• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom DMC4, RE:U Sales Prediction

ethelred

Pureauthor said:
Star Force launched way earlier in Japan so it can't be factored in any longer. MMZ-esque games typically aren't big sellers WW either.

So, yeah, it's a long shot. Unless they get more MM games out soon.

ZXA should do around 100k in Japan, 100k in North America, and who knows what in Europe. That's, at a minimum, 200k right there. Star Force should, if it follows the EXE pattern, do at least around 250k in the US. We're at 450k now, without even including European numbers. Now how about Star Force 2 launching in Japan this year? Think it can't do 470k?

And what do you know, there we are -- once again arriving at a perfectly reasonable sales expectation from Capcom. These guys really know how to nail their estimates.

SapientWolf said:
DMC4 might barely break 1M. DMC2 almost killed the series and DMC3 was heavily criticized for being too difficult. If it was released on the PS2 as well I could see it doing 1.8M, maybe even 2M.

Yeah I still haven't pass the first boss in DMC3 yet.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Apparently there are more Wii and DS titles on the way:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14520

"In addition six unnamed Wii titles (presumably including the above two Resident Evil games) and fourteen unspecified Nintendo DS titles are also scheduled – apparently confirming earlier reports of Capcom’s decision to increase support for Nintendo formats."

So at least 2 new Wii projects right? Take out the 2 RE's, Zack and Wiki, and Devil Kings 2.

Icarus

John Harker said:
To put this into a bit of perspective, they also expected 2 mil sales for Lost Planet...

Umm... what, they're at 1.4 million WW without platinum pricing in less than three months (the sale figure given is to the end of March)? 2m is a certainty over its lifetime. Sounds like a good and accurate forecast to me.

ethelred said:
ZXA should do around 100k in Japan, 100k in North America, and who knows what in Europe. That's, at a minimum, 200k right there. Star Force should, if it follows the EXE pattern, do at least around 250k in the US. We're at 450k now, without even including European numbers. Now how about Star Force 2 launching in Japan this year? Think it can't do 470k?

And what do you know, there we are -- once again arriving at a perfectly reasonable sales expectation from Capcom. These guys really know how to nail their estimates.

Did Star Force 1 break 400K in Japan? The last numbers I remember were some time ago, and it was around 300K. I just got the impression that the Japanese were either tired of MMBN-esque gameplay or didn't want to deal with the multiple SKU thing that Capcom was doing.

DSWii60

lupin23rd said:
1.8 million for a new game, on two systems, in 3 regions (so 6 games basically)? Don't see why it can't do 1.8 million at least, lifetime. Or should we say 4 regions since 360 is negligible in Japan, as is the PS3?

Fixed :)

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Icarus said:
Umm... what, they're at 1.4 million WW without platinum pricing in less than three months (the sale figure given is to the end of March)? 2m is a certainty over its lifetime. Sounds like a good and accurate forecast to me.
These predictions are generally for the fiscal year shipments and not lifetime sales. This is why the Mega Man prediction has no release date; if it meant lifetime sales that number would be much higher, and it included just games released this FY it'd say "FY2007" or something and would probably be a lot lower.

1.8 million lifetime for DMC4 is possible, but very unlikely for this year. 620k for RE:UC this year is a decent prediction, but considering the popularity of the GS series and the Wii in general, 620k lifetime is a joke... RE4 will do better than that.

Dascu

schuelma said:

"In addition six unnamed Wii titles (presumably including the above two Resident Evil games) and fourteen unspecified Nintendo DS titles are also scheduled – apparently confirming earlier reports of Capcom’s decision to increase support for Nintendo formats."

So at least 2 new Wii projects right? Take out the 2 RE's, Zack and Wiki, and Devil Kings 2.

Devil May Crii
Okamii
Kiiller7
Dead Phiinix
PN0Thrii
Viiewtiful Joe

Lots of options. :p

puck1337

If the industry wasn't in such a weird state right now, I'd laugh at such a low estimate for DMC4. As it stands, I think that it's probably about right.

jrricky

Banned
schuelma said:

I dont get it. How is it going to be Six unnamed Wii titles and then they add the 2 resident evils, Zack and Wiki and DK2 as those games that are named and announced already. This makes the statement clearly contradictory. I propose 6 new Wii games that are actually UNNAMED and not announced yet.

Furret

Banned
jrricky said:
I dont get it. How is it going to be Six unnamed Wii titles and then they add the 2 resident evils, Zack and Wiki and DK2 as those games that are named and announced already. This makes the statement clearly contradictory. I propose 6 new Wii games that are actually UNNAMED and not announced yet.

They mean Capcom said they were releasing six Wii games in the next fiscal year, but didn't say what any of them were.

Don't start making up bizarre conspiracy theories about a new Capcom 6 or something.

Dascu

jrricky said:

The "unnamed" wasn't a quote. They simply said they have 6 titles for the Wii, but Capcom didn't say what they were. So, that includes games already announced.

Luckyman

Banned
laserbeam said:
Devil May Cry 1 sold around 2.8 million or so back in the day.
Devil may Cry 2 Sold around 1.7 million or so.
Devil may Cry 3 Sold around 1.6 million or so.

The franchise has sold less each consecutive game. I dont think 2 consoles will mega boost sales really either because the same hardcore crowd own either of the 2 systems.

When you release two sequels in a relative short time on the same system of course sales are going to decrease..

jrricky said:
He's being conservative. You can't reallt fault him after Square Enix announced a chocobo game when the PS3 is getting two FFXIIIs.

Top Bottom