• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
DENTAL TALK, MOA FUCKAS ~ A follow-up to a discussion no one remembers
First appointment in 4 years. Have like 5 cavities or something and all 4 of my wisdom teeth need to be removed because of pus or whatever coming out of it. I do have a bad taste in my mouth but I don't have that much pain so I didn't notice it was that bad. Also I might be able to get braces for cheap if I am diagnosed with sleep apnea or something but it's up to my shit family doctor not my nice dentist to diagnose me.

~ FIN

You can get braces for cheap if you have sleep apnea?

I have it, but only when I sleep on my back apparently. The doctor wouldn't do anything about it because of that. I'm kind of glad, though, because I didn't want to wear a mask. But I do wake up during the night for no reason.

Jesus I just randomly checked nowinstock for the NES mini and saw it on toys r us. Clicked add to Cart and got 404'd like everyone else. Did anyone here grab one or did the site just crap out because it got hammered?

leeman

Jesus I just randomly checked nowinstock for the NES mini and saw it on toys r us. Clicked add to Cart and got 404'd like everyone else. Did anyone here grab one or did the site just crap out because it got hammered?

I think their site is being hammered. No online retailer seems to be able to handle the demand. Even Amazon crashed. Only time I have ever seen that...

Canon

Banned
You can get braces for cheap if you have sleep apnea?

I have it, but only when I sleep on my back apparently. The doctor wouldn't do anything about it because of that. I'm kind of glad, though, because I didn't want to wear a mask. But I do wake up during the night for no reason.
Apparently my jaw is fucked up in such a way that it causes sleep apnea. That would be my guess as to why it would be considered "medically necessary." I don't quite remember what she said, but she seemed convinced I had it and I never thought about it until she just knew instantly all the symptoms I had just by looking at my teeth x-ray and whatnot. But she wants me to record myself when I sleep.

Also she knew I had dry mouth all the time, I can barely swallow sometimes. I need mouth wash for dry mouth.

My quality of sleep is always terrible.

krae_man

Wow, I got a $25 gift card after emailing best buy about a bad customer service experience I had.

Someone must have got in deep shit.

Xbudz

So much hope :(

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.
:(

etta

my hard graphic balls
My copy arrived. Can't wait to plwy after dinner.

tumblr_lfl0nuPiYO1qdzjnp.gif

Leeness

If I have my FFXV coming by priority with Canada Post, are they going to need a signature? Will it be a box or bubble wrap?

Regret that I had it sent to my apartment and not my work...why do I do this to myself... It's in Richmond tho...

Canon

Banned
If I have my FFXV coming by priority with Canada Post, are they going to need a signature? Will it be a box of bubble wrap?

Regret that I had it sent to my apartment and not my work...why do I do this to myself... It's in Richmond tho...
Won't fit in mailbox probably.

Don't need signature 9 times out of 10.

farisr

Really glad I had an order for FFXV from amazon, not only did I end up getting it cheaper than my 2013 futureshop preorder, I also got it on time. (have two amazon copies and 1 futureshop copy for my friends)

Got charged for the futureshop order on Friday, and the tracking for the shipment finally updated saying item processed just now. Should be arriving tomorrow.

FFXV shipped tonight, coming tomorrow yay! It's going through Intelcom...they're almost like Amazon's personal UPS. I can count on them dropping the package off at my door like a bag of flaming dog poo.

FFXV finally shipped for me by Amazon. It should be here by Thursday. I was hoping to get it earlier but I'm happy to just get it this week.

tiijj

Amazon/Canada Post.

Hm...sometimes they stuff those in there lol. I guess I'll see tomorrow. I'm going to be really bummed if it ends up at the post office for pick up on Thursday, though 😰

Most single non-CE game that I get from amazon comes in a bubble mailer and if it's through cp, most of the time they put it in the community mailbox and in some cases they drop it in front of the door. If it's through amzca they just leave it in front of the door but one time the guy actually went to the back porch and left my package there.

Leeness

Most single non-CE game that I get from amazon comes in a bubble mailer and if it's through cp, most of the time they put it in the community mailbox and in some cases they drop it in front of the door. If it's through amzca they just leave it in front of the door but one time the guy actually went to the back porch and left my package there.

I have hope! As long as it isn't in a box, I hope they will stuff it in my mail slot! Plzzzzz Canada Post.

DJ_Lae

I'm not usually a stickler for game cases being in perfect shape, but really, a bubble mailer, Amazon? Plus it looks like someone at Canada Post sat on it.

CtaH2dx.jpg

Maximus.

I'm not usually a stickler for game cases being in perfect shape, but really, a bubble mailer, Amazon? Plus it looks like someone at Canada Post sat on it.

CtaH2dx.jpg

Never had an issue with a bubble mailer, why would they waste a box for one game?

It sucks that happened to you though.

Yasumi

Banned
Contacted Amazon about my XV order still not updating since Monday. They said it's probably lost, so they're sending me a replacement copy with one-day shipping.
Kind of hoping they both come, free FFXV would be quite nice.

Final Fantasy XV officially lost in shipping hell with Amazon's own service. My strategy guide is out for delivery and my copy of the game hasn't had a status update since it left the seller facility on Monday.

Amazon is investigating and giving me an extra month of Prime membership.

Contacted Amazon about my XV order still not updating since Monday. They said it's probably lost, so they're sending me a replacement copy with one-day shipping.
Kind of hoping they both come, free FFXV would be quite nice.

Wait, you too? They haven't said anything about shipping me a replacement though. They are just investigating.

m23

Thanks to the poster who mentioned the $25 promotion from the source newsletter. Grabbed the 2tb external for $75 using it.

Yasumi

Banned
Guess I won't be getting anything today. Of course, it'll arrive on my longest day.

Wait, you too? They haven't said anything about shipping me a replacement though. They are just investigating.
Yeah, mine was free shipping though. Weird that yours would disappear with Amazon's own courier.

Guess I won't be getting anything today. Of course, it'll arrive on my longest day.

Yeah, mine was free shipping though. Weird that yours would disappear with Amazon's own courier.

Mine was Amazon Prime. Last update was Monday afternoon at 3:39pm "Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit". Then nothing.

May end up just grabbing a Day One Edition from Best Buy while I wait.

Just looked at that first EB deal. $40 trade in value for Dishonoured 2 and it stacks with my Edge card promo. I should finish that up quick and trade it in. I bought it for $49.99.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just looked at that first EB deal. $40 trade in value for Dishonoured 2 and it stacks with my Edge card promo. I should finish that up quick and trade it in. I bought it for $49.99.

Interesting. The promo seems to be until Jan 1 so thats enough time to beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom