• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPoncho

Neo Member
So Amazon continues to amaze me... Yesterday my order should be here today...So I email back to say it hasn't shipped wtf? Today I get

I've checked the release date of this game and see that it is releasing on March 21 2017

From your comments I understand that you'd like your order to be delivered on the release date, however I've checked and see that you've selected "Express shipping" as shipping speed for this order.

I'd like to bring to your kind attention that Pre-orders work a bit differently than normal orders placed on our website.

The procedure that is followed for fulfilling pre-orders is "First Come First Serve Basis" and we have received huge orders for this item.

I'd also like to bring to your kind attention that if the item is available for release day delivery it will be mentioned on the product detail page on our website and the release day delivery will also be communicated to the customers in the order confirmation email.

The customers who have placed and selected "One day or Two day shipping" as the shipping method within the release day delivery time line have received their orders.

There are still many orders for this item that are to be shipped and as soon as we receive more inventory for this item from our suppliers we'll ship your order on priority.

However I've checked and see that the estimated Delivery Date is Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Kindly note that the above date is the maximum waiting period for your order to arrive and it may even be delivered before this date.

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

I ordered this e3 2015...

Iced

I got it to add to my cart at one point, but as I was checking out it said there was an error and that it's not in stock.

So Amazon continues to amaze me... Yesterday my order should be here today...So I email back to say it hasn't shipped wtf? Today I get

I've checked the release date of this game and see that it is releasing on March 21 2017

From your comments I understand that you'd like your order to be delivered on the release date, however I've checked and see that you've selected "Express shipping" as shipping speed for this order.

I'd like to bring to your kind attention that Pre-orders work a bit differently than normal orders placed on our website.

The procedure that is followed for fulfilling pre-orders is "First Come First Serve Basis" and we have received huge orders for this item.

I'd also like to bring to your kind attention that if the item is available for release day delivery it will be mentioned on the product detail page on our website and the release day delivery will also be communicated to the customers in the order confirmation email.

The customers who have placed and selected "One day or Two day shipping" as the shipping method within the release day delivery time line have received their orders.

There are still many orders for this item that are to be shipped and as soon as we receive more inventory for this item from our suppliers we'll ship your order on priority.

However I've checked and see that the estimated Delivery Date is Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Kindly note that the above date is the maximum waiting period for your order to arrive and it may even be delivered before this date.

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

I have two day shipping on my Mass Effect and nothing today despite saying it is going to arrive today.

Velkyn

So...

FEE_Bundle.jpg

Please tag NSFW stuff

Edit: The only reason it's NSFW is that I almost gasped at my desk

My Mass Effect order (two day shipping/prime) was suddenly delayed to March 23rd after I emailed them about it not arriving today. Edit: Now it isn't arriving until next Monday.

Dealing with them is pushing me to go all digital.

Finally managed to snatch a Switch from "The Source". I actually had one of those $25 discount codes too and freaking forgot to apply it, as I was rushing to check out. Anyone have any experience with shipments from them? Apparently it's supposed to arrive by Thursday.

image.php

Apparently a technical issue is keeping my Mass Effect from shipping. They told me to re-order with fastest shipping and they would wave the cost.
I was told to do this friday and it's saving me a whole day. Maybe. I'm just gonna pull a switcheroo which I guess means yay free toy from best buy?

Mass Effect says preparing for shipping for about 24 hours now with the winter deal back in November 2015. I'm glad I did update the shipping from free to standard as I really did not want it to be held hostage like Gears 4 was for a week and half last October. They really want to make you wait when you get an insanely good deal with stacking promotions.

Dazzler

Was looking at Kijiji at what people were selling their Switchs for, it doesn't seem like much of a profit

yep, the admin of actually arranging to meet someone and sell the console isn't worth the profit they're making

If you're happy to pop out and meet a stranger and all the risks inherent to it for $50 bucks go right ahead

Just called my local Microplay and they have 12 pro controllers!!!! Damn just got one put on the side for me.

If anyone is in the gatineau quebec part call your microplay

I was told to do this friday and it's saving me a whole day. Maybe. I'm just gonna pull a switcheroo which I guess means yay free toy from best buy?

Meh. I don't have much time to play it as I am trying to wrap up Horizon. If the fuck with Persona 5 I will be pissed. Maybe I should pre-preemptively ask them to ship on time.

Meh. I don't have much time to play it as I am trying to wrap up Horizon. If the fuck with Persona 5 I will be pissed. Maybe I should pre-preemptively ask them to ship on time.
This is my 3rd package that will be late this month, 2 were one day shipping 1 was just release day(prime) apparently my rep from lastnight is trying to get them to stop using canada post when they should be using ups for overnights.

This is my 3rd package that will be late this month, 2 were one day shipping 1 was just release day(prime) apparently my rep from lastnight is trying to get them to stop using canada post when they should be using ups for overnights.

It's obvious they under-ordered with Mass Effect. Game is getting shipped on Friday anyway it's just now coming the same day.

trixx

How the heck are switches still sold out? Are people hoarding them or is Nintendo short stocking them. I get that there's huge demand but weird seeing them sell out so fast, small shipments?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

At least if you're prime, you can complain an they'll give you like 10 bucks.

How the heck are switches still sold out? Are people hoarding them or is Nintendo short stocking them. I get that there's huge demand but weird seeing them sell out so fast, small shipments?
think of it this way, the wii sold 100 million units. Nintendo was scheduled to make just 8 million switches this year. The demand for nintendo doing real stuff again is HUGE.

Did they change that as well? lol
I'm still on my prime trial and every time there's been a delay, they've given me something.

They have given me a free month of Prime in the past but nothing this time. My Tuesday release isn't arriving until Friday and apparently the deal they are giving me is ensuring it doesn't arrive next Monday.

trixx

Apparently you don't :p

think of it this way, the wii sold 100 million units. Nintendo was scheduled to make just 8 million switches this year. The demand for nintendo doing real stuff again is HUGE.

Apparently I don't because I had no issues finding and buying a wii u like 3 weeks after it's release. Yeah I know its outpacing it by a lot but I figured those who really wanted one would be able to get one by now. Seems like there's quite a few people finding stock trying to flip it for $50-$75 extra though. Day 1 didn't seem too difficult to purchase. More-so directed to hardcore gamers like gaffers having hard time finding it in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom