• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teasing Dragon's Dogma? [Update: Teaser Pictures/Screenshots]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
-Pyromaniac- said:
I believe the guy who leaked the details a few pages ago, he wouldn't risk getting banned me thinks.
What page is that I can't find the post.

Alextended said:
What page is that I can't find the post.
It's not an RPG, it's rather an action game. It's open world & powered by the frostbite engine. You'll fight as a customizable character in a party with KI chars (like that Level 5 ps3 rpg). You can sort of breed them and trade them online (like pokemans) too. There's also loot.
It's looks like Demon's Souls (epic dragons and other monsters), but it's more of an action-adventure, rather than an RPG.
I'm contemplating whether or not to post some pics, but this would be too much of a leak, so fuck it :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26944576&postcount=110

Alexios

Huh? Capcom licenced Frostbite? EA sells it? Cool.

Is this Western developed then? The landscape tells me no for some reason but I don't know.

This could be pretty cool. Demon's Souls meets Spectrobes.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Alextended said:

Is this Western developed then? The landscape tells me no for some reason but I don't know.

This could be pretty cool. Demons Souls meets Spectrobes.
He meant to write MT Framework 2.0.

It wouldn't look halfway to a Wii game were it Frostbite 2. :p

Takao

Banned
Alextended said:

This could be pretty cool. Demon's Souls meets Spectrobes.

Dude went on to say he was actually mistaken and that it was probably MT Framework.

Luigiv

Ratrat said:
Ew no thanks. After all the whining fans did about slaying a Rathian in HD this would be horribly disappointing.
Well I'm not saying I want that, it's just my educated speculation, given what we know. Also who's to say the Raths wouldn't make a cameo appearance, if such a thing were to happen?

Alexios

MT Framework (not Lite) games don't tend to look like Wii games either :p

Not that I think this does, so far.

SmithnCo

Alextended said:
Not sure why people think it looks so bad? It's Oblivion level stuff (with better art/landscape imo) except the lighting is good. Godrays, dynamic shadows, and everything. Nice dust in the wind. Which Oblivion didn't have. How's this not current gen enough? If it's a large scale RPG obviously it can't look like Crysis 2 and do all it needs at the same time.

The video looks compressed, that probably plays into it. I think the shadows and lighting all look good, in a few hours we'll get real video to judge.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Alextended said:
MT Framework (not Lite) games don't tend to look like Wii games either :p

Not that I think this does, so far.
Lost Planet 2 had some similar looking parts.

lost-planet-2-20100420073939989.jpg

Alexios

I guess. I didn't finish LP2 on PC, it annoyed me. It looked super good for the most part though. Hopefully this game is more optimised than LP2. Compared to RE5 it run like ass and didn't look much better imo. RE5 still looks amazing too though. Mostly. Maybe they'll release this on PC too like RE5/SSFIV/LP2. A couple years later :p

Dali

Luigiv said:
Okay, 12 hours to go. Speculation time.

This game will be a spiritual Successor to Monster Hunter from the console team. Reasons for this suspicion being:

1) The leaked info sounds very MH-esque but also sounds like it could take things in a slightly different direction with the whole open world thing, hence the reason it's a new IP and not just a cash in on the MH name (Like how DMC became it's own thing).

2) It's been 20 months since Monster Hunter Tri first released (and I'm 90% certain MHP3 was handled by a mostly separate team). It's about time they showed off their next project.

3) The environment art is very reminiscent of the MH series.

4) Capcom really wants to get the West in on the Monster Hunter craze. MH3 did fairly good but it's still a far cry from what Capcom really wants. A spiritual successor could be just what the doctor ordered. Rope in the existing crowed with the "from the same team that brought you MH" buzz and attract new player by taking things in a more modern direction and ditching any stigma that the old brand may have held.
I was thinking it was something open world and MH-esque from those landscapes. God I hope we're wrong. Single-player offline rpg please.

I'm just setting myself up for disappointment aren't I?
I hope so.

Poyunch

Spiritual sequel to MH makes me sad and happy. I like Monster Hunter the way it was (at least MH3). But I'm happy to see anything Monster Hunter related. Sooooo. I don't know where I'm going with this post.

Alexios

PounchEnvy said:
Spiritual sequel to MH makes me sad and happy. I like Monster Hunter the way it was (at least MH3). But I'm happy to see anything Monster Hunter related. Sooooo. I don't know where I'm going with this post.
It's not exactly confirmed that's the intent. I seriously doubt they won't be making another normal MH just because they have this. Especially if it doesn't do the same millions.

SmithnCo

The source video is pretty big and looks a little better than on the site, definitely PS3/360 level. There's a dust effect that is pretty good looking too.

Syril

Well, the website updated with some basic information. The release date is 2012, it's a 1-player game with online multiplayer, and the genre is listed as Open World Action. There was more than that, but that's all I could read.

Bulzeeb

thanks Duckroll you made me lost like 2 hours of my life reading all that post -_- anyways it was interesting stuff hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom