• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canon digicam lenses/etc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Hello thar. I recently upgraded my digicam status from Canon Powershot Digital Elph S200 to the Canon S1-IS as I've become sick of trying to take "real" pictures with that goddamn little thing. Anyway, I'm interested in getting a bigger lense (wide-angle I guess) to use with it, and was wondering what I should look into since I really don't know anything about lenses. I'm pretty sure a wide-angle is what I want....which leads me to another lense question: what all will a wide-angle lense do for me that, say, a telescopic, macro, or no-addon lense wouldn't do? The guy at the store tried to show me some lense that was supposedly made for this camera or for similar digicams or something(?), but I didn't bother looking at it much because he was being a pushy, annoying prick. I think he demonstrated the same lense on some camcorder, and it made the picture wider, took in a lot more light, and was much better at macro. Are there lenses specially made for digicams, or does that even matter? Is something like this what I want? Although this is the only wideangle lense i've found online so far that specifically says it's made for the S1-IS.

Battery question: the thing takes four AA batteries. I want to get rechargables. What kind will last me the longest?

Another question: where can I get 1gb+ compactflash discs the cheapest? Also, anyone know if there's a limit to how large of a card this camera will take?

Thanks fellas. I got back from my trip to NYC today, during which I got this camera (got it at one of those little electronics shops around Times Square run by those sleezy fuckers who make car salesmen look like saints, but I was able to get it for $360), and the trip kinda got me into photography again, hence this thread.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Gosh, that's a great question. I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully somebody here is smart enough to know the answer.

B'z-chan

Banned
All i know is it handles micro drives up to 4gb, compact flash probably 1gb on up will be cool probably. And that nimh 4 batteries are what you might want to look for. Thats all i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom