• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Japan blames Capcpom USA for misinformation regarding Ibuki's release

Do you realize that this very same JP post we are talking about also mentions the input lag. It's in fact the same blog post as the one from Capcom Unity you linked, except for the part where they blame Capcom USA and the content roadmap shenanigans.

The japanese branch also mentioned the input lag. In fact, chances are the JP blog is the original post that Capcom USA just translated and edited out the japanese branch blaming them.

Capcom USA had never acknowledged the input lag issues until Capcom JP came down with the hammer saying they had to communicate more so I am going to say that

"and thats what capcom US did"

is wrong and it is "that's what Capcom JP forced them to do".

Out of the two branches they were the ones more accurate to the truth. They informed of the Ibuki delay, they were the ones acknowledging the input lag issue.

Capcom USA instead prefers to dick the fans around. Remember that time they said they had a surprise for the end of a tourney, and then they just played the Rashid theme?

So yeah, I think I am putting the trust on the branch that didn't treat us like idiots.

This entire post is just a bunch of conjecture you made up along with a completely incorrect retelling of an event to make capcom US look like super villains. What a weird post.

For the record, Capcom USA never said shit about a surprise and then played the Rashid theme. FANS randomly decided to get it in their heads that Capcom was going to show off an Alex trailer, started chanting for one, and someone there in the moment teased them by playing Rashid music

You know, instead of hoping Blizzard or Riot makes a fighting game to show Capcom how to do the genre justice you could just play Killer Instinct, MKX, Tekken 7, Skullgirls, Guilty Gear Xrd or KoF14.

When people say they want Blizzard or Riot to make a fighting game, they are saying it because they want to see the genre expand significantly. The games you mentioned might be good, but they aren't bringing millions of new players into fighting games.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
DLC post-support of one new character a month should have struck anyone with a lick of sense as overly ambitious and rather unrealistic. Capcom USA is stupid for communicating it that way, but the fans are just as complicit in expecting no delays.

fader

Killer Instinct,
Trying it but not sold on it... don't know why, think its the combo system.
not a fan of the graphics, characters and gameplay. Plus online sucks.
Tekken 7,
If namco releases this on pc. with great network play
Skullgirls,
absolutely HATE the artstyle and theme. Plus im not big on long combo games.
Guilty Gear Xrd
my scene is dead for this game. I wish it was like how it was in mid 2000's with XX... Plus online sucks.
or KoF14.
Idk... I loved 2002 and 13, but the graphics of 14 remind be too much of Maximum Impact. and I hated that series more than Satan himself.... But I will try this out.

I just have faith in Radiant Entertainment which is now owned by Riot apparently since they have Seth Killian and GGPO creators (cannon bros) that they can make a game with good network play and be competent enough to manage it post launch. Unlike Crapcom...

This entire post is just a bunch of conjecture you made up along with a completely incorrect retelling of an event to make capcom US look like super villains. What a weird post.

yea he;s kinda been doing that in all his posts in this thread. Kinda weird imo. like he has an agenda.

DLC post-support of one new character a month should have struck anyone with a lick of sense as overly ambitious and rather unrealistic. Capcom USA is stupid for communicating it that way, but the fans are just as complicit in expecting no delays.

Considering the state of the game at launch, and given Capcoms history, it was fair to assume that all 6 dlc characters were already mostly done and just needed a little polish before release. Nobody was expecting characters made from scratch in a month.

ElFly

What part is conjecture?

The part where Capcom Japan mentioned the input lag? The part where Capcom Japan was the one who informed the fans about the Ibuki delay? The part where both blog posts are the same except for Capcom JP mentioning that Capcom USA had fucked up with their content roadmap?

Capcom JP said they were going to be more communicative, and surprise, Capcom USA posted the same blog post at the same time.

That's not conjecture.

The only conjecture is who wrote the original blog post. But honestly, since Capcom JP was the one more forthcoming with info, I am gonna assume that they are the ones who prefer to be open about PR and as such, "blame" them for forcing Capcom USA to be more open.

I mean, just before this post, Capcom JP was the one correctly saying that Ibuki was going to be released along with the history mode, while Capcom USA's blog post just showed her moves.

For the record, Capcom USA never said shit about a surprise and then played the Rashid theme. FANS randomly decided to get it in their heads that Capcom was going to show off an Alex trailer, started chanting for one, and someone there in the moment teased them by playing Rashid music

And this whole event could have been easily avoided by them saying when the trailer was gonna come up, or you know, revealing Alex with a trailer in the first place, instead of releasing Alex to no fanfare and then letting the fans create their own trailer. Or announcing a date for the character release. Instead they just hoped Alex would be there on time and they just released him. Same with Guile. They expected to the last moment possible, etc, etc, because their content roadmap was not backed by reality.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, paying costumers shouldnt feel entitled to have their product as promised....

Shouta

Looks like Capcom JP didn't think so because they didn't bother saying to Capcom USA how it wouldn't be possible lol.

As was quoted in the OP, I think this is them throwing Capcom USA under the bus. Capcom JP has a history of clashing with their US offices on things and not being communicative at all. There's absolutely no reason that this should have happened if the JP teams communicated with the US teams on a regular basis and were in sync. Someone would have chimed in during their meetings about this road map and said "No, we can't meet this schedule." That obviously didn't happen so either they didn't have those meetings or the managers that acted as the go-between weren't doing their job well enough.

Okay.

Do you actually know something or are you just speculating? Your first post reads like you have some sort of insider knowledge.

I'll concede to this being well-informed speculation & leave it at that. Although if you're looking for more, i'll just leave you with the very obvious/leading question of "What has Capcom Vancouver been up to? And what was the last thing they shipped again?"

OVDRobo

I'm just glad Overwatch came out to fill the Street Fighter-shaped hole in my life that resulted from this game being a prime example of how to mismanage a product on almost every level.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who is at fault here. Don't create a games-as-service game if you can't provide consistent communication and content. This entire incident just serves to demonstrate how abysmal a company Capcom is nowadays.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Yeah, paying costumers shouldnt feel entitled to have their product as promised....
People should be able to recognize patterns and temper expectations accordingly. Delays are part and parcel with the video game industry, and here you've got a dev that seems hobbled in recent years hastily publishing a feature-incomplete game. Will they hit their deadlines without a hitch, Y/N?

ZenTzen

I'm just glad Overwatch came out to fill the Street Fighter-shaped hole in my life that resulted from this game being a prime example of how to mismanage a product on almost every level.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who is at fault here. Don't create a games-as-service game if you can't provide consistent communication and content. This entire incident just serves to demonstrate how abysmal a company Capcom is nowadays.

why even make this comment when overwatch is in no way the same game as SF

and what kind of mismanagement is this you talk about, sure there have been bumps and communication should have been better, but the content is still comming, and by their own admission they have admitted their faults and are trying to get better, now it all depends on how that will translate going forward

way to make a mountain out of a molehilll

I'll concede to this being well-informed speculation & leave it at that. Although if you're looking for more, i'll just leave you with the very obvious/leading question of "What has Capcom Vancouver been up to? And what was the last thing they shipped again?"

I was mostly interested in DMC5 bit but if you want to just leave it at that, then I won't bring it up again.

Honestly, I think a JP game company blaming its US subsidiary for problems is fairly typical behavior. It just happens to be Capcom, and it just happens to be public this time.

Looks like Capcom JP didn't think so because they didn't bother saying to Capcom USA how it wouldn't be possible lol.

As was quoted in the OP, I think this is them throwing Capcom USA under the bus. Capcom JP has a history of clashing with their US offices on things and not being communicative at all. There's absolutely no reason that this should have happened if the JP teams communicated with the US teams on a regular basis and were in sync. Someone would have chimed in during their meetings about this road map and said "No, we can't meet this schedule." That obviously didn't happen so either they didn't have those meetings or the managers that acted as the go-between weren't doing their job well enough.

pretty much. How the JP office didn't approve or talk w/ the USA office before the roadmap came out about the roadmap is beyond me. Or how the JP office didn't communicate with the other branches to not mention dates for characters b/c they themselves dont know when theyll come out. Looking at the date the roadmap came out 5 days before the release of sfv. Why is it now in May that they're like don't believe the roadmap lies. Capcom Japan just being dumb

duvjones

Banned
Ah, the classic Capcom left-hand/right-hand problem. Capcom USA is somewhat autonomous, it been structured like that for years, but it becomes rather noticeable when Capcom USA and Capcom Japan have to coordinate. Mostly because coordination is a problem between to the two for a number of reason. Either that or Capcom USA does something without Capcom Japan oversight because of said autonomy.

But at this point it doesn't matter whom is at fault. This is a problem that needs to be fixed at least in terms of how things are announced and released with SFV. Which is another thing for the CEO of Capcom to scrutinize.
Maybe there is some good to come out of this in that it is yet another failure to correct, and it getting the attention that it is needed. A shame that SFV has to be the sacrifice to correct the release process, but it really has itself to blame.
Nintendo should just buy Capcom and we shall have peace.

swvillains_10_zpsbij6cgh7.jpg
No, just no... Nintendo would be better off without this mess on it's books.

Wild Card

pretty much. How the JP office didn't approve or talk w/ the USA office before the roadmap came out about the roadmap is beyond me. Or how the JP office didn't communicate with the other branches to not mention dates for characters b/c they themselves dont know when theyll come out. Looking at the date the roadmap came out 5 days before the release of sfv. Why is it now in May that they're like don't believe the roadmap lies. Capcom Japan just being dumb

I believe in the article i says Capcom JP said since the schedule came from the US branch, they didn't consider it "official" so they felt no need to make a correction. Which to me seems to like very strange thinking. Perhaps they have an idea of a hierarchy that places them above the US branch, so unless it comes from them people shouldn't fully believe it? That they are not being represented when their other branch makes a statement? I don't know.

mbpm1

I believe in the article i says Capcom JP said since the schedule came from the US branch, they didn't consider it "official" so they felt no need to make a correction. Which to me seems to like very strange thinking. Perhaps they have an idea of a hierarchy that places them above the US branch, so unless it comes from them people shouldn't fully believe it? That they are not being represented when their other branch makes a statement? I don't know.

Exactly.

It's like they thought it was obvious so they didn't speak up.

But nobody from the public of either side of the ocean was clued in and as such, were pissed.

Top Bottom