliability rather than anecdotes.

Plus consider the honda brand (civic hatch, or the Fit).

QFT. Although after reading this thread I went and did a price compare between the Cruze and the Civic hatch and they are pretty similar. They are VERY competitively priced and the feature parity is nuts. Actually across like the 4 brands I would consider (GM, Honda, Hyundai and Mazda), the competition is insane. I was waiting until next winter to get a new car but now I might see if good deals pop up this summer, I am in the market for a hatchback/CUV.

Based on what I see, biggest difference is for this M/Y the Civic and Honda hatches have Android Auto/CarPlay standard, but Mazda and Hyundai look like they are lagging behind there. Otherwise it will come down to convenience features and personal taste. Personally I cant live with a car that doesnt have cruise control b/c I frequently go camping/hiking and those drives are like 2.5 hrs long. If you are a manual transmission driver like me, Mazda and Honda would be my two choices, if you need an auto then Hyundai and Chevy would be the other two.

I honestly did not realize the hatch arena had heated up this much, I might have to set aside a chunk of my tax return this year for a new car down payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom