• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom completely denies that their COO says SF5 could have pay2win mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

lol fuck off. I'm alright at Sf4, had over a 50% win ratio but I'm horrible at Super 2 Turbo. I don't care though, if I want to win, I'll devote time to it, not give someone money.

If it's in, I'm not buying it, plain and simple. Ultra SF4 on PC will suffice for the itch.

Skilletor

So it should be 5 to 6 years before the ultimate definitive version is out right? So umm what's that 2020?

3 years until I spend hundreds of hours playing the base game for a year, a year and a half, and then hundreds more hours playing that.

Probably thousands of hours playing the game by the time people stop using this tired ass joke.

Village

Orginally My post was going to be a list of stuff I wanted for sf5, it wasn't anything major I was just gonna say bring some costumes back bring back alex and stuff.

But I read the actual thing,

And capcom no, please god no. Don't ruin SF

Capcom, do you see NRS story mode?

Copy it. Then market it.

I wouldn't say that.

Street fighter has a lot of people who aren't exactly invovled with the main plot , however having an actual story mode with scenes and multiple through lines instead of the radaen wants to to save the world narrative would be fantastic.

213372bu

Banned
I thought they said they couldn't make Street Fighter V because of budgeting issues.

Oh well, hopefully that Ultra money is being put to good use.

Please don't look visually like Street Fighter IV, please don't look visually like Street Fighter IV, please...

Edit: Pay-for-advantage system, lol, ok nvm, Bargain bin ahoy!

Zhao_Yun

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

I don't even play SF but this sounds more than horrible.

Arkam

I would wait to see how its implemented before I got my panties in a bunch.

I assume the good folks at Capcom are not stupid, so you can calm any outlandishly absurd ideas that they will be selling any 'god mode'. Least not as in any core part of the game ;)

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
paying for an advantage in a competitive fighting game is one of the most spoiled-rich-kid things you could do, lol.

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

[...]

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

what is this shit

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

Hit the jump to read more on what the Capcom president and COO has to say about Street Fighter 5.

Images-article-2012-11-03-hahaha-no-kanye.gif

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
They can fuck off with any pay-to-win bullshit. Completely counter-intuitive to the basis for competitive fighting games.

mekes

Please no more cinematic ultra moves and comeback mechanics. Actually, please no more ultras, just let characters have a few super moves.

Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system

Or, I don't know, they could work on match-making but I guess that would actually cost a bit of money instead of generating money and breaking the game while destroying all the love and respect earned from the competitive scene and just people who like a fair and balanced game in general seems worth it to them.

gorfyako

Banned
Devil's Advocate: Pay-for-advantage won't affect the tourney scene and there's no doubt that the main online mode will not have pay-for-advantage. Capcom's looking for the best of both worlds: To cater towards those who want classic Street Fighter action, and towards those who want to give Capcom money.

I'd rather have this than a straight mobile game.

I don't know what you guys are whining about. Capcpom knows that the best way to improve a skill-based competitive game is to add pay-to-win elements. How else would new players get good? Losing repeatedly until they learn why they're losing?

Pfft

/s

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Capcom have lost their collective fucking minds. You want me to give you real money after having already spent real money buying your game, in order to cheat around the fact that I suck? Oh boy.

bazqF.gif

I like this pay for advantage system maybe now I can beat some people when I play online

<_<

Seriously keep p2w out of pvp competitive games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom