• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Deep Down is a PS4-Exclusive Because Sony Approached Us

Qvoth

yeah, just announce a western release already goddamn, doesn't matter if it's mediocre, f2p is f2p and so i'll probably check it out

i'm not expecting this game to stay f2p though, such a weird decision in the 1st place

Percy

Banned
The seemingly wilfull ignorance displayed by some over this game's development reads like a copy/paste of a lot of Bloodborne/Project Beast threads tbh.

Game will be multi platform and probably the only reason was exclusive is the previous Microsoft P2P policy.

Where this come from?

Looking at things there really is no signs it's been co-developed. No mentions of SCEJ in trailers, or the original announcement on capcom.

http://www.examiner.com/article/deep-down-release-date-and-female-characters-discussed-by-capcom

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/448755/deep-down-beta-launch-delayed-in-japan/

UrbanRats

Resident Evil 4 Deep Down will definitely release only on GameCube Playstation 4, not on another console, if it happens, I will cut my head off.

UrbanRats

Did Nintendo co-develop RE4?

From the line in the OP, i assumed the game was already pretty much done when "Sony approached".
Then again, it's not out yet, so they probably showed it when it was barely anything in the first place.

Weird game to put money into, when you're also developing Bloodborne, i'll say.

Maybe when the PS4 suffers some GameCube tier sales.

Well now, they'll probably surpass the GC's ww sales next year (or the one after), lol.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dear Sony, honestly Infamous, Tearaway and Housemarque games are your only western games i care for so you dropping the western first party support for Vita isn't a big deal for me, I'm happy with indies and Japanese first and third party games coming on Vita but couldn't you try at least a tiny tentative to "approach" some western developers for Vita?
Thank you.

now give me a release date.

and Sony, approach them for Dragon's Dogma as well, please. you already did good with Bloodborne. DD is of similar quality.

BadWolf

Thought this was known from the beginning?

Remember reading after the reveal that Sony is helping them with development.

The fact that its F2P is also probably why they favored the PS4 (from what I understand the PS4 has better F2P policies than X1? Since there are more F2P games on PS4, FFXIV etc.).

Dear Sony, honestly Infamous, Tearaway and Housemarque games are your only western games i care for so you dropping the western first party support for Vita isn't a big deal for me, I'm happy with indies and Japanese first and third party games coming on Vita but couldn't you try at least a tiny tentative to "approach" some western developers for Vita?
Thank you.

They did seem to try though, to me it became clear many western devs (other than indies) want nothing to do with portables. Even when Sony was clearly trying to grab something big from western third parties they had no luck. Activision didn't give a shit about COD on a portable, Levine never did a Vita game despite talking about one during Bioshock Infinite development even on stage, they got a separate Batman game rather than a real 3D one, Naughty Dog didn't want to work on a portable so Bend did Uncharted Golden Abyss. If I remember correctly, about the only big third party western thing they managed to get from that period, where it looked like they were really trying to get a few big western devs to make something, was Assassin's Creed Liberation.

Top Bottom